Piano World Home Page
Posted By: klavier777 ManyCam software for teaching - 12/23/20 02:56 AM
Hello.

Does anyone here have experience using the ManyCam software for teaching? If so is it useful? I'm debating whether to get it to use 3 cameras at the same time, main view, overhead and pedals all at once. I appreciate any opinions/advice. Thank you!
Posted By: keystring Re: ManyCam software for teaching - 12/24/20 09:55 PM
I have a feeling that if you are a teacher and indicate this in a footer, responses may be faster. Just guessing on that one. The low response may also be "seasonal".
Posted By: nicknameTaken Re: ManyCam software for teaching - 12/25/20 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by klavier777
Hello.

Does anyone here have experience using the ManyCam software for teaching? If so is it useful? I'm debating whether to get it to use 3 cameras at the same time, main view, overhead and pedals all at once. I appreciate any opinions/advice. Thank you!

Depends. Skype is no more usable on MAC with manycam since virtual webcams are blocked from Microsoft on MAC
Furthermore, with 3 webcams you need a dedicated active USB hub or even two of them, since you WILL run out of USB power so your webcams deactivate randomly.
I personally use 2. 4 Ampere Active USB hubs that cost 80 euro each.

I discourage you for using so much cameras at once. It is distracting and there is evidence you can't focus at them at once.

With my teacher, we made the agreement that we send eachother only video recordings. That works well.
I prefer to use my smartphone, mount it ontop of my Piano using a overhead microphone arm thats coupled to a smartphone holder.

Cheers.
Posted By: CosminX Re: ManyCam software for teaching - 12/25/20 12:42 PM
For that many cams, maybe something like the ATEM Mini would be an option (not cheap though)
Posted By: keystring Re: ManyCam software for teaching - 12/25/20 06:29 PM
klavier77 - are you asking as a teacher or a student?
Posted By: nicknameTaken Re: ManyCam software for teaching - 12/25/20 06:42 PM
I think it's just too much hassle, nonetheless.

Would just send over recordings...
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums