2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
76 members (ada d., Alex Hutor, brennbaer, astrotoy, Animisha, Carey, 0day, brdwyguy, accordeur, 14 invisible), 1,052 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
OP Offline
P
After announcement of some new DPs, I have seen a particular PW member trying to set a negative tone about these updated DPs, and this in various threads.

I would like this particular member to explain his behavior, because it is not the first time he is doing this.
Additionally he does not add some arguments only speaks from his particular place (avoiding to see that the world is not that little), and not in a constructive way.

This behavior has made me wondering why he is doing this. Having some time to loose, I made a research about all his posts, and I was surprised to see he posted a lot, only about technology issues and not about piano playing (99% about technologie saying what should engineers do etc..). He is assuming he has an expertise as piano player, and the people should follow him but he has never disclosed a video of his art. And this, not because he is shy, since he likes to expose himself on the thread about how right his views on technology are.

I would like to tell him that if we assume that his view has really an impact on the sale of the DP. The company he is bashing will have less sale. In that case, this company will loose money. If this happen, the company will have less money to invest in R&D etc. And thus doing the modification he is wanting to see. So assuming this hypothesis, you are resting possibilities to see the changes you are wanting.
If your comment do not have impact on the sale of these DP, why the heck are you acting like this? And more for DPs that are not of your interests (since that for you, you have the best of the best).

Well Pete14 answer me.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by playplayplay
After announcement of some new DPs, I have seen a particular PW member trying to set a negative tone about these updated DPs, and this in various threads.

I would like this particular member to explain his behavior, because it is not the first time he is doing this.
Additionally he does not add some arguments only speaks from his particular place (avoiding to see that the world is not that little), and not in a constructive way.

This behavior has made me wondering why he is doing this. Having some time to loose, I made a research about all his posts, and I was surprised to see he posted a lot, only about technology issues and not about piano playing (99% about technologie saying what should engineers do etc..). He is assuming he has an expertise as piano player, and the people should follow him but he has never disclosed a video of his art. And this, not because he is shy, since he likes to expose himself on the thread about how right his views on technology are.

I would like to tell him that if we assume that his view has really an impact on the sale of the DP. The company he is bashing will have less sale. In that case, this company will loose money. If this happen, the company will have less money to invest in R&D etc. And thus doing the modification he is wanting to see. So assuming this hypothesis, you are resting possibilities to see the changes you are wanting.
If your comment do not have impact on the sale of these DP, why the heck are you acting like this? And more for DPs that are not of your interests (since that for you, you have the best of the best).

Well Pete14 answer me.

This is perhaps just baiting more of the same level of discussion.

For me, I am interested in from new releases: upgrade facts:
What's changed/improved.
Next stop ---if I'm interested enough---is to test some instruments in the store.

Buyer expectations are always subjective (mine too), and there are always people who want X manufacturer to do more.
I would like Yamaha to make lighter folded actions.
Broadly, for certain model upgrades, I would like certain improvements. Many of us have our pet desires in that regard.

I'm not expecting my suggestions to translate into actual improvements however.
Sometimes, it seems that there is an attitude of expectation expressed which comes across (whether certain members intend it) as the opposite of gratitude.

I would just like to express:
I am actually hugely greatful that Kawai invented my instrument the MP7/MP7SE: I am very pleased with my purchase!
Although improvements would be nice for the next model, I think they did a wonderful job.
Moreover...
Manfacturers in general (Kawai, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Dexibel, Kurzweil, Nord, Crumar, Viscount etc) have made some fantastic instruments in the last decade----real improvements have been made.

Some users point to VST's and what should be possible in manufactured DP's.
Not too many of us understand the business of making DPs from R&D, engineering POV and from the POV of making a profit doing it.

What's difficult to watch is music stores closing year on year, with music becoming less and less lucrative a career.
I'm just hoping all the DP manufacturers mange to survive this period and grow their businesses.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
C
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
C
Keep calm,
ignore Pete14
and carry on.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P

Well Pete14 answer me.

Interesting, how I am constantly followed and attacked by “a few members,” especially PPP, yet when I respond accordingly, I am the one who gets suspended/banned.

So yes, I have to hold back from responding in the way I should/want to this thread (created exclusively to attack/call me out), so here’s a tamed-down version:

It is obvious that you do not ‘get’ where I’m coming from, and what you perceived as negative/bashing of Kawai, James ‘got’ and responded in equal jest (read the post where he mentions me).

Do you know that the vast majority of members never post a video or anything like that; so are you saying they have no value or perhaps aren’t good at what they do?

P.S.

I am a Berklee/Conservatory alumni, and a “fiction” writer.

Yes, I’ve arranged/composed for big bands, I’ve had music played on the radio, and my ‘piano/practice’ repertoire is comprised of mostly classical and jazz.

I’ve transcribed and played music from Powell, to Evans, to Corea, etc…

On the classical side, I wake up to the Goldbergs every day (first thing in the morning), and after that I practice either more classical pieces from other composers (Beethoven, Chopin, etc), or I go straight to jazz transcription/performance, and wing it from there.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pete14
P.S.

Interesting: what have you written?

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Doug M.
P.S.

Short stories and a novel.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P.S.

I've never taken fiction writing --- only did technical stuff for medical journal articles --- often wonder what sort of planning is required for fiction novels and how people work out the intricacies.

P
OP Offline
P
Thank you for you reply.

At least you are saying more about yourself. That is a great point to start.
Why not having introduced you like this on your firsts comments on pianoworld.
It is clear, that giving your extensive piano experience, and the fact that since the beginning you only post on the digital subforum (close to 100%), you only consider "pianoworld" as a technological forum, and not a musical/piano forum. May be the others sub-forum are not worthy for you.

But you did not answer my question, which get more weight after knowing your disclosed background.
Why the heck a fiction writer and an experienced/accomplished pianist is loosing its time doing this?
(that is my psychological side taking over)
Is your fiction writer side heavier than your pianist side?

Last edited by playplayplay; 06/02/22 08:13 AM.
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
P.S.

what are those in the back ? looks like a huge stash of $1 amazon.com erotica ! pete14 super erotica author ?

Last edited by KawaFanboi; 06/02/22 08:21 AM.
P
OP Offline
P
I think we should behave on the commentaries. It is not a thread to bash but to understand

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I've never taken fiction writing --- only did technical stuff for medical journal articles --- often wonder what sort of planning is required for fiction novels and how people work out the intricacies.

Perhaps your ‘technical’ writing-training shows in your posts (yes, sometimes you can be very, how shall I say, precise). grin

Now, you are asking me a generic question to something very personal: ‘what sort of planning…..intricacies’, etc…

Sure, certain aspects of writing can be ‘taught,’ “no spaces between paragraphs, outlines, spacing, write about what you know,” etc… but unlike my musical background, I did not go to ‘writing school’, yet at some point I realized that my vibrant imagination led me to worlds unknown (unlike the norm, I write about what I don’t know, so don’t expect a cliche story about a struggling pianist from me); I simply needed to further explore these unreal realities and write about them, that’s all.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by KawaFanboi
what are those in the back ? looks like a huge stash of $1 amazon.com erotica ! pete14 super erotica author ?
blush

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber

Well Pete14 answer me.

Interesting, how I am constantly followed and attacked by “a few members,” especially PPP, yet when I respond accordingly, I am the one who gets suspended/banned.

So yes, I have to hold back from responding in the way I should/want to this thread (created exclusively to attack/call me out), so here’s a tamed-down version:

It is obvious that you do not ‘get’ where I’m coming from, and what you perceived as negative/bashing of Kawai, James ‘got’ and responded in equal jest (read the post where he mentions me).

Do you know that the vast majority of members never post a video or anything like that; so are you saying they have no value or perhaps aren’t good at what they do?

P.S.

Yes, I’ve arranged/composed for big bands, I’ve had music played on the radio, and my ‘piano/practice’ repertoire is comprised of mostly classical and jazz.

I’ve transcribed and played music from Powell, to Evans, to Corea, etc…

On the classical side, I wake up to the Goldbergs every day (first thing in the morning), and after that I practice either more classical pieces from other composers (Beethoven, Chopin, etc), or I go straight to jazz transcription/performance, and wing it from there.

Hi Pete
I’m sorry we don’t see you participating in the Pianidt or the Non-Classical Pianist forums 😊
Why don’t you consider it?

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KawaFanboi
P.S.

I've never read any decent erotica yet. If Pete14 writes it, it'd be good. And not technical, I'd think.
I like to write fiction that nobody wants to read, and music (inc. Mozarts 23 k488 intro) that nobody wants to play. . . . . smile If one desires to re-kindle such interest, you have a challenge to seek out and vilify my books . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
This is perhaps just baiting more of the same level of discussion.

For me, I am interested in from new releases: upgrade facts:
What's changed/improved.
Next stop ---if I'm interested enough---is to test some instruments in the store.

Buyer expectations are always subjective (mine too), and there are always people who want X manufacturer to do more.
I would like Yamaha to make lighter folded actions.
Broadly, for certain model upgrades, I would like certain improvements. Many of us have our pet desires in that regard.

I'm not expecting my suggestions to translate into actual improvements however.
Sometimes, it seems that there is an attitude of expectation expressed which comes across (whether certain members intend it) as the opposite of gratitude.

I would just like to express:
I am actually hugely greatful that Kawai invented my instrument the MP7/MP7SE: I am very pleased with my purchase!
Although improvements would be nice for the next model, I think they did a wonderful job.
Moreover...
Manfacturers in general (Kawai, Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Dexibel, Kurzweil, Nord, Crumar, Viscount etc) have made some fantastic instruments in the last decade----real improvements have been made.

Some users point to VST's and what should be possible in manufactured DP's.
Not too many of us understand the business of making DPs from R&D, engineering POV and from the POV of making a profit doing it.

What's difficult to watch is music stores closing year on year, with music becoming less and less lucrative a career.
I'm just hoping all the DP manufacturers mange to survive this period and grow their businesses.

I like this post a lot. Really a lot.

Cheers and happy balanced attitudes,

HZ

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by dogperson
Hi Pete
I’m sorry we don’t see you participating in the Pianidt or the Non-Classical Pianist forums 😊

What is it, “Deconstructing Pete” day? grin

I do lurk occasionally, but I can humbly tell you that I have way more fun here, and that there is very little I can learn from there.

The pianist corner, for example, is mostly dominated by “The Romantics,” and my “technique doesn’t exist” will not play well over there.

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by dogperson
Hi Pete

What is it, “Deconstructing Pete” day? grin

I do lurk occasionally, but I can humbly tell you that I have way more fun here, and that there is very little I can learn from there.

The pianist corner, for example, is mostly dominated by “The Romantics,” and my “technique doesn’t exist” will not play well over there.

🤣

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
P
OP Offline
P
It is not "deconstructing Pete", I know all this woke things inside our politically correct society are frightening you. All this woke society will implode alone don't worry.
But it is not the case here. It is more understanding you.

I know you have an "humble attitude", you claim it often.
But I think more than you learning from the different piano forums, rather other members learning from you. Like your comments on the digital piano forum are showing.

Last edited by playplayplay; 06/02/22 08:58 AM.
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Is it just me, or is PPP simply fighting with himself?

Don’t you get it, PPP?

It seems like dogperson did, get it!

P
OP Offline
P
Maybe PPP means pianissimo, or maybe is it a way to emphasize the fact that I like to play. Who knows.
But I see you are reluctant to answer. Kind of blocking process, I hope for your "life quality" that you will be able not only to get it but also to process all this.

Last edited by playplayplay; 06/02/22 09:07 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Line outs recording vs USB recording
by PianoStartsAt33 - 08/10/22 09:33 AM
I'm playing in a special recital!
by Sam S - 08/10/22 09:25 AM
Great Piano Tutorial
by Bart K - 08/10/22 03:54 AM
Piano mindset
by pablobear - 08/10/22 01:37 AM
Boston UP-118S opinions
by skern49 - 08/09/22 11:13 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,326
Posts3,215,216
Members106,055
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission