Piano World Home Page
With thanks to Christopher James Quinn for allowing us to permanently display the following pictures.
Taken by his friend, John Griffin as he fled lower manhattan where he lives and works. He just happened to turn around at this moment and shot this series of pics.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Those are some haunting images.

I am very much so looking forward to the new movie. I'm sure it will be touching.
Now how about some pictures of the plane that hit the pentagon?
Or Flight 93. over 50 people lost their lives trying to stop the Hijackers from crashing their flight into the next likly target of the Capital Building or the White House.

Matt
those are pretty haunting. although it happened like in 2001, those pictures bring back the memories of what everyone had to endure that day. i will never forget that...
It is interesting to see how the 9/11 attack can be seen in a number of points of view and posting pictures sure helped tell how lives can be different. I mean, people of different walks have different stories to tell and it is great how young kids are going to tell this story when they grew older.

I actually want to start, though it seems to be late already, how the young generation saw it and probably document what they have to say about it.
Never forget
There are some days that will always live on in the collective memory.
Everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard about it.

It is 11 years on and the world is still shocked and still grieves.

Awful, awful day ....

It's overwhelming to think how the US and our lives have changed since that day.....
I remember the feeling of shock and unbelief we all felt that morning; a feeling that rapidly changed to anger. We should still feel that anger. There were long lines at local blood centers that day and for many days after as patriots lined up to give blood that could be used to help the survivors. One of the most telling stories I heard was a guy who told me he was having lunch across the street from the local armed forces recruiting offices that day. He looked at the recruiting offices where the line of young men anxious to volunteer to serve our nation stretched out the door and wrapped nearly all the way around the parking lot of the shopping center.

The usurpation of liberties that our elected officials committed in the aftermath of 9-11 still rankles in my mind. I am talking about the massive Dept. of Homeland Security and TSA, etc. that were enacted in the wake of the attacks so that the government could claim to be doing something to address the issue. I really don't care about the supposed rights of the terrorists, but I am concerned about the loss of freedoms that we, the American people have accepted since.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums