2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
92 members (ano1, brdwyguy, AlphaTerminus, accordeur, anotherscott, Animisha, 14 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 599 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by OnTheWeb:
Originally posted by rintincop:
[b] I bought the FP4 for $1015 plus $50 shipping. The FP7 was going for $1220 plus $50 for shipping.
Where are you being quoted those prices? That's almost $350 less than I've seen on actual street price of an FP7. You must have an amazing dealer [/b]
Google search turns up $1300 at the lower end. Maybe that particular FP4 piano "fell of the truck" wink ...

M
M
Hi Hardway! So glad you are rocking with your new toy and got a great price! Thanks much for the price info, really appreciate.

Have a couple Guitar Centers and Willises here in the Dayton, Cincy area. They always go by Sweetwater.com for price comparison, the FP4 is $1,495.97 and 7 is $1,795.97 w/legs. None of the Guitar Centers have either but the Dayton Willis has the display 4 and offered it to me for $1,295., the same as the Yamaha P140. Think he would do better but I am interested in the 7 now.

I still haven't gotten to the Florence, KY Willis to see the 7 but hope to soon. Then I can do a little bargaining! Thanks for the extra leverage.

Had thought of going through the net but would rather get it locally so they can check it out and they offer 3 years warranty instead of standard 2. Always good to have from a local dealer in case something goes wrong!

Will definitely have to ask you for Rintincop’s secret for the Rhodes growl or was it earlier in the thread? His April 10th message was blocked.

Thanks again to all for being so helpful, totally appreciate since I am still a newbie and really don’t know how to compare one to the other.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot

1919 Weber Duo-Art upright, Roland RD-700GX,
1918 Chickering Ampico 5'8", 1923 Steinway Duo-Art 6'4"

[Linked Image]
M
M
P.S. I too would like to know where Rintincop got such a good price. Was it a reconditioned, open-box model?

[Linked Image]
S
S
By browsing online for good prices, you will usually only find the MAP (minimum advertised price). Call the guys at http://www.bpmmusic.com; it should be several hundred lower than advertised elsewhere, and close to what rintintop said (especially when considering that you get free shipping and no sales tax).

Originally posted by Scapstick:
By browsing online for good prices, you will usually only find the MAP (minimum advertised price). Call the guys at http://www.bpmmusic.com; it should be several hundred lower than advertised elsewhere, and close to what rintintop said (especially when considering that you get free shipping and no sales tax).
That link doesn't work for me.

I came into this world with nothing, and I still have most of it left.
Now it works!

BPMmusic.com

I'm very sceptical to the price policy though. Maybe this works in USA, doubt it would be good elsewere. Manufactures have very limited control over pricing in Sweden. It is regulated by law.

Best regards,

Richard

I got my FP-7 from the same place as rintincop's FP-4. Definitely not "off the back of the truck" and super friendly service to boot. smile

And have to say that I am not only loving my stand (Quiklok 550), but LOVING the FP-7. Played through headphones, external or internal speakers, it sounds great and feels shockingly close to an acoustic.

I wish I knew how ordering things worked for all of you outside the U.S., but definitely think Roland makes some great keyboards!

I am glad I came across this site and thread recently. One cold snowy evening around the end of January or first of February, I visited a local music store to look at their DPs. No one was available to help me, so I went down through the row of DPs, and turned every one on. Then I went through and played each piano. The one that sounded the most like the accoustic piano was this FP-7. I had not heard of it until that evening. A few nights ago, we stopped in again to play the FP-7 but they had just sold the last one. frown

While not a professional like many of you, I have played for many years until about 12 years ago - have not had access to a piano since then. Since we live in an apartment the DPs seems to be the best choice over a the heavier, larger acoustic piano. Until I heard the FP-7, I didn't enjoy the sound of the keyboard because the "piano" sound was not close to duplicating that of a piano. Now, when the money comes in, I will purchase a Roland FP-7 digital piano!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the club, you have good ears.
Most folks have been brainwashed into thinking Yamaha is best. Others have admitadely fallen in love with Kawai. My opinion is that Roland FP4/FP7/RD-700SX is the least terrible of all the DPs and I have owned quite a few as you can see in my SOLD list below. I became very sick of those inferior models. And I am not in love with Roland FP4/FP7/RD-700SX and am ready to cast it aside the minute a better tool comes on the market.

Technical Editor of Mark Levine's The Jazz Theory Book and helped develop The Jazz Piano Book. Studied with: Mark Levine & Mark Isham (1981-1990); Barry Harris (1993-2000)
Hey, Rintincop...

Question for you, since you know the RD-700SX and other models so well. I'm still having a problem that I mentioned somewhere here a month or so ago... a sort of scratchiness in otherwise clean piano tones. I have bypassed the mixer and even upgraded from KRK RP5 monitors to RP8, and it's still there. Yet, oddly, I can't hear it in the headphones (AKG 271-S), though they are "thinner" anyway. In desperation, I even swapped cables and confirmed that I'm not having ground-loop problems. The real kicker is that a sinewave sweep from the Mac through the same system sounds perfect... yet the Steinway sample in GarageBand and even Ivory do the same thing via the FireWire interface.

So there is no single piece of hardware that is obviously implicated, unless this is endemic to KRK (which I really doubt, or I would have heard about it on various forums... and besides, they sound spectacular with MP3 sources). Am I just being excessively picky, or does this sound familiar? It's like a crackling that accompanies some combinations of high and low notes, usually in the middle of a chord. In a way I'm glad the Mac voices do it too (so it's not my shiny new Roland), but I really do want to find and fix the problem. This occurs even at rather quiet gain levels, and with any combination of Roland, Mackie, and KRK level settings.

Thanks for any thoughts....
Steve

Aboard Datawake in the San Juan Islands
(with boat piano)
Nomadic Research Labs
... I am not in love with Roland FP4/FP7/RD-700SX and am ready to cast it aside the minute a better tool comes on the market.
Kawai MP5 ? whome

[Linked Image]

or

GEM rp-x ? whome

[Linked Image]

Peace

F
F
Welcome to the club, you have good ears.
Most folks have been brainwashed into thinking Yamaha is best. Others have admitadely fallen in love with Kawai. My opinion is that Roland FP4/FP7/RD-700SX is the least terrible of all the DPs and I have owned quite a few as you can see in my SOLD list below. I became very sick of those inferior models. And I am not in love with Roland FP4/FP7/RD-700SX and am ready to cast it aside the minute a better tool comes on the market.
Hey, rin, glad you like your fp4 (or think it's the 'least terrible'). But how about a little "live and let live?". If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, and happens to like a Yamaha model, they've been "brainwashed"?. Come on, man, lighten up a little. You're bigger than that, aren't you? I respect your right to your own opinion. Kindly show me (and others) the same respect in return.

Richard Whitehouse
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
OK, let's just say they have been drinking the Kool Aid. smile

Technical Editor of Mark Levine's The Jazz Theory Book and helped develop The Jazz Piano Book. Studied with: Mark Levine & Mark Isham (1981-1990); Barry Harris (1993-2000)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

F
F
Oh, yeah!!!

Richard Whitehouse
A
A
So, rintincop and MontanaJustice, just where DID you purchase your Rolands for such great prices?

M
M
Hi everybody!

Know it has been several days since anyone added anything but wanted to post that there is a FP-4 up for auction on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200121021697&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Ends June 25th 8:02:02 PDT current bid: $399.99 I'm still holding out for a FP-7. Wish this was since it is practically in my backyard!

Best wishes to all! Linda

[Linked Image]
The item description says "Brand New" but the pictures look like the keyboard's out of the box and used. ... And would they really sell it for $400, seeing as there is no reserve? Sounds a bit shady to me.

Thanks for the heads up though... still waiting to see where rintincop bought his for just about $1,000 (if he ever responds to the question.)

Thanks for the heads up though... still waiting to see where rintincop bought his for just about $1,000 (if he ever responds to the question.)
I thought he said it came from BPMmusic Website

Someone just said they bought an fp7 there for a screaming deal in the price paid thread.

I came into this world with nothing, and I still have most of it left.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
Selling my Hammond & Leslie!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Korg D1 with iReal Pro
by Johnmak - 10/16/21 09:40 AM
Korg EC-310
by mandan - 10/16/21 08:35 AM
Shell voicings?
by Dantheboogieguy - 10/16/21 07:59 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,618
Posts3,140,093
Members103,016
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission