2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
83 members (anotherscott, Boboulus, camperbc, 36251, brennbaer, brdwyguy, Briguy65, 16 invisible), 1,620 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JBryan Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
I await the heartfelt defense of this nonsense by our brethren (and sistren) on the left:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109218/

I know it is coming.

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
Piano & Music Accessories
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Oh, I'm sorry, did you read something there that wasn't already obvious?

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

I say forget introspection.
I should have stopped reading the article at that point.
A little bit of venting/complaining/whining will be natural after this type of loss, but the quicker they move towards looking inward at their mistakes, the sooner they can rebuild the Democratic party.

JBryan Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by RonTuner:
Oh, I'm sorry, did you read something there that wasn't already obvious?
There is one. Any more care to step up to the plate?

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
The election results reflect the decision of the right wing to cultivate and exploit ignorance in the citizenry.
Translation:

"Stoopid, stoopid. Everybody is stoopid but me! I'm smart, everybody else is stoopid!"

Ms. Smiley does seem to reflect well the general Liberal opinion of the nation that one finds on various political threads here in the Coffee Room. smile

K
K
Just bizarre.

Sometimes you have to wonder if Democrats prefer being self-righteous martyrs to winning a presidential elcction.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I noticed a funny thing the day after the election, related to the midset in that article.

I park in a small parking lot of maybe forty or firty cars, across the street from my office building. In the runup to election day, probably 2/3 of the cars in that lot had political bumper stickers on them. This is an "emerging neighborhood" with lots of old brick loft-style buildings and reasonable lease rates. Both factors have made the area home to quite a few architects, designers, performing arts organizations, etc. - you know, a high percentage of what some folks might stereotype as the "liberal arts & croissant crowd." This led to a lot of Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers in the parking lot.

I absolutely hate bumper stickers, regardless of who or what they support or bash. I think they're rude intrusions of a person's opinion into my personal space. If I want someone's opinion on an issue, I'll ask them. Otherwise, I don't really care about their opinions about a political candidate, veganism, naked pagan partying, gun ownership, Leonard Peltier or Mummia.

Still, I was getting a bit tired of the bumper stickers in my parking lot - not the merely pro-Kerry stickers, but the really mean-spirited, antagonistic, hate-filled anti-Bush ones. So I finally gave in, and put a simple "W" oval on my rear window. My VP did the same, and soon there were several other Bush bumper stickers in the lot. Note that there wasn't a single snide, mean-spirited anti-Kerry sticker in the entire lot.

Here's the weird part. The very morning after election day, I came into work and parked in the lot. Every single anti-Bush bumper sticker, except one, had already been removed from all of those cars. I couldn't imagine that. What, were they out in their garages at two in the morning, scraping them off? I mean, I'm taking mine off soon, after I buy a scraper on my next trip to the store, but really - was this all that pressing a thing to these people?

There was, however, one new bumper sticker in the lot that morning. On one of the vehicles that had several anti-Bush stickers, all but one had been removed. But now, in the rear window, was a simple black and white sticker that simply said, in bold letters: Stupid Americans.

That's the biggest problem with the current position the left wing finds itself in, regardless of this particular election. I believe that this is in fact, the majority opinion of the left wing, that we're all just stupid. We're too feeble minded to realize the Truth, or at least to be led by those Superiors who can see the Truth for us.

That article spews the exact same position. And I've seen it expressed too many places, including here in the CR, for it to be a fluke.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I assume Bernard will consider this also to be a form of self-hatred.

So live your life and live it well.
There's not much left of me to tell.
I just got back up each time I fell.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I saw a bumper sticker based on the WWJD...What would Jesus do?

It was WWND "What would Nixon do? with his picture on it. Kind of funny

Estonia L190 #7004
Casio CDP S350
J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
Sometimes I wonder if these people have been brainwashed.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
it was interesting in KC...

we definitely have a liberal core of citizens that live in the cultivated older neighborhoods, close to the university and galleries.. I saw a trillion Kerry signs... People were very vocally supportive. Or newspaper of course, endorsed Kerry as it has all the left candidates over the years.

same with my neighborhood.

Come to find out the whole area voted overwhelmingly for Bush - 75% almost.

Sometimes I wonder if they've been brainwashed too. I heard the most unusual reasons for voting for Kerry.

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Of course there is brainwashing involved. It's called the public school system.

courtesy of the gov funded NEA

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I couldn't believe the things I heard on Wednesday from normally rational adults. I can understand being disappointed, but what I heard was very revealing of deep seated attitudes and beliefs. That was what set me off on Jodi's thread.

Let's see, I heard the "Gospel according to Moore" repeated to me from people who were shaking in fear over what was now going to happen to our country.

I heard about conservative christian block with their "haughty self-righteous attitude". Apparently they are an evil force heck bent on destroying the world, none of them are incapable thinking in shades of grey, that they are told how to think, and they would go to heck if they didn't vote a certain way. Interestingly, I also heard this said by the highest ranking Democratic party member later in the day.

I was told that conservative christians' only issue was abortion, but I received no answer when I turned the question back.

I asked this same person what they had done to try to educate conservatives to their point of view and I was told that it was pointless and not worth the effort.

I was told that democrats are more flexible, understanding, and accepting than republicans, which I agreed was generally true of all groups except conservative christians. Imagine a group that prides itself on acceptance and social justice rejecting tens of millions of people based on their beliefs? It defies logic.

On the other hand, if you take a bit of a longer view, it isn't hard to see how conservatives did more than their fair share to ignite this war. I think back to Gingrich and his ilk,
Starr going after Clinton so rabidly, Fallwell, Robertson, etc. Gosh, then you take an even longer view and you can see things that the democrats did to enrage the conservatives.

Was this party war in streets 10 years ago like it is today? I still think that talk show hosts, politicians, party leaders, and religious leaders are setting an example with their attitudes and language that is causing every day people to lash out at each other. Interestingly, it does seem to be having the effect of pulling mainstream people from the democratic party over to the republican party. And I don't see it stopping until the democrats stop disgarding conservatives as being stupid, senseless, and heartless.

Heck, and all this time I thought Janet Reno started the Clinton and Arkansas investigation.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I heard on the radio this morning coming into work that the Canadian Immigration Office website was being flooded by Americans looking to get into Canada.

I managed to live through 4 years of Carter and 8 years of Clinton not to mention the 40 years it has taken to recover from LBJ's *Great Society*.

Geez, you'd think the damn sky was falling Chicken Little. Get a grip.

(Ok, the one little repub secret that IS true - we do eat liberal young eek )

Yeah, I mentioned it in the "If Canada were our friend..." thread. Last message.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news...;dt=20041105142200&w=RTR&coview=

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Dwain Lee:
But now, in the rear window, was a simple black and white sticker that simply said, in bold letters: Stupid Americans.

That's the biggest problem with the current position the left wing finds itself in, regardless of this particular election. I believe that this is in fact, the majority opinion of the left wing, that we're all just stupid. We're too feeble minded to realize the Truth, or at least to be led by those Superiors who can see the Truth for us.

That article spews the exact same position. And I've seen it expressed too many places, including here in the CR, for it to be a fluke.
Dwain,

Of all the profound things you have written (and there has been plenty) none have been more on the money than this. Their blind loyalty, hatred, and total lack of respect for anyone who does not share their view is down right offensive. Not that they care because after all they are so morally superior to us stupid, freedom hating, nazi supporters.

That article could have been written by a few of liberal elite (pardon the redundancy) who frequent this place. smokin

There are few joys in life greater than the absence of pain.
Y
Y
Liberals:
-Support among urban centres.
-Support of 80% of the world.
-Derogatory term used by Conservatives: Elites.
-Stereotypes: Croissant-eating sophisticate. Lack traditional "family values" i.e. sexism.

Conservatives:
-Support among rural counties.
-Derogatory term used by Liberals: Red-necks.
-Stereotypes: trigger-happy gun-totters; KKK; religious fundamentalists.

Waaa, I'm crying. Please don't burden your children with your conservative teaching; imagine the shame you would feel when your bigoted children is rejected from the tragically liberal universities.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Bush: 'Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?'

yhabpo: 'your bigoted children is rejected'

Clearly not.

Every time you play a funeral march, the devil grabs a soul.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
Selling my Hammond & Leslie!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Notation Question (Pathetique Sonata 2nd Movement)
by DaveInMichigan - 10/24/21 03:18 PM
The Haunting at ParSem!
by Piano World - 10/24/21 02:27 PM
Historical pianos / Chris Maene
by Ppianissimo - 10/24/21 02:12 PM
What’s comes with a kawai grand?
by NightShade - 10/24/21 06:44 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,723
Posts3,141,758
Members103,102
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission