Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Jun-Dai Rondo in C - 08/14/21 08:12 PM
Another piece that I wrote recently:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88s04debk4v3t90/Jun-Dai%20-%20Rondo.pdf?dl=0

[Linked Image]

I reserve no rights and am happy for this piece to be in the public domain.

After working on this piece, I've decided that the rondo is such an underused form. There's something pretty special about being able to revisit the point of departure over and over again, transforming it a bit each time.
Posted By: RnRSymphony Re: Rondo in C - 09/10/21 04:45 AM
Congratulations on completing another piece of music.
It's an accomplishment.
Please tell us how long it took to say "it's done".
If there is a performance of it being played I'd love to hear it.
Posted By: Jun-Dai Re: Rondo in C - 09/10/21 07:34 PM
Thank you!

It took me 4-5 days to get the basic piece notated in short form, and then probably a week to write it out (and make all the decisions around articulation, dynamics, etc.). There was maybe a week in between where I wasn't actively touching it, but it was bouncing around in the back of my head.

The cutoff for me, when I considered it "done," was when I mailed the original manuscript to my friend in NY (we mail our compositions to each other). I took a scan of it just before mailing it, which is what I included here.

I don't really have a performance of it — I do play it from time to time, but I've not gotten around to doing a proper recording of it. When I do, I'll post it back here.
Posted By: CodySean Re: Rondo in C - 09/13/21 03:50 AM
You should do a recording! Otherwise I won't be able to hear it lol.

Also your penmanship is out of this world. Half the reason I compose in musescore is because my penmanship sucks and I can't even read it half the time!
Posted By: Rowy van Hest Re: Rondo in C - 09/13/21 11:00 AM
Instead of an Ab in the lower staff at measure 3 I would have notated a G#.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums