Piano World Home Page
I'm writing to share the good news that I passed the "Elementary E" level of piano proficiency in the American College of Musicians' National Guild of Piano Teachers. This is level 5 out of a total of 21 levels. My understanding is that passing level 21 means you're ready to enter a conservatory. The second photo below shows the 3 pieces I played and the judge's evaluation. Column "C" means "commendable" and column "A" means "needs work." I want to thank this community for all the knowledge you share in these forums. I've learned a lot from my teacher, but I've also learned a lot from you guys as well!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Exciting news. Great report. Congratulations!

Regards,
Great stuff, Talão. Onwards and upwards!
Talao
Great job!!!
Thank you BruceD, psyche23, and dogperson! :-)
Congrats!

I had the column meaning mixed up and thought “A” was the gold star as in typical American grading system we see an “A” and often think A = good and C = not as good... but glad I read your details and saw that the “C” means very good! Nice work and well deserved.
Originally Posted by Sebs
Congrats!

I had the column meaning mixed up and thought “A” was the gold star as in typical American grading system we see an “A” and often think A = good and C = not as good... but glad I read your details and saw that the “C” means very good! Nice work and well deserved.

Thank you, Sebs! Indeed, it does go against the usual norm :-)
Congrats, Talão! Well done!
Nice work!
Congrats! Nice comment from the examiner! Very encouraging.
Thank you, bSharp(C)yclist, JimF, and Pianoperformance! :-)
Nice work. Congratulations!
Originally Posted by klavieronin
Nice work. Congratulations!

Thank you, klavieronin!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums