Piano World Home Page
Posted By: absent-minded professor those dreaded paper cuts... - 08/08/08 04:17 PM
How long do they take to heal? Can any cream or medication help them heal faster? I got one in my fingertip today (4th finger) and am abstaining from using the right hand for now, for fear of opening the wound up. Got a performance in 5 days though!
Posted By: Cheeto717 Re: those dreaded paper cuts... - 08/08/08 04:23 PM
my friend uses super glue for emergency cuts like that....works nicely.
Posted By: Cherub Rocker Re: those dreaded paper cuts... - 08/08/08 04:44 PM
Wear a band-aid
Posted By: greyceol Re: those dreaded paper cuts... - 08/08/08 06:15 PM
there is some paint-on bandage stuff, but I can't think of the name right now. You might try it, I'm sure they have it at wal-mart or someplace like that.
Posted By: Euphonatrix Re: those dreaded paper cuts... - 08/09/08 12:06 AM
pull the edges of the wound together tightly with a band-aid.
I decided to go with a (surgical)rubber glove. I've always found band aids constrictive as they are too bulky. Rubber Glove is kinda slippery though, can't compare to the human skin.
Posted By: wr Re: those dreaded paper cuts... - 08/10/08 05:48 AM
Originally posted by absent-minded professor:
How long do they take to heal? Can any cream or medication help them heal faster?
Essential oil of lavender speeds up healing of cuts and burns noticeably (it is almost like magic for healing burns, and practically eliminates the pain, after a minor bit of initial stinging). Just a drop of it three or four times a day is enough. It also will help make a bruise go away faster, and used together with Tiger Balm, is very effective for muscle spasms. I always keep some on hand. You can find it a health food stores and some other places like Whole Foods.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums