Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Nemaara Liszt's Ricordanza S137 - 04/19/22 05:36 PM

Like the title says, it's Ricordanza but the 137 version. How did I do?
Posted By: doctor S Re: Liszt's Ricordanza S137 - 04/25/22 01:42 AM
Sorry to be the first to reply, but, ...this is very, very good. Is it as good as Earl Wild? Probably not, but close. Didn't hear (or see...most here don't provide the simultaneous score!) any clinkers. If I could play it at this level (and I can't and never could), I would, before the perfection of practice I had only temporarily attained fades away, get myself to an artist-grade piano (and hall, if available) and record it again. The piano isn't bad, but the acoustics sound small, and the piece isn't that. I don't know who you are, but don't give up!
Posted By: Nemaara Re: Liszt's Ricordanza S137 - 04/25/22 03:35 AM
Thanks for the response! I play this one often enough and it's at a level where I can play it pretty comfortably so I don't anticipate it fading any time soon. ^_^

But you are right about the piano. I said this on the other posts I made but I just record on my old upright in a small carpeted room so the acoustics are bound to be not that great. As a student (and not even a music student) it's not really like I can afford anything else at the moment though so I have to make do the best I can.
Posted By: MrSh4nkly Re: Liszt's Ricordanza S137 - 04/26/22 01:08 AM
Well best wishes to those studies paying off someday, so you can have an instrument worthy of your playing.
Posted By: SiFi Re: Liszt's Ricordanza S137 - 07/19/22 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by doctor S
Is it as good as Earl Wild?

Yes, technically at least. I have never heard the passage from 6:10 to 6:50 played that perfectly at that speed. Extraordinary!!
Posted By: Hakki Re: Liszt's Ricordanza S137 - 07/20/22 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by SiFi
Originally Posted by doctor S
Is it as good as Earl Wild?

Yes, technically at least. I have never heard the passage from 6:10 to 6:50 played that perfectly at that speed. Extraordinary!!

I feel we were wasting time with these recordings.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums