Piano World Home Page
Posted By: brdwyguy Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 10:14 AM
Does anyone know of a sight that lists ALL the different Models for specific Grand Pianos.

Larry Fine has done it for Steinway in his book & website.

I am specifically looking for BALDWIN'S listing of all their different Models

Would like to know when years of the Alphabet Letter Models were made?

I have begun researching Baldwin Model 'L'?

any assistance would be great

thanks
brdwyguy
Posted By: CharlesXX Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 10:39 AM
pianopricepoint.com let's you search for pianos by brand with the added bonus of including MSRP prices in US$.

https://pianopricepoint.com/
Posted By: brdwyguy Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 10:47 AM
Yes - thank you so much - that is wonderful sight
but it only lists 'MODELS' currently or recently made

IE: Baldwin made 'R' 'L' etc etc - i'm looking for a place that lists the history of Piano Brands and all their models.

thanks tho
Posted By: dogperson Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 11:08 AM
You might ask any specific questions about a brand and models in the tech forum. I don’t think you will get a list of all brands, but if you have question about one brand snd a handful of its models, someone will know.
Posted By: pianoloverus Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by CharlesXX
pianopricepoint.com let's you search for pianos by brand with the added bonus of including MSRP prices in US$.

https://pianopricepoint.com/
MSRP is not useful in terms of deciding what a reasonable purchase price for a piano is. You should use Fine's Piano Buyer and read the discussion about MSRP and SMP to understand the uselessness of MSRP.
Posted By: Rich Galassini Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 02:52 PM
I do not know of a comprehensive place where all models of all manufacturers are listed, brdwyguy. The L and the R can be very nice pianos, though.
Posted By: Emery Wang Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 05:17 PM
Does Pierce's Piano Atlas contain this info?
Posted By: BDB Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 05:27 PM
We were just discussing this in the Technician's forum, discussing the differences between the E and R. There was a fire in the Baldwin factory which probably destroyed a lot of the records. I know that when I wrote to them to get hammers for a fancy case Hamilton labeled Acrosonic that was made in the early 1950s, they had no idea that such a thing existed.
Posted By: David-G Re: Listing of Grand Piano Models - 04/06/21 06:54 PM
I have tried to make a study of Bluthner models throughout their history by recording photos of instruments for sale with known serial number. This is extraordinarily interesting and highly rewarding, but very time consuming!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums