Piano World Home Page
Ivory II-Grand Pianos ($349) $299
Ivory II-Studio Grands ($299) $249
Ivory II-American Concert D ($199) $149
Ivory II-Italian Grand ($179) $129
Ivory II-Upright Pianos ($299) $249
ACD always is tempting.
It is! Sweetwater ran a nice Black Friday deal on ACD, I can't remember the price though. I got it at the normal price this past fall, haven't regretted it, it just feels so nice with my VPC1!
Now that I have most of the big ones (three VSL Bossies included), I still find the ACD, which incidentally came with my VPC1 set, fully enjoyable. Only the interface is a bit dated and hard to resize on my 4k monitor, but I can live with it
What have they been up to anyway? They haven't released anything noteworthy in the past few years, their pianos have become pretty outdated (although I'll say their ACD is still good), and their sales prices aren't really that enticing IMO. Have they stopped developing? I'd like to see Ivory III with sampled pedal down resonance, if they could pull that off that'd be a big step forward to being competitive.
Originally Posted by Grazilerimba
What have they been up to anyway? They haven't released anything noteworthy in the past few years, their pianos have become pretty outdated (although I'll say their ACD is still good), and their sales prices aren't really that enticing IMO. Have they stopped developing? I'd like to see Ivory III with sampled pedal down resonance, if they could pull that off that'd be a big step forward to being competitive.

Ivory 2.5 brought many new features.
I think they are doing well. In a sale recently I bought the Studio Grands, and I play these exclusively now, even though I even more recently updated to Pianoteq 7, and also have Garritan CFX Lite installed. The Studio Grands simply seem more "real" than the others.

That said, it would be nice to see them introduce new pianos, especially such that are not abundantly available already on the VST market. A Grotrian, and a Mason & Hamlin would be nice. Maybe a Blüthner, or a Steingraeber.
Originally Posted by EB5AGV
Now that I have most of the big ones (three VSL Bossies included), I still find the ACD, which incidentally came with my VPC1 set, fully enjoyable. Only the interface is a bit dated and hard to resize on my 4k monitor, but I can live with it

I always liked the acd, but personally the vsl libaries caused me to have a much harder time enjoying it, and I don't really use it anymore because of that.

The reason is I think it sounds quite muffled compared to the clarity of vsl's piano's. It still has great tone and playability, but for me the sound/recording technique is outclassed, which makes me always choose the one that just sounds better to me.

For the same reason in my opinion the synthogy piano's are a bit overpriced by now, even with the sale prices. But I only judge by the acd, I don't own the others.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums