Piano World Home Page
Posted By: PhilipInChina Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/10/19 10:11 AM
Now is your chance to sign up.

It will be, as usual, around the middle of July. Exact date to be established.

See earlier threads for details of previous parties.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/11/19 10:00 AM
See:

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2592097/all/bulgaria-2017.html

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2751492/piano-party-july-2019.html#Post2751492
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/11/19 05:05 PM
You're already working on the next one?!
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/12/19 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by malkin
You're already working on the next one?!

Wow, PhilipInChina Piano Party (PPP) 3.0 hasn't even formally launched and PPP 4.0 has already been announced! thumb
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/15/19 05:25 AM
Come on everybody. You have the 2019 write up. Volunteers for next year?
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/20/19 09:05 PM
For anyone who hasn't been to Philip's, it's very easy to get there. The payoff is a great party!
Posted By: huaidongxi Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/22/19 09:18 PM
Philip, thanks for the invitation. it will be difficult for us to even plan an austro-hungarian/balkan expedition for at least a couple of years, but you've inspired me to at least keep the dream alive of making one to visit you. you're really a beacon of cheer on these forums, dankon.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/22/19 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by johnstaf
For anyone who hasn't been to Philip's, it's very easy to get there.

Doesn't this really depend on where you are travelling from?
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/23/19 09:31 PM
For anyone who hasn't been to Philip's, it's very easy to get there.

Doesn't this really depend on where you are travelling from?

Of course. I was assuming guests will fly into Sofia, which is reachable from anywhere in the World. It's very simple after that.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/24/19 05:18 AM
The other international airports in this tiny country are on the Black Sea coast. The journey, here, from the Black Sea is equally simple. In fact they are at the other end of the same railway line.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/24/19 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by PhilipInChina
The other international airports in this tiny country are on the Black Sea coast. The journey, here, from the Black Sea is equally simple. In fact they are at the other end of the same railway line.

I'm still not sure if we did the right thing spending the day before the 2019 party in Sofia, or if it would have been nicer to sit on the beach in Varna for a day instead. As you now know, my wife wilts in the heat.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/24/19 02:34 PM
This isn't the place to mention it, but it's my thread!

Folk festival in the village this coming weekend, so I shall have more guests.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/24/19 07:44 PM

Ah yes, the legendary folk festival of the changing dates!

I'm planning my next trip to coincide with the festival; I shall be accompanied by Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster and we shall book travel on the Flying Dutchman as soon as firm dates for the festival are established!
Posted By: NobleHouse Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/24/19 10:42 PM

I'm planning my next trip to coincide with the festival; I shall be accompanied by Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster and we shall book travel on the Flying Dutchman as soon as firm dates for the festival are established!

??? Must be some inside joke???
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/25/19 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by NobleHouse

??? Must be some inside joke???

Philip has scheduled the party to coincide with the festival, but the festival doesn't stick with their announced dates. So I'm just joking about that. All good fun.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/26/19 05:49 AM
Well it is going to happen. There are trucks and caravans etc. rolling into the village already Shadow and I might walk up to the park a bit later on. She can't go during the music itself as it is too noisy for her.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/26/19 01:25 PM
It sounds great; have fun. Really, it wouldn't be worth the joke if it didn't sound like a good time.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/27/19 09:03 AM
I had wondered about trying more of a jazz theme in 2020.

Would that involve party fedoras rather than baseball caps?
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/27/19 02:14 PM
Get Jon Baptiste and we're there!
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/28/19 07:36 AM
He's dead. Had his head cut off.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/28/19 04:53 PM
Not that one. I misspelled.
This one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Batiste

He could do a master class:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OroNM1E-A9c
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/28/19 09:07 PM
Are you going to attend the 2020 party, Malkin? You would notice a few differences.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/28/19 11:38 PM
No plans for 2020 yet. Right now I'm working on getting out of 2019 without any more broken bones, crazy accidents, or other health setbacks.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 07/30/19 09:26 PM
One definite and one probable so far........
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/01/19 06:31 AM
Well, I seem to have my first taker.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/08/19 09:09 AM
I think I have devised a way to buy a new Steinway. All I need to do is take the empty beer bottles, from the party, and claim the deposits.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/08/19 01:56 PM
Glass bottles?
I only remember 2 litre plastic bottles, which were recycled immediately into dog toys.
(Seriously, watching Shadow viciously attack those bottles was a memorable part of the trip!)
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/08/19 02:25 PM
Glass bottles?
I only remember 2 litre plastic bottles, which were recycled immediately into dog toys.
(Seriously, watching Shadow viciously attack those bottles was a memorable part of the trip!)

Aha! Is that why Shadow is such a good biter? Because she practiced on plastic bottles? wink
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/08/19 04:27 PM
I think I have devised a way to buy a new Steinway. All I need to do is take the empty beer bottles, from the party, and claim the deposits.

If you include the whiskey and gin bottles you can get a Bösendorfer Imperial!
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/10/19 05:02 AM
No deposit on spirits bottles, so they just get recycled.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/15/19 05:08 AM
Anybody else interested?
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/19/19 05:52 AM
I have ordered a scaffold so as to be able to do some work on the ballroom roof. Not sure when the scaffold will be here.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/20/19 10:25 PM
You may want to ask Frank to list this party in his newsletter.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 08/26/19 07:15 AM
He did so, which was good.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 09/03/19 05:53 PM
Not been trampled by the rush.
Posted By: dogperson Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 09/03/19 06:07 PM
Not been trampled by the rush.

I would love to come, but I can’t predict this far away😢 whether it will work out for next summer. Unfortunately, my vacation time is contingent on work project deliverables
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 09/11/19 03:31 AM
Looks as if I have another taker.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/02/19 08:27 PM
So, do you know what was wrong with that sticky key on the grand?
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/03/19 12:22 AM
IIRC it wasn't sticky anymore when I tried it. NRPS (Newly Regulated Piano Syndrome).
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/03/19 10:54 AM
Do either of you remember which key was sticking?
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/03/19 11:20 AM
I think it was C# 6 (the octave above middle C). The F above middle C wasn't repeating quickly enough for the Beethoven, if I remember correctly. I think the F was fine by the time Veneta had finished.

I think she managed to make it submit to her will by the end. I suppose it's not unlike the pounding machines they have in the factory for the new pianos. Well, apart from the fact that she's a great pianist.

Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/03/19 04:59 PM
I must mention to her that you compared her to a pounding machine.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/04/19 08:40 AM
eek
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/05/19 07:36 AM
Venetea Neynska and the tuner are good friends. I suggested that he should keep out of her way having provided her with a piano with a sticky key. He countered that she should keep away from him for breaking a piano which he had regulated.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/05/19 08:35 AM
Haha! Yes I remember that.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/06/19 05:34 PM
They couldn't be better friends.
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/17/19 01:25 PM
I found Veneta's CD as I was tidying up. Looking forward to listening a little later.

https://neynska.com/about-veneta/
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/18/19 07:07 PM
She certainly is worth listening to! Remember where first you heard her.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/26/19 07:01 AM
Here is a chance to hear her live:
https://cm.modo.bg/t/ViewEmail/r/A3DA0C8FCE2EE9322540EF23F30FEDED/53010B7181C8C19B3D3F7F9A22A6E02E
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/30/19 03:44 AM
So the house is a continuing project, is it not? What are you planning on working on this year? More on the music room?
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 07:20 AM
Ihave to do some small projects. I have a water stain on the wall of the music room as you probably noticed. This week I picked up a good tip. Apparently if you try to paint out a water stain using ordinary emulsion paint the mark comes through. The trick is to paint it out with gloss paint, then go over that with emulsion.

Evgeni took the accordion to try and get it fixed. He thinks he has found an accordion mender, so that could be good news.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 08:24 AM
Funny I was just looking up the same thing. I was looking at apartments in London online, thinking about what I would buy if someone gave me millions. There was a nice little one for £2,000,000 with a water stain on the ceiling, so I looked up how to get rid of it. If someone would give me £2,000,000 I'd appreciate it.
Posted By: LarryK Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 09:36 AM
Funny I was just looking up the same thing. I was looking at apartments in London online, thinking about what I would buy if someone gave me millions. There was a nice little one for £2,000,000 with a water stain on the ceiling, so I looked up how to get rid of it. If someone would give me £2,000,000 I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to my world, not in London, but in New York City, where the prices of apartments are also high.

A water stain on the ceiling is not the end of the world. Try dealing with water streaming down an interior wall of a closet in the bedroom and all over your wife’s clothes, from a roof that leaks and will never be fixed, because the building is full of tenants who are paying artificially low rents while you’re taking it in the neck. Oh, and the landlord still wants a thirty three percent rent increase.

After the deluge, I got to fight orange, and black mold for a month, while trying to sleep in that room.

I singlehandedly got us out of that mess of an apartment, while my wife was studying in Paris, and under a roof with a twenty year warranty, and owning not renting, with a group of shareholders who maintain the building, which, after all, is more important than any single apartment.

I was moved by a nice group of immigrants, including an Irish guy who told me a lot of stories from days gone by, and seemed like a genuinely good fellow.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by LarryK

Welcome to my world, not in London, but in New York City, where the prices of apartments are also high.

I have "looked at" plenty of apartments there as well! The Internet is either a blessing or a curse. I'm not sure which.

I also discovered a tiny little house in Paris.

All I need is a few million. Anyone???
Posted By: LarryK Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by LarryK

I have "looked at" plenty of apartments there as well! The Internet is either a blessing or a curse. I'm not sure which.

I also discovered a tiny little house in Paris.

All I need is a few million. Anyone???

Bill Pulte, on Twitter, is giving away money, not sure if it is only US, but not millions, thousands, and that won’t change your life drastically.

As Mark Twain wrote, the lack of money is the root of all evil.

Where my wife lived in Paris while studying, in a small place, there was an Italian guy living in the former gardener’s shed in the courtyard. It was tiny but had a washer and dryer. The guy seemed happy because he could walk outside his apartment and smoke and text in the courtyard, and he would even have guests over to stay with him! I think you could still squeeze an upright into his one room. I’ve got a picture somewhere.

Show me your tiny house in Paris!

If you’re serious about New York, I could point you towards more reasonably priced apartments, nowhere near 2m, but you’ll have to go far uptown in Manhattan. I don’t do Brooklyn.

The internet is both a blessing and a curse. We are blessed to be able to network human brains on a scale we’ve never been able to do before, and we’re cursed by what those brains come up with sometimes.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 10:40 AM
The Paris place is long sold. And not to me. I'm poor. grin

I just look up these things all the time. For some reason I like to keep an eye on NY, London, and Paris property.

Once I have my piano, I consider myself incredibly wealthy. smile
Posted By: LarryK Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/31/19 12:36 PM
The Paris place is long sold. And not to me. I'm poor. grin

I just look up these things all the time. For some reason I like to keep an eye on NY, London, and Paris property.

Once I have my piano, I consider myself incredibly wealthy. smile

That’s a good attitude. Historically, pianos have been instruments for the wealthy. A talented Brazilian guitarist I know said that poor servants in Brazil heard pianos in the houses of the wealthy and imitated those sounds on the guitar, as none of them owned pianos.

Since you’re keeping an eye on so much property, perhaps you could find us a nice Georgian house in Dublin.

By the way, property is a curse. I could write a book about that.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/02/19 06:40 AM
The party might not provide playing of this standard, but you will have the choice between 2 C Bechsteins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgecQ1uytSA
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/05/19 06:44 AM
Any thoughts on the acoustics in the ballroom from those who attended in earlier years?
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/05/19 01:23 PM
Any thoughts on the acoustics in the ballroom from those who attended in earlier years?

It sounded much better in there when Vaneta played than it did for any of the rest of us!
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/05/19 01:37 PM

I did think it has an odd echo from some parts of the room. but I don't know about the position of the piano since I didn't play it.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/06/19 06:12 AM
Was the recording a success?
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/06/19 06:46 AM
Was the recording a success?

Needs to be edited. Nontrivial since there was som rotation. The problem was, though you had a camera tripod, I hadn't thought to bring my camera mount/bracket, and as you might recall, I tried using tape which caused sagging over time. I will edit and see how it is.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/09/19 08:52 AM
OK. Perhaps if you do get it edited I would be interested to hear it.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/09/19 04:47 PM
Philip, have you decided yet about having Blüthner rebuild your concert grand?
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/11/19 06:49 AM
Yes. I am not going to proceed.

My thinking goes somewhere alond these lines: The pieno will form part of my estate in the not too far distant future. When it does will it be of more value if rebuilt than "as is"? The answer is yes. If I do have it rebuilt will it be worth more if rebuilt by the manufacturer. Again we get a yes. Will it be worth more than current value plus the cost of rebuilding comes up with a no. Would me executors prefer cash to the piano. Of course that is a yes as well! I don't need it to be rebuilt. It is good enough as it is and I have the others to play, especially the C Bechstein B in the music room which is excellent. So why rebuild the Bluthner? There is no point.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/11/19 10:16 AM
Yes. I am not going to proceed.

My thinking goes somewhere alond these lines: The pieno will form part of my estate in the not too far distant future. When it does will it be of more value if rebuilt than "as is"? The answer is yes. If I do have it rebuilt will it be worth more if rebuilt by the manufacturer. Again we get a yes. Will it be worth more than current value plus the cost of rebuilding comes up with a no. Would me executors prefer cash to the piano. Of course that is a yes as well! I don't need it to be rebuilt. It is good enough as it is and I have the others to play, especially the C Bechstein B in the music room which is excellent. So why rebuild the Bluthner? There is no point.

I hear someone's 'inner accountant' speaking wink
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/11/19 06:31 PM
Sensible thinking, but I don't do sensible. grin
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/12/19 01:42 AM
I compartmentalize sensibility.

The piano department is not really in the sensible thinking section.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/12/19 07:09 PM
The inner accountant is always fairly near the surface.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/16/19 11:28 AM
As 2020 is jazz piano, I am looking at ways of having an evening in the ballroom with tables and chairs rather than the traditional afternoon concert with rows of seats.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/17/19 01:03 AM
A speakeasy?
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 11/19/19 07:20 AM
Something of the sort. I always fancied one of those doors with a small door at head height so you can snarl at people visiting and ask them for the password.
Posted By: CyberGene Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/01/19 03:55 PM
My wife was cleaning up her iPhone storage and found out the following:

It was an after-party ad-hoc impro I embarrassed myself with, literally minutes before we left. I had not been playing jazz for years at the time and most of chord-scale relations were gone... But that Bechstein (right, Philip?) is very inspiring!
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/01/19 05:12 PM
[Linked Image]

From L-to-R: PhilipInChina, johnstaf, Tyrone Slothrop, and CyberGene (14 July 2019, Gradishte, Bulgaria)
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/01/19 06:18 PM
Looking good!

Careful--One false move and you'll be down the stairs and stored in the cellar with the mysterious bags full of lumpy items!
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/01/19 07:23 PM
Fond memories!
Posted By: NobleHouse Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/02/19 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
[Linked Image]

From L-to-R: PhilipInChina, johnstaf, Tyrone Slothrop, and CyberGene (14 July 2019, Gradishte, Bulgaria)

Love the picture!
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/02/19 03:44 PM
You wouldn't want to be in the ballroom at present. I don't heat it, so it's cold in there.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/05/19 08:14 AM
Veska got the winter carpets down yesterday. One of them has improved the acoustics in the music room.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/06/19 12:53 AM
Looking at my cap, it would appear that my big head isn't entirely figurative.
Posted By: Animisha Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/07/19 07:12 AM
[Linked Image]

Finally, a photo! Four lovely men. Why did we have to wait for all these months before we could see this? wink
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/07/19 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Animisha
[Linked Image]

Finally, a photo! Four lovely men. Why did we have to wait for all these months before we could see this? wink

There is always a reason! wink
Posted By: John305 Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/07/19 10:33 AM
I suspect one of them is either in the witness protection program or they are a member of MI6.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/07/19 01:34 PM
I see that the Bluthner isn't the only one with a belly.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/07/19 01:37 PM
Yes, Evgeni, that is one of the Bechsteins. I happen to think it is the best piano in the place, but others have other opinions.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/10/19 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by CyberGene

It was an after-party ad-hoc impro I embarrassed myself with, literally minutes before we left. I had not been playing jazz for years at the time and most of chord-scale relations were gone... But that Bechstein (right, Philip?) is very inspiring!

How do I find that on YouTube? I want to send a link to a friend.
Posted By: Tyrone Slothrop Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/10/19 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by CyberGene

How do I find that on YouTube? I want to send a link to a friend.

URL link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v69mE0-qJFc
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/11/19 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by John305
I suspect one of them is either in the witness protection program or they are a member of MI6.

This makes perfect sense.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/11/19 08:11 PM
I think I have got a line on a professional jazz pianist for the party, also possibly a professional jazz singer.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/12/19 03:47 AM
Sounds good!
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/15/19 05:01 PM
Yes, I don't want to say any more until I have reached the necessary agreement.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 12/21/19 10:14 AM
The date of the climax of the party will be 11 July which is a Saturday. The party will start in the middle of the week before and go on into the following week.

On the evening of the 11th I have singer Marina Dragomiretzkaya and jazz pianist Samuel Eftimov booked to perform for us. Of course guests will be encouraged to play as well.

I am looking for suggestions on favourite pieces for them to play.

For guests as well as piano there are drums, guitar and double bass available. I am sure we can get something together.

The house sleeps 9 people without resorting to airbeds and the like, so accomodation is available on a first come first served basis.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 01/17/20 10:26 AM
I am currently in Slovenia, so preparations have stopped FTB.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 01/22/20 10:16 AM
Have you had any more takers here on PW?
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 01/24/20 06:44 AM
No, numbers have not increased.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 01/29/20 06:52 AM
Further to that, I have got another possible.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 02/05/20 10:30 AM
Just as I said that, someone has dropped out!
Posted By: malkin Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 02/05/20 10:41 PM
Easy come; easy go.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 02/05/20 11:56 PM
Am I the only PWer?
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 02/07/20 07:00 AM
I don,t think so.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 02/14/20 11:37 AM
I wonder how many will be there from last year.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 02/15/20 12:02 PM
I am currently looking into that.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 03/02/20 09:12 AM
Should pick up a few locals.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 03/15/20 07:45 PM
I hope that the Corona virus will have subsided by the time of the party.
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 03/24/20 03:29 PM
I am sorry to have to say this. Due to complications as a result of the Corona Virus I shall have to cancel the function.
Posted By: johnstaf Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 03/24/20 05:59 PM
Postponing it for a year means it will coincide with the 2021 party, so you'll have two parties at the same time! Can't wait!
Posted By: PhilipInChina Re: Piano Party 2020 Bulgaria - 10/02/20 08:06 PM
The newsletter referred to this one. It had to be cancelled due to COVID. See the 2021 thread.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums