Piano World Home Page
Between June 1st and 5th the 11th Boston International Piano Competition will take place at the Longy School of Music in Cambridge Massachusetts. We are now receiving applications until early April and have a number of vacancies. We are accepting contestants on a first come first serve basis, with a limit of 45 contestants.

Our competition has two "streams", Gold and Silver. The Gold stream has 3 rounds In the standard competition format, requiring a total of up to one hour's repertoire. The Silver stream is designed for those who only want to prepare 30 minutes repertoire. The Steinway D piano is wonderful and the auditorium has excellent acoustics.

This competition is for people who are 30 years and older, who have a passion for playing the piano, but have other professions. They do no derive their principal source of income from piano performance or teaching.

Cash prizes will be awarded and the winner of the Gold Stream will be invited to give a recital in Boston. We will have a jury of 5 distinguished concert pianists and teachers. There will be masterclasses, receptions and social events. The competition will be livestreamed.

Details of our competition including rules and regulations and application procedure are on our webpage www.bostonpianoamateurs.org and I will be glad to answer any inquiries about it, either via email or phone (508 393 6740, 508 612 4965 cell). I hope you will consider applying and I am sure you will have a wonderful time socially and musically. With best wishes, Robert Finley, Competition Director.
Details on the Boston Competition; live stream is up and running on Vimeo. Times are Eastern time, US. I know there's serious conflict with the Cliburn; choose your priorities, support your piano friends, and toggle back and forth. Both should be available in replays.

Thursday, June 2 at 12pm (Day 1) Boston 2022 June 2

Friday, June 3 at 12pm (Day 2) Boston 2022 June 3

Saturday, June 4:
-10 am Piano Festival Boston 2022 Festival June 4
1:15pm Semi-finals Boston 2022 Semi-Finals June 4

Sunday, June 5:
9am Marathon Concert Boston 2022 Marathon Concert June 5
1:30pm Finals Boston 2022 Finals June 5

PDF of who's who, who's playing when (starts on page 5), jury and competitor bios: Boston 2022 Program

Enjoy!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums