2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, 10 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32
I updated my 'console style' stand for my FP90X with a 3rd monitor below the keyboard. Its fed by the left channel line out. Goal was to make the player feel that the sound is more 'coming from the whole instrument' rather than from the monitors on top. It works :-) Quite a good improvement when playing.

[Linked Image]

For anyone interested in the project, since my original post I made several modifications:
- I made it larger so the top shelf is now 13 inches deep. This is now comfortably roomy for laptop, speakers, music stand, etc.
- I never use the internal speakers so made a lower shelf thats just above the top of the keyboard. This shelf is good for storage of music, ipad, and can fit slim audio equiptment
- Changed from high gloss 'piano black' paint to matte black. Works much better when in 'just give it a quick paint' mode. Gloss requires a lot more care and skill.
- Added 3rd speaker, below the keyboard. So the sound is more spread around the instrument.
- Raised the hight another inch to give me knee room for pedaling.

Here's the previous version:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MarkOfJohnson; 07/28/22 02:17 PM.

Adult beginner. Roland FP90X, DIY cabinet, Pianoteq & VSL CFX, etc.
H
H
Hello everyone,

Finally purchased an FP90X, received today.

Very happy with the feel of the keys, it reminds me of Kawai higher end actions..

My favorite sound so far is the Upright Piano, I guess maybe because it is the sampled one smile

I was wondering where is the Midi Grand to be found ? I saw it on this review at 5:11. Anyone has a clue ? Thanks !

FP90X, Kawai K-15
Past: pxs1000, CP88, CLP-645
That may mean the piano sound in the general midi bank of sounds? On FP90X go to 'Synth/Other' sounds, general midi starts from number 24 and goes to 274! 24 is the first midi piano. The sounds are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI_Level_2

I like the upright sample too :-) I sometime layer the upright sample with the modeled concert grand sound. Warning though, if you connect up to midi apps and you are using layered sounds, FP90X will send double notes through midi to you software, which can confuse it. (Eg Piano Marvel).

Also note that if you go into the Piano Designer you can change the modeled piano sounds quite a bit. Try the different soundboard settings.

H
H
Thankyou so much, I honestly did not notice all these sounds were hiding there, it opens up a lot of possibilities.

FP90X, Kawai K-15
H
H
I tried different soundboards, in Piano Designer, and different tunnings, for example when I press on European Tuning, but I do not hear any difference, anyone experience this, or maybe there is but it's too subtle ? Is there a significant difference?
also I do not get what is My Stage button for, as compared to the default Piano Concert ?

FP90X, Kawai K-15
H
H
Originally Posted by Hani
I tried different soundboards, in Piano Designer, and different tunnings, for example when I press on European Tuning, but I do not hear any difference, anyone experience this, or maybe there is but it's too subtle ? Is there a significant difference?
also I do not get what is My Stage button for, as compared to the default Piano Concert ?

My keyboard was disconnected, I can hear the differences now !

FP90X, Kawai K-15
P
Purdyd Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
My stage is a shortcut that selects one of the 8 pure acoustic pianos and an ambience.

I’d give yourself a few days to let your brain adjust and you might like the pure acoustic pianos more.

Note, when you use the piano designer libraries it sets the piano type to concert.

So for example if you have selected the stage bright piano at the keyboard and then select a library preset, that stage bright becomes a concert piano. And if you select save to keyboard, it will be set that way until you do a factory reset.

FP-90x, PX-330
H
H
Ok Thankyou !

FP90X, Kawai K-15
C
C
All the Rolands I played at the store seemed to have slow bounce. Is it hard to play the same note repeatedly fast on them? Is that problem only in cheaper DP no matter the brand?

P
Purdyd Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
Playing a key repeatedly you shouldn’t allow the key to bounce, you should play with different fingers and not allow they key to return all the way to the top.

Some of the keyboards, usually the better one, have three sensors to better support this technique

FP-90x, PX-330
H
H
This instrument is amazing, I think I have the
Europpean Tuning GP609 from Piano Designer, I don't even remember, but it sounds amazing, tweaked the touch to 44 and resonance (Ambiance) to 6, very easy to use features. Very powerful instrument. I feel that it is a real piano, not trying to resemble a piano, but an instrument with it's unique sound and touch, the details of the tone are really rich and agreable to the ear, and also the sound is great when recording video with iphone, I am always struggling to get a good sound with my acoustic piano, there is always a distorsion, even with a prof. microphone, here it sounds great, probably coz there are less vibrations or something.

FP90X, Kawai K-15
Dear owners, Is it possible and how to have drum beat background sound for our DP? E.g 4/4 beat background drum beat sound.

Subcribe my youtube channel for incoming LIVE piano with Vocal.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCfZgIIQ_P_iHfdHlQCF9tqA

God bless you and take care
P
Purdyd Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Jojovan
Dear owners, Is it possible and how to have drum beat background sound for our DP? E.g 4/4 beat background drum beat sound.

Yes but you have to use the Roland app.

This is new by the way and has replaced the piano every day app

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roland-piano-app/id1610462043

Last edited by Purdyd; 08/11/22 11:13 AM.

FP-90x, PX-330
Originally Posted by Purdyd

Thanks~

B
B
MarkOfJohnson:
Are those Genelec speakers? If so, which ones and do you like them? I'm thinking about purchasing two 8030s for my fp-90.

Last edited by Baltguy; 08/14/22 01:41 PM. Reason: added name of person I'm responding to

Roland fp90, Beyerdynamic dt880, Schiit Asgard III, Genelec 8020D, Pianoteq, Becker Brothers upright (1906).
B
Online Content
B
Originally Posted by Purdyd

Do you know what the difference between the two apps is?
In the Google Playstore both are available

J
J
And to add to this; do they add any sort of latency to your setup?
Originally Posted by Baltguy
MarkOfJohnson:
Are those Genelec speakers? If so, which ones and do you like them? I'm thinking about purchasing two 8030s for my fp-90.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Baltguy
Are those Genelec speakers?

Yes, those are Genelec speakers. I originally brought up the idea for these speakers here. MarkOfJohnson has an 8020.

Read more here:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3122234.html

I use three Genelec 8020d speakers in my current setup. Left & right on the top of the piano and the third is below the keyboard in the middle, like pointing at my legs. Currently I have this third speaker fed by the left channel. Balance wise the third speaker is set louder than the top speakers, and the top right speaker is maybe a bit louder than the left to compensate. The 8020s have a gain adjustment on the back that has enough adjustment range to balance the sound nicely.

A more complex setup could be in my future - adding a third audio out from the laptop and feeding the third speaker a different mix from the vst, but I don’t think it’s worth it. With 2 speaker you hear the sound as coming from the speakers. Adding the third so sound comes from below the keyboard makes the direction of the sound be from the instrument as a whole, rather than from the speakers. It’s very satisfying. Btw, probably no need to match the third speaker to the first two, I just did so as I came across a used 8020.

I’m thinking about another project where I rebuild my DP console with a built in speaker as part of the cabinet below the keyboard.

Hi all, I have a rodecaster pro II (RP2) connected to a pair of KRK rokit 5 G4.

I am thinking of connecting it to my RP2 so my 90x. Is it possible with computer USB port (I don't have the cable)?

Will sound be much improved by doing so?

Thanks for any input / sharing. 🙏

Page 17 of 32 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission