2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
80 members (0day, anotherscott, Animisha, 5stringbanjo, Burkhard, 22 invisible), 888 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by Nemaara
Originally Posted by Sidokar
No doubt about that. That said, I appologize if what I am going to say sounds a bit hard , ... but it seems to me that your technical skill level far exceeds the expressive capabilities of your piano. I dont know if you are in a situation to change, but that is something I would consider in the future. Maybe your recording set up has something to do with it as well, but my guess is that the piano itself has a major role.

Well thank you but I am about to leave home and my piano behind somewhat soon (hence the frenzy of recordings I am making nowadays). So if anything I will have to play on a digital which will be even worse. :s

Originally Posted by dogperson
Nemaara
Really looking forward to hearing your updated recording—- I’m convinced it will be awesome 😊

Thank you, also relevant comment above which is maybe somewhere off in the future, maybe in a couple months if I can fit it in in time.

No rush., We’ll still be here,

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Carey
Actually, it is impresssive that you can play "parts" of the fast sections as fast as you do - BUT the current speed is too fast for you to "control" all of these passages without sounding frenetic and jumbled (right and left hands simply aren't together). I recommend that you 1) slow down, 2) only play as fast as your weakest hand will allow, and 3) try to find and communicate the music in the score. smile

Carey, I respectfully disagree with both you and Mark. I don't get the sense that any of the fast passages are out of control. Quite the contrary, they seem to be executed with preternatural accuracy as far as I can tell, which bespeaks a phenomenal technique, especially for a non-professional.

Neemara, I notice that none of your YouTube recordings show you performing in person. I for one would love to see your piano playing in full flow. Any chance you could make a proper video. We all know this music well, so we don't really need to follow the score!

SRF
Originally Posted by SiFi
[quote=Carey]....I don't get the sense that any of the fast passages are out of control. Quite the contrary, they seem to be executed with preternatural accuracy as far as I can tell....

I didn't mean anything about accuracy! smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mark_C
[quote=Carey]....I don't get the sense that any of the fast passages are out of control. Quite the contrary, they seem to be executed with preternatural accuracy as far as I can tell....

I didn't mean anything about accuracy! smile

Understood, but I meant in general (control) and specifically (not losing control, i.e. playing without errors). What you said: "It still needs to be in a certain kind of control." That's what I was disagreeing with. I agree with what you said, but I don't think it applies here.

Last edited by SiFi; 07/19/22 07:15 PM.

SRF

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Simon - I clarified my original comment by pointing specifically to parts of the final agitato section. The OP listened to Zimmerman's playing of these passages and agreed with me. I just listened to the OP's recording again and I agree with me too. grin

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
SiFi: How about if I say "frantic" instead of anything "control".....

That's what I meant: Frantic in a way that makes it seem like it's not in control -- meaning, in this case, that it's not how the person meant it to go.

....which I'm guessing was so.
If not, then not. smile

N
Nemaara Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Carey, I respectfully disagree with both you and Mark. I don't get the sense that any of the fast passages are out of control. Quite the contrary, they seem to be executed with preternatural accuracy as far as I can tell, which bespeaks a phenomenal technique, especially for a non-professional.

Neemara, I notice that none of your YouTube recordings show you performing in person. I for one would love to see your piano playing in full flow. Any chance you could make a proper video. We all know this music well, so we don't really need to follow the score!

Thanks for the praise! The thing is I'm camera shy. I already play worse musically on recording, brain tends to focus on getting notes right rather than playing music once I know a mic is in place. I usually don't react well once I know there's a cam. Funny enough playing live is a lot easier as long as I'm not aware of the camera or mic pointed at me.

Simon - I clarified my original comment by pointing specifically to parts of the final agitato section. The OP listened to Zimmerman's playing of these passages and agreed with me. I just listened to the OP's recording again and I agree with me too. grin

Yes I still agree with you too. smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

With that qualification now understood, I guess I agree with you too. smile

SRF
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
I think the fast sections are played faster than even most top pros play them. I was shocked when I heard them. So I think that means they are too fast.

That was my first thought when I heard those passages.

SRF
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Great Piano Tutorial
by Bart K - 08/10/22 03:54 AM
Piano mindset
by pablobear - 08/10/22 01:37 AM
Boston UP-118S opinions
by skern49 - 08/09/22 11:13 PM
Help choosing piano for advanced student
by mazeroth - 08/09/22 11:02 PM
Help choosing piano for advanced student
by mazeroth - 08/09/22 10:56 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,324
Posts3,215,172
Members106,052
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission