Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Leon T Question about the top voice of the Bass Clef - 06/20/20 06:34 PM
[Linked Image]

Time signature is 4/4. Not sure what's going on with the first beat (top voice of the bottom staff). Any thoughts?
It looks like the D+G are played on the first beat but the G is held through the second beat. The C starts on the second beat and continues through the 3rd beat.
All is good. Think of the half note C as a quarter note. But it’s half because you hold it together with the E that follows. How do you know? Because there’s a half note rest above the first note D which determines there are three voices and the top one starts with that E.
Duhhhhhhh! I gotta get my annual vision exam soon. I can't believe I didn't see that rest above the D! Thank you so much!
Originally Posted by Leon T
Duhhhhhhh! I gotta get my annual vision exam soon. I can't believe I didn't see that rest above the D! Thank you so much!
I recently asked for help on something and missed the key signature so don't feel bad!
Originally Posted by gooddog
Originally Posted by Leon T
I recently asked for help on something and missed the key signature so don't feel bad!

When I sightread, I do some strange things. Sometimes you get really funny harmonies if you miss the clef change... . Back to school I go!
The printer crammed too much into too small a space.
Originally Posted by BDB
The printer crammed too much into too small a space.

Yeah, they kind of did that for the entire piece. I guess they didn't want to go to page 8.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums