Piano World Home Page
Posted By: stevedoz DPs and spares - 12/05/21 12:56 PM
I mentioned recently that I have an issue with my Kawai ES8, and thanks to kind people here I've made enquiries about getting it fixed.
Problem is, people are saying that the component(s) required are not available and have been on back order for months.
I was wondering if this may be an ongoing issue as I know there are component shortages affecting many industries.
It makes me a bit concerned about getting my slab fixed, and for buying new DPs in the future.
Or am I reading the situation incorrectly?
Posted By: EVC2017 Re: DPs and spares - 12/05/21 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by stevedoz
I was wondering if this may be an ongoing issue as I know there are component shortages affecting many industries.
It makes me a bit concerned about getting my slab fixed, and for buying new DPs in the future.

It is a problem that is affecting several industries. Unfortunately it still may last for some time.

In the past I have bought contact strips from Synthparts, you may try their web site or maybe contact them asking for help.
Posted By: stevedoz Re: DPs and spares - 12/05/21 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by EVC2017
Originally Posted by stevedoz

It is a problem that is affecting several industries. Unfortunately it still may last for some time.

In the past I have bought contact strips from Synthparts, you may try their web site or maybe contact them asking for help.

Thanks
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums