2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Originally Posted by RiverwayInca35
Originally Posted by tirta
do you try playing yamaha sx pianos in Singapore?

Yes, the SX3 (which is all they had and none from the CF range were available).

I wasn't very impressed to be honest. From my point of view, most European-made pianos I've tried have more depth in the sound. Yamahas are clean and light but the overall sound is a tad thin and lacking in complexity.

All IMO, of course.

Hi, may I ask which shopping mall or branch you tried the SX3?

Subcribe my youtube channel for incoming LIVE piano with Vocal.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCfZgIIQ_P_iHfdHlQCF9tqA

God bless you and take care
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Jojovan

I wasn't very impressed to be honest. From my point of view, most European-made pianos I've tried have more depth in the sound. Yamahas are clean and light but the overall sound is a tad thin and lacking in complexity.

All IMO, of course.

Hi, may I ask which shopping mall or branch you tried the SX3?

Thomson Plaza.

T
T

All IMO, of course.

thanks for the reply.

iirc on your previous post, you wrote that you like c7x.
so you prefer c7x to s3x?

R
OP Offline
R

All IMO, of course.

thanks for the reply.

iirc on your previous post, you wrote that you like c7x.
so you prefer c7x to s3x?

Oh, definitely. I think I'd prefer the S3X to the C3X, but the sheer size advantage that the C7X has over the S3X would make it the winner.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Gombessa
It's a pity that the Delta is 5 cm shorter and that one would have to wait so long to finally get it.

Well...

If you're going to consider a custom order and put up with the associated wait, there is always the Omega wink

The prices of Sauters keep going up from Thailand to Singapore...but oh, how I wish I could get the Omega!

Out of all the pianos I've tried (not including Steinway, Fazioli and all those brands which are way out of my range), the Omega is my favorite but the price/s are just slightly too extravagant. If I'd be willing to pay that amount, I certainly wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for it!

T
T
Sautet omega definitely is excellent piano.
So how much is the best price you get for omega?

R
OP Offline
R
Sautet omega definitely is excellent piano.
So how much is the best price you get for omega?

The minimum seems to be around 1,001,014,240.06 Indonesian Rupiahs (that figure was achieved through a currency converter) for a brand new one from the factory which you'll have to wait until next year to acquire.

The one I tried in a showroom that was at least 10 years old costs about 133,432,943.75 Indonesian Rupiahs more!

S
5000 Post Club Member
Online Content
5000 Post Club Member
S
The minimum seems to be around 1,001,014,240.06 Indonesian Rupiahs (that figure was achieved through a currency converter) for a brand new one from the factory which you'll have to wait until next year to acquire.

Converted to euros, that is the same price in Western Europe.

Blüthner model 6
C
C
I think to pay the necessary price for a piano you seek is worth it. Because every time you sit down and play, you’ll remember. And this need not be a monetary price—it can also be thought of as the space it occupies in our life. Namely, to find the time and dedication for it, even as other forces distract us from the music we love.

Last edited by chromaticvortex; 05/23/22 01:05 PM.
T
T

The one I tried in a showroom that was at least 10 years old costs about 133,432,943.75 Indonesian Rupiahs more!

ah the pricing is odd indeed.
while I might prefer the sound of european pianos,
I think I choose c7x or s7x since compared to that price, they are much cheaper here.

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Sidokar

The prices go up in Singapore. I asked the dealer there whether it would make a difference if I ordered the piano through him or via Thailand and he replied that it didn't really matter. Odd.

I'm leaning towards the Blüthner Model 6 now after getting a good offer directly from the factory. However, I've read some not so flattering comments about modern Blüthners (especially the smaller grands) - is there any truth to them? I liked the Blüthner I played, but that piano is 17 years old - has the quality deteriorated since then?

As for the August Förster 190, the price is attractive, but I haven't been blown away by the sound in clips. It seems very clear and quite bright; the Sauters and Blüthners appear to have a deeper and more full-bodied sound. August Förster also seems to be a lesser-known brand - are quality and workmanship standards high?

The Sauter Delta sounds good but I'm worried that 5 cm makes a difference - does it? That piano also seems to veer towards a clearer and brighter sound.

Last edited by RiverwayInca35; 05/25/22 03:16 PM.
C
C
I think based on general reputation at least, it goes something like Sauter < Forster < Bluthner (regarding quality). But it's also just down to personal preferences. Here's an interesting article anyway, with quite a bit to say about each: https://www.pianobuyer.com/article/...h-end-pianos-they-service-parts-1-and-2/

Last edited by chromaticvortex; 05/25/22 04:30 PM.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by chromaticvortex
I think based on general reputation at least, it goes something like Sauter < Forster < Bluthner (regarding quality). But it's also just down to personal preferences. Here's an interesting article anyway, with quite a bit to say about each: https://www.pianobuyer.com/article/...h-end-pianos-they-service-parts-1-and-2/
You cannot judge these brands like different brands of T shirts
or toasters.These are ALL very high brands.In Fines ratings with Bluthner being the best brand.August Forster are regarded on the same level as Sauter.You need to look at the models of these.It is generally accepted that the Sauter Omega is one of the most remarkable pianos around.The Delta is a very good piano but not in that range at all.( I am not talking about size) I am sure Bluthner have some really excellent models.The OP does not like August Forster but I feel there are some here who love thier August Forster pianos.You cannot say that Sauter has the best quality therefore ALL the models that Sauter makes are the best quality.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sidokar

The prices go up in Singapore. I asked the dealer there whether it would make a difference if I ordered the piano through him or via Thailand and he replied that it didn't really matter. Odd.

I'm leaning towards the Blüthner Model 6 now after getting a good offer directly from the factory. However, I've read some not so flattering comments about modern Blüthners (especially the smaller grands) - is there any truth to them? I liked the Blüthner I played, but that piano is 17 years old - has the quality deteriorated since then?

As for the August Förster 190, the price is attractive, but I haven't been blown away by the sound in clips. It seems very clear and quite bright; the Sauters and Blüthners appear to have a deeper and more full-bodied sound. August Förster also seems to be a lesser-known brand - are quality and workmanship standards high?

The Sauter Delta sounds good but I'm worried that 5 cm makes a difference - does it? That piano also seems to veer towards a clearer and brighter sound.
You mean you are judging the August Forster grand based on a "sound clip?"

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.
In other words a hymn. That is all, but that is enough. tre corda

C
C
Originally Posted by tre corda
You cannot judge these brands like different brands of T shirts
or toasters.These are ALL very high brands.In Fines ratings with Bluthner being the best brand.August Forster are regarded on the same level as Sauter.You need to look at the models of these.It is generally accepted that the Sauter Omega is one of the most remarkable pianos around.The Delta is a very good piano but not in that range at all.( I am not talking about size) I am sure Bluthner have some really excellent models.The OP does not like August Forster but I feel there are some here who love thier August Forster pianos.

That's interesting, because Fine distinctly states that "Sauter is considered in Europe to be a medium-high quality piano". So is this just misinformation? It's based on something, surely. Have things changed drastically since the time of publication? Ideally, I'd play them all, gladly. But that's easier said than done. In the meantime, I can still read about them, and much has been said. And it isn't all along the lines of what you say at all. In the Fine's book I have, technically the Bosendorfer is the highest rated -- but this is only taking into account a difference in "information" (a 0.5 point of difference). Otherwise, Bluthner, Forster, Steingraeber, also all have the same ratings.

Last edited by chromaticvortex; 05/25/22 08:02 PM.
C
C
But you know what? I totally understand where you're coming from. Because we've made a thing of it, I'm going to go and play the one Omega in town -- along with a Fazioli. You're totally right that I should try these pianos out, and in so doing, I will become more experienced and better-informed. Bluthner and Forster I can't find in this town, maybe somewhere else someday.

Last edited by chromaticvortex; 05/25/22 08:12 PM.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
But you know what? I totally understand where you're coming from. Because we've made a thing of it, I'm going to go and play the one Omega in town -- along with a Fazioli. You're totally right that I should try these pianos out, and in so doing, I will become more experienced and better-informed. Bluthner and Forster I can't find in this town, maybe somewhere else someday.
Chromium, I agree with you.Sauter is one of the best manufacturers in Europe..but thier masterpiece with grands is often said to be the Omega.Also I did not mean at all that Bluthner is a higher quality than Bosendorfer, not at all.It is generally regarded here that "Bosendorfer is king of all pianos".
I do not know August Forster pianos that well to say that they are better or worse that Sauter.Perhaps they are smaller than Sauter yet produce thier own "Omega" grand,( I mean a stunning semi concert model) Sauter also makes some rather basic upright models (more economic) which perhaps are not as good as the other models.I am just saying that you have to consider the different models of these brands.I guess all Bosendorfers are great instruments.The one I tried (from the 70's or 80's had the best tone I have ever heard) I was speaking to the OP about needing to play the August Forster rather than make a judgement without playing the instrument, (brand and model) Even then that is only ONE example of that brand/model.

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
How about something totally different

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by tre corda
How about something totally different
I like the part where it says
TITLE TEXT HERE

Haha

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Title Text? Where?

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission