2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
91 members (80k, Adem, anamnesis, accordeur, bob@pei, 36251, AJB, Animisha, 17 invisible), 4,442 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 106 of 106 1 2 104 105 106
C
C
Originally Posted by MudFish
USER LOCATION: VA, USA
MAKE: Yamaha
MODEL: N1X
CONDITION: New
PRICE PAID: USD $8500
DELIVERY CHARGE: $0
VENDOR NAME: Piano Guys
PURCHASE DATE: March 15, 2022

This thread and the N1X discussion threads were pretty instrumental in my purchase. I fared better buying my unit knowing the price distributions and especially how they shifted in the past year. I negotiated with a few dealers a bit to get this unit, but most of them stood pretty steadfast at $9K and were also usually back-ordered. This was their last unit from a recent shipment and my other options were months out so I pulled the trigger a bit earlier than I normally would.

Sounds like we went through the same process at the same time and went with the same vendor, although you negotiated a little better than I did lol. Did you receive it yet? Mine was scheduled for delivery today but I'm now being told it won't arrive at the depot until tonight but will hopefully still be delivered this week. I was going to wait to post in this thread until I received it in new condition.

Sounds like we also had the same experience with dealers. I strongly would have preferred to support local business and to have an actual warm body to reach out to in the event of issues, but my dealer wouldn't go below $9965 out the door, which is the internet price + local taxes (but includes "white glove" delivery and in-house assembly). I was prepared to pay ~$500 more for local but >$1000 is too much for a rational customer to NOT buy online. The online storefront doesn't have to pay local taxes but they did have to eat the cost of shipping 370 lbs of cargo across the country from AZ.

USER LOCATION: GA, USA
PRICE PAID: USD $8599
VENDOR NAME: The Piano Guys Piano Store
PURCHASE DATE: March 14, 2022

M
M
Looks like I got my purchase date wrong. It was actually the 9th. It arrived last Friday and has been a joy (although moving it into the house was not). Pretty funny to see the $100 price difference (I may have made it harder for you)

I felt the same way with buying local, and was actively looking to do so. But I too have limits and the local dealers just were not willing to move nearly enough on price to get into the $500ish range. To be fair, one had 6 people in line to get the N1X and so did not need to come down on price. I ended up buying this without even playing it first so I got to avoid the guilt of trying it in store and then buying it online.

C
C
Looks like I got my purchase date wrong. It was actually the 9th. It arrived last Friday and has been a joy (although moving it into the house was not). Pretty funny to see the $100 price difference (I may have made it harder for you)

I felt the same way with buying local, and was actively looking to do so. But I too have limits and the local dealers just were not willing to move nearly enough on price to get into the $500ish range. To be fair, one had 6 people in line to get the N1X and so did not need to come down on price. I ended up buying this without even playing it first so I got to avoid the guilt of trying it in store and then buying it online.

Nice, and glad to hear everything worked out for you. I've been worried about the mixed reviews on the shipper The Piano Guys use but if they got it to your house and it was undamaged out of the box, sounds like they did their job just fine. I'm hopeful the wife and I can get it into my office next to the front door of the house, but if not I'll have to get our neighbor to help.

Agreed on local dealers serving a slightly different market - I get the sense there's a segment of buyers who are lining up for every model in stock and want/need more hand holding and are willing to pay up for full delivery and assembly. I do feel guilty about trying it out in store and not buying from them, but I did fully intend (and would have preferred) to buy local if the price was remotely comparable. To assuage my guilt, the salesman did waste at least an hour of my time with smarmy canned sales pitches before conceding I knew the models and specs better than he did and finally leaving me alone to just try them out.

M
M
Yeah in these times, I would not feel guilty.

The shipping service was not the best, I had to call several times because they never contacted me and then messed up my appointment time (scheduled it before the piano had arrived). As long as you stay on top of it and call to confirm, you will be fine. The piano arrived in excellent condition.

The packaging is very good and secure and I was able to wrestle the bottom part into my basement without a problem. The top I took out of the box by accident, but was also fine as long as you mind the headphone jack on the bottom (I used a pillow to avoid putting too much weight on it). Pretty sturdy overall.

C
C
Yeah in these times, I would not feel guilty.

The shipping service was not the best, I had to call several times because they never contacted me and then messed up my appointment time (scheduled it before the piano had arrived). As long as you stay on top of it and call to confirm, you will be fine. The piano arrived in excellent condition.

The packaging is very good and secure and I was able to wrestle the bottom part into my basement without a problem. The top I took out of the box by accident, but was also fine as long as you mind the headphone jack on the bottom (I used a pillow to avoid putting too much weight on it). Pretty sturdy overall.

Good to know, thanks. I'm having the same experience with the shipper so far - wouldn't have even known delivery was delayed if I hadn't called to check. I don't like that I didn't buy from the store where I played it in person (I try to be principled about these things) but the salesman also gave me a bit of attitude when I tried to negotiate that frankly rubbed me the wrong way. Clearly they had buyers lined up for every model that came in stock, as they kept selling floor models and couldn't promise when more inventory would be coming, so they must be doing OK by sticking to their pricing and service offering.

C
C
Originally Posted by ChickenBrother
USER LOCATION: GA, USA
PRICE PAID: USD $8599
VENDOR NAME: The Piano Guys Piano Store
PURCHASE DATE: March 14, 2022

To document for this thread, my N1X was delivered today as expected in new condition. I've finished putting it together and everything appears to be in order and working properly. The lowest three black keys are a little "clackety" but not enough to be a real issue - will call for a regulation if it gets much worse. For now, no regrets having bought online.

S
S
USER LOCATION: Sydney, Australia
MAKE: Kawai
MODEL: CA59 Ebony Satin
PRICE PAID: AUD$3595
DELIVERY CHARGE: AUD$350 (including assembly)
VENDOR LOCATION: South Australia
VENDOR NAME: Pianomax
PURCHASE DATE: March 2022

S
S
USER LOCATION: Brussels, Belgium
MODEL: CA-79 B
CONDITION: New (showroom)
PRICE PAID: 3299 Euro (with chair and headset)
DELIVERY CHARGE: 0 Euro
VENDOR LOCATION: Flanders
VENDOR NAME: Piano's Maene NV
PURCHASE DATE: May 2022

A
A
Stop wasting your time, go to the site . Good luck.

Last edited by Piano World; 05/24/22 12:00 PM. Reason: remove spam link
B
B
USER LOCATION: Finland
MAKE: Roland
MODEL: HP 704 Rosewood
PRICE PAID: €2080 (bench and headphones included)
DELIVERY CHARGE: free
VENDOR LOCATION: online
VENDOR NAME: Digitalpiano

O
O
USER LOCATION: New Zealand
MODEL: FP-30X
PRICE PAID: Equivalent to 1240 USD
DELIVERY CHARGE: I picked it up from the shop
VENDOR LOCATION: Wellington, New Zealand
VENDOR NAME: Rockshop

E
E
I will be buying a good quality acoustic upright in the next couple of weeks. I think I will be spending around $5,000.00.

Is there a source for prices paid for acoustic piano.'s? The price-list I have seen is the The Piano Book supplement. It gives list prices and I've seen quotes on the Internet widely below it's values.

I also be interested in hearing from bogleheads how much they paid for their piano. Please list manufacturer, model, location and whether any extras were included (e.g. delivery, tuning).

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Erick
If you delve into PianoBuyer, the price you should be using is not MSRP but SMP. Then usually, depending on the brand/model a discount from the SMP

With $5,000 to spend,, I would recommend you look at pre-owned pianos, as you can get a better piano for your $$. You will need to get an inspection from a trained tech, as condition is everything.

There is not a ‘acoustic prices paid’ as there are too many variables that affect the price: where bought, piano finish, condition, to name a few. Generally, if you buyer from a dealer, delivery snd one-two tunings will be included. They are not included if buying from a private seller.

If you will post on the Pisno forum, including where you live and what you are looking for, you can get done advice.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
B
B
USER LOCATION: Vermont
MODEL: ES920 black
CONDITION: new
PRICE PAID: $1799 (not including tax or prime discount)
DELIVERY CHARGE: free, but paid $4.99 for expedited shipping
VENDOR LOCATION: NJ
VENDOR NAME: Liquid Audio via Amazon

Hesitated buying this through an amazon listing since this model was sold out most places, I was worried it was a returned item, but arrived quickly and obviously new unopened fresh from factory packaging. Standard online price, happy to get it, and happy to be playing it. Since I am an amazon prime member, I will get 5% back, which will offset most of VT sales tax.

Kawai ES920
Yamaha P128
Sohmer upright (1958)
M
M
USER LOCATION: Dallas, TX
MODEL: K300 Aures 2
CONDITION: Floor Model
PRICE PAID: 13,500 USD
DELIVERY CHARGE: none
VENDOR LOCATION: Plano
VENDOR NAME: Kawai Piano Gallery
PURCHASE DATE: June, 2022

I don’t know if I got a good deal, the MSRP is around 18k but I’m sure they never sell for that.

A
A
USER LOCATION: Amsterdam
MODEL: HP704 (rosewood)
CONDITION: new
PRICE PAID: €1929
DELIVERY CHARGE: free
VENDOR LOCATION: Amsterdam
VENDOR NAME: Clavis Piano's
PURCHASE DATE: Apr 2022 (expected delivery this week, mid-June 2022)

Page 106 of 106 1 2 104 105 106

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai Novus 10S New owner
by Ron A - 07/05/22 11:33 AM
Kurzweil k2700
by Ivan504 - 07/05/22 11:30 AM
Alan Belkin on musical salience - an aesthetic concept
by indigo_dave - 07/05/22 11:18 AM
Help me change how I think about memorizing
by ShiroKuro - 07/05/22 11:05 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,814
Posts3,205,545
Members105,725
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission