Piano World Home Page
Posted By: OU812 So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 01/27/22 09:41 AM
A pretty decent bit of kit for the money.
The action isn't going to set the world on fire - think Yamaha P125, but the samples (in particular the Italian Grand) are really good. Blow me over good. The touch response is also a stand out. I owned a (much) more expensive Korg G1 Air and the response of the B2 is flat out better.
I also get 30W of speakers, an actual damper pedal (not a clicker) and midi/audio over USB. Yep... Plug into your laptop and hear the VST audio through the Korg speakers. One cable.
$649au. Total no-brainer for a beginner keyboard.
Posted By: jackopiano Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 01/27/22 09:57 AM
yep. i bought a b1 as my first weighted keyboard (absolute 2nd hand bargain) and it was great. Only looked for a replacement because it didn't have MIDI (otherwise identical to the b2). The p515 i replaced it with is in a different league action-wise but as you say, for the price and for a beginner the korg b1/b2 is great - and light too
Posted By: hag01 Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 01/27/22 01:02 PM
Yep, very nice piano considering its weight, size and price.
I bought it because I wanted a portable piano with loud speakers.

Unfortunately I didn't got along with mine and had to sale it, because I have wide fingers(and wide palm, and wide body structure, these things come together...), and whenever I wanted to put my finger on an A note between G# and Bb, it felt very unpleasant. Other than A note, the spacing between the keys was actually Okish as far as I remember, even for me.

Anyway, this problem is not relevant to the vast majority of piano players out there, and yes, you got decent action, decent sound, very good action to sound response, good loud speakers that you can count of in small gigs, USB MIDI and line in, and it is light and portable.

After selling it I couldn't find anything as light and portable that can compete with those features and also got speakers which are decently loud. I'm probably going to get a Roland FP60X instead, which is great of course, but significantly heavier. Hopefully the weight difference won't make a huge difference if I'll take it outdoor on a bag with wheels attached, but to be honest, I assume it will simply going to be a tougher work to move it around, but I don't have a choice, anything else on the market around 12 KG has at list one factor which is a deal breaker for me...
Posted By: Myon Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 01/28/22 05:16 PM
I like the Korg B2 as a plain MIDI-keyboard for my virtual Piano softwares and paired with the separate Korg PU-2 pedal unit. - Just the corners of the white keys are not rounded smooth enough in my opinion. But maybe I just got a monday model.
Posted By: OU812 Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 01/28/22 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Myon
I like the Korg B2 as a plain MIDI-keyboard for my virtual Piano softwares and paired with the separate Korg PU-2 pedal unit. - Just the corners of the white keys are not rounded smooth enough in my opinion. But maybe I just got a monday model.

Nah, I've noticed the key edges too. Minor annoyance.
Posted By: Alan JB Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 08/12/22 06:33 PM
I bought a second hand Korg B2 just recently, and it's fine except some of the sounds don't come out right when I use headphones. I mean, they are unusable. Has anybody else had this problem, and can it be fixed?
Posted By: Charles Cohen Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 08/12/22 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Alan JB
. . . I mean, they are unusable.

(a) Could you be more specific about what, exactly, makes them unusable ?

(b) What headphones are you using ?

Thanks --
Posted By: SouthPark Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 08/12/22 10:59 PM
Impossible to know what {it's fine except some sounds don't come out right} means - whether it is from headphones or from speakers. One way to test is to use the same head-phones on one or two brand new Korg B2 instruments (if possible) - for comparisons. That can help get toward the cause of whatever it is.
Posted By: hag01 Re: So I bought a Korg B2 and it's - 08/15/22 06:58 PM
It sounds like you have a problem with your headphones.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums