2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
95 members (benQF, Adypiano, anotherscott, 36251, ambrozy, Bob Husband, Animisha, 17 invisible), 825 guests, and 649 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Ariel Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
A
Too bad I didn't break a fifth appliance. The dishwasher IS a bit seedy...

If this is coffee, bring me tea. If this is tea, bring me coffee.
~Abraham Lincoln~
Piano & Music Accessories
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
confused confused confused

Ariel, there are too many threads to keep straight!

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. - Beverly Sills
A
Ariel Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
A
Yes, I know. frown But I need all these things at onece, and knew I needed to separate the topics somehow. This BTW was just a double post of the mower.

I seem to have lost my notes on the washer and dryer. cursing cursing cursing I'll bet if I knew how to use "note-pad" I could retrieve them somewhere. That was the most complicated one - about cycles and all.

Haha, and I was going to revisit your mattress post. That's all I need to completely tangle this plethora of dull threads...

Anyhow (hoping you - Plays - read this) Do those moldable mattresses have heat build up? I read that somewhere (probably a jealous competitor). And also, I'm sure they don't recommend it, but do you personally think it would work with only ONE foam mattress?

I have an antique four poster which doesn't have the height to put mattress and boxsprings - or two foam ones (as if I could even afford one!. ha ...But my back is KILLING me).

~Abraham Lincoln~
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Ariel:
Do those moldable mattresses have heat build up?
Yes, somewhat. The way we counter it is we only sleep with sheets in the summer and sheets and a thin blanket in winter. It's actually quite nice not to have to sleep under heavy covers. (anyone want to buy a Hudson Bay point blanket??) I really have slept better in the last year than I have in decades.

And also, I'm sure they don't recommend it, but do you personally think it would work with only ONE foam mattress?
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you wanting to just lay a mattress on your bed frame, or do you want to put it on top of an existing foundation? We bought the whole set -- mattress and foundation -- for our bed. I suppose you could just buy the mattress, which is what my mother did. If I recall, you can try one for 90 days at no risk. That's what mom did. I guess they can offer that because they know what a superior product they have and probably very few people return it dissatisfied.

(as if I could even afford one!. ha ..But my back is KILLING me).
We balked at the price too. Trust me, it's worth every cent (should probably be on that Forbes list!). The rationale that finally convinced us to buy it is that you will likely spend more time in your bed than anywhere else --1/3 of your life. Don't you deserve to spend that much time somewhere that doesn't HURT?

A
Ariel Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
A
True true, and better than back surgery and disability which is whrre it's headed with me ...(But also bankruptcy eek )

What I'm trying to describe is an antigue bed which does not have available height to put a foundation. We just have a specially cut bedboard on it. In other words, two c. 8" oblong objects would raiase you to where the back board is covered. You know those old colonial beds with the turned posts? (I love it, but...this mattress)

We also have two more antique beds with the same problem (ouch)- one even has to have a specially sized mattresses made for it. Think I'll sell that one.

Shame about the heat as I have a beautiful goosedown duvet and several really pretty covers for it. Not to mention numerous electric blankets and other nice blacnkets (like Hudson). Sometimes when you get cold you overbuy.

The squirrels have trampled down my house insulation pretty badly - thread a month or two ago, if you saw it No one had a solution (but LOTS of jokes!) :rolleyes: My house gets cold sometimes! Unless I want to underwrite the arabs and use ...Well, a LOT of oil.

Thanks, Plays. Appreciate all your advice. 3hearts

Ariel

~Abraham Lincoln~
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Ariel:
True true, and better than back surgery and disability which is whrre it's headed with me ...(But also bankruptcy eek )
Last summer I had meningitis. I spent two weeks in bed, asleep almost the whole time. I cannot imagine how miserable I would have been if I'd spent that recovery time on my old bedding. Because my head hurt so badly, even a slight elevation was excrutiating. I was able to rest comfortably without a pillow because of the way this mattress molds to your form. I just can't sing it's praises loud enough.

What I'm trying to describe is an antigue bed which does not have available height to put a foundation. We just have a specially cut bedboard on it. In other words, two c. 8" oblong objects would raiase you to where the back board is covered. You know those old colonial beds with the turned posts? (I love it, but...this mattress)

I have an antique brass bed like that. If you have a bedboard that is sturdy, then the mattress alone should be fine. It's really heavy (the bedding) but fortunately never needs to be turned. (I also own a four poster bed like you describe that requires custom size bedding, so it isn't being used -- I'd sell it except it belonged to my grandparents)

Shame about the heat as I have a beautiful goosedown duvet and several really pretty covers for it. Not to mention numerous electric blankets and other nice blacnkets (like Hudson). Sometimes when you get cold you overbuy.

Don't misunderstand me -- there were a few nights this past winter that required heavier blankets. You're further north than I, so don't rule those nice things out. Your duvet sounds divine!

Thanks, Plays. Appreciate all your advice. 3hearts
Ariel

You're very welcome and good luck to you replacing all the things you need. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Selling Hammond D100 (think B3) Organ & Leslie HL722!
---------------------
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yundi Li arrested
by Sidokar - 10/26/21 05:36 AM
A thought experiment
by cygnusdei - 10/26/21 03:58 AM
Modern U where is the sample folder located?
by MooganDavid - 10/25/21 11:33 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,749
Posts3,142,129
Members103,118
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission