Piano World Home Page
I am moving in about 2 months or so and so I'm planning the piano part of the move. I thought it best that I didn't try and move it myself so I started investigating piano movers. So far my best choice (Walter Piano Transport) said that they couldn't move a piano from West Virginia.

The only other mover that I could even locate was Pro Piano Movers and two calls and two web submission forms later I haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know of reputable movers who would move a piano from West Virginia?
Funny you mention no responses. A few weeks ago I contacted two piano moving companies in my area, and also never heard back from either! I wonder if they just have too much work, or if they’re dying out. Or what...?
They moved my grand piano from Seattle WA to Tucson AZ last year. They kept the piano in storage at their place in MO until the destination site was ready. Everything went well and I recommend them.

https://www.modernpiano.com/
So far Modern Piano Movers are the only ones that will move from WV (I haven't called them, I just submitted the web form and they say that they do all 50 states.

It was very expensive considering the cost of my piano but I guess that's the price I pay for having end-to-end service, and climate controlled trucks and such.

Oh well...if anyone has info on any more movers that are reputable, please chime in.
Originally Posted by tedrp
They moved my grand piano from Seattle WA to Tucson AZ last year. They kept the piano in storage at their place in MO until the destination site was ready. Everything went well and I recommend them.

https://www.modernpiano.com/


Looks like they are my choice then. I'll give them a call.
You might try calling piano movers in the DC/Baltimore area. Depending on how far in WV you are from them, they might come out to you.

D & E in Baltimore are good. I also see there is Congressional movers in DC.
Originally Posted by violarules
You might try calling piano movers in the DC/Baltimore area. Depending on how far in WV you are from them, they might come out to you.

D & E in Baltimore are good. I also see there is Congressional movers in DC.

Thanks, I'll take a look at them.
I've decided to go with Modern Piano, their quote was reasonable and they seem to be very reputable. Thanks for the help.
PianoWVBob, is it a grand or an upright?
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
PianoWVBob, is it a grand or an upright?

It's an upright; a Weber W121 48"
I was going to say that if it's an upright, you might just go with a regular mover. That's I did with my upright, if it's a reputable moving company it should be fine. But I see that you've already set up a mover, so in that case never mind. smile

How far are you moving?
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
I was going to say that if it's an upright, you might just go with a regular mover. That's I did with my upright, if it's a reputable moving company it should be fine. But I see that you've already set up a mover, so in that case never mind. smile

How far are you moving?

West Virginia to Florida about 900 miles.
Quote
Does anyone know what reputable piano movers service WV?

confusedI know some movers who are good at moving pianos, just like I know lawyers who are good in most cases. Reputable is a highly objective territory.
Good grief, the OP did not mention originally that the move was a cross-country move. He only gave the impression that it was a local WV move.

Movers that service a regional area vs. cross-country movers; that an important distinction.
Originally Posted by violarules
Good grief, the OP did not mention originally that the move was a cross-country move. He only gave the impression that it was a local WV move.

Movers that service a regional area vs. cross-country movers; that an important distinction.


I got the distinct impression when the OP wrote (twice) that a piano mover wouldn't move a piano "from West Virginia" that it was indeed an inter-state move, although I wondered, as did others until it was clarified, where the piano was to go to.

Regards,
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums