2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
47 members (Calavera, Carey, Abdol, Anevsky, anamnesis, accordeur, 80k, 16 invisible), 4,538 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
namm doesnt have the marketing power like it did 10 yrs ago. dont think namm timing is that important to kawai, yamaha, roland esp with dps. plus these guys are working through massive back log. no real need to introduce something new unless its a value engineering proposition (ie, cost reduced).

i'd like to see an MP refresh, but that probably wont happen until we have market normalcy.

E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Also Winter NAMM usually has had more news especially for us keyboardists then the Summer NAMM show. Also the big European Music Trade Show that is usually held in April was canceled for 2022.

https://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en.html Kawai and Yamaha have had new equipment at this show routinely but not at NAMM held in the summer time. Roland did there own press release for the HP700 series and skipped the Trade Shows all together. With the times we are in I think the manufacturers might just do an online live-cast event.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
J
J
So basically the other events that there would be any announcements at have been canceled this year, so unless it’s a one-off (probably the most likely) they’ll be at NAMM?

A
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Doug M.
I don't think the P-515 actually needs updating for my own preferences - except for the little glitch on the single-push record mode, where the very first key that is struck will noticeably be delayed when struck (and the rest of the succeeding notes will be fine). I have zero issue with the particular NWX setup for the P-515. I don't want yamaha to touch that actually. I prefer it if their next one has the same setup.

It definitely does need upgrading, but not now.
No point in upgrading when you likely can't meet the demand.

I'm with Abdol. I can't see Kawai, Roland or Yamaha releasing anything digital piano wise.

When they do upgrade, they will add the Grand Touch S action and the Bosendorfer will be binurally sampled.
Also, I suspect it will get better amplification (marginally).[/quote]

Originally Posted by SouthPark
For myself - the P-515 doesn't require an upgrade. I'm 'stoked' with the action of it, and the sounds from it. Unfortunately, they put plastic stuff inside their other 'upgraded' actions - so I reckon that I (or we) are lucky that we caught the last 'lucky' bus - with the P-515.

Yamaha just recently introduced the new CLP 7XX series. A new P-series with GT-C will impact the CLP-725-35 sales. So a new flagship P series isn't in the horizon until Yamaha makes enough profit off of the lower end of the CLP series.

Why there is a successor for the PA4X? That's because of Yamaha Genos.

That said, Kawai "CAN" introduced a new instrument. But the market is hot, so it's very likely for them to milk the MP7/11SE more. That's because it's not behind Yamaha's flagship series (P series) yet.

That's a bit annoying/irritating, because Kawai can easily take the lead if it introduces a new slab/stage instrument.

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Abdol
[quote=SouthPark]
I don't think the P-515 actually needs updating for my own preferences - except for the little glitch on the single-push record mode, where the very first key that is struck will noticeably be delayed when struck (and the rest of the succeeding notes will be fine). I have zero issue with the particular NWX setup for the P-515. I don't want yamaha to touch that actually. I prefer it if their next one has the same setup.
It definitely does need upgrading, but not now.
No point in upgrading when you likely can't meet the demand.

I'm with Abdol. I can't see Kawai, Roland or Yamaha releasing anything digital piano wise.

When they do upgrade, they will add the Grand Touch S action and the Bosendorfer will be binurally sampled.
Also, I suspect it will get better amplification (marginally).

Originally Posted by SouthPark
For myself - the P-515 doesn't require an upgrade. I'm 'stoked' with the action of it, and the sounds from it. Unfortunately, they put plastic stuff inside their other 'upgraded' actions - so I reckon that I (or we) are lucky that we caught the last 'lucky' bus - with the P-515.

Yamaha just recently introduced the new CLP 7XX series. A new P-series with GT-C will impact the CLP-725-35 sales. So a new flagship P series isn't in the horizon until Yamaha makes enough profit off of the lower end of the CLP series.

Why there is a successor for the PA4X? That's because of Yamaha Genos.

That said, Kawai "CAN" introduced a new instrument. But the market is hot, so it's very likely for them to milk the MP7/11SE more. That's because it's not behind Yamaha's flagship series (P series) yet.

That's a bit annoying/irritating, because Kawai can easily take the lead if it introduces a new slab/stage instrument.

I believe everything in this video about why cars are so expensive and production of new vehicles is so low, also goes for DP manufacturers...

Last edited by Doug M.; 05/16/22 06:43 AM.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
[video:youtube]
[/video

Looks promising!

Looks great. Wonder if the sounds will match the Genos.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Looks great. Wonder if the sounds will match the Genos.

Usually, it's the other way around ----- as in wonder if the Genos sounds match the KORG PA5X. In any case - good choice of demo bassline from the Korg video ----- once again, applied at : LINK (but with different instruments of course).

C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Dexibell has something new for NAMM:

https://www.facebook.com/Dexibell.MI/photos/a.1681763852070264/3222205671359400/

Originally Posted by Dexibell on Facebook
ɴᴀᴍᴍ ᴊᴜɴᴇ 2022 ᴡᴏʀʟᴅᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴍɪᴇʀ

The new Dexibell stage top of the range. Info coming soon

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Given that this is Roland's anniversary, we could speculate for fun:

Point 1: This is an absolutely terrible time to release a new commercial instrument for the big 3 companies---demand being low; manufacturing being retarded by parts shortages; distribution still hampered; prices being high; people suffering record inflation (wanting not to spend) etc---ergo, no sensible manufacturer is going to release something that will be purchased in large numbers

Point 2: They have had years of few releases and not much resource placed on manufacturing---potentially lots of R&D time.

Point 3: Given points 1 and 2, perhaps it's the perfect time to launch a high-value/low production volume show-piece to generate publicity and attract highly wealthy musicians.

How's about:

Roland V-piano Mark 2 ?
*Fully modelled acoustic piano with new sound chip
*Fully modelled legacy pianos (older pianos, harpsichord, clavichord etc)
*Fully modelled e-pianos (Rhodes, Wurli, DX7 & electric pianos (CP80))
*Fully modelled tone-wheel organ
*Fully modelled analogue synth
*PHA-100 action (similar to PHA-50, lighter touch, faster key repitition speed, aftertouch for synths,
*Fully touch screen control
*Lot's of knobs and sliders for live control (and ability to reduce touch-screen to low light mode)
*V-piano design (flat top, angled front panel)
*Under unit knee operated pitch bend
*Included wah pedal
*Triple pedal with optional connection to the stand unit
*Fully designed Roland powered monitors bespoke for the V-piano mark II
*In built PC for running VST's through the touch-screen
*Access to Zen core sounds

i.e., a new type of stage-piano for a new era: a fully modelled stage piano.

A
A
It's simpler than that. There will be presented:
• Kawai MP12
• Yamaha P-615
• Roland RD-3000
• The new and most affordable hybrid from Casio in collaboration with C. Bechstein.

No? Even if any one of these items is not presented, don't even call me to such a "show".

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AlexBltn
It's simpler than that. There will be presented:
• Kawai MP12
• Yamaha P-615
• Roland RD-3000
• The new and most affordable hybrid from Casio in collaboration with C. Bechstein.

No? Even if any one of these items is not presented, don't even call me to such a "show".

None of those instruments would get adequate distribution in the current environment.
I would be surprised if we see any update to affordable instruments in this summer NAMM from Yamaha, Roland or Kawai.

Once the supply of microchips picks up, maybe then we will see one of these upgraded.

Last edited by Doug M.; 05/29/22 09:03 AM.

A
A
I know. That's why this exhibition makes no sense to me personally. It's a pathetic spectacle, not an exhibition. I will say more: many people still do not understand how much and how quickly the world is changing, and I would not say that for the better. And what seems like a crisis today may seem like a boon in a few years, and in things more important than the lack of some chips. So if one don't see something today, don't expect to see it in a few years.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Point 1: This is an absolutely terrible time to release a new commercial instrument for the big 3 companies---demand being low; manufacturing being retarded by parts shortages; distribution still hampered; prices being high; people suffering record inflation (wanting not to spend) etc---ergo, no sensible manufacturer is going to release something that will be purchased in large numbers...

I obviously cannot speak for other manufacturers, however Kawai will be exhibiting three new models at NAMM.

One of my colleagues posted some "behind the scenes" teaser shots on our social media accounts earlier.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Kawai James
I obviously cannot speak for other manufacturers, however Kawai will be exhibiting three new models at NAMM.

Kind regards,
James
x

Holy Moly! The NV-20 is coming!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pete14

Kind regards,
James
x

Hmmm ... I looked at the Kawai Twitter notice, and there were only images of regular uprights. I did not notice anything looking like a NV-10 or bigger ...

But there seems to be something of the Aures famility coming.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
What? Regular uprights?

Why would James come here, the land of digital, to make noise about ‘regular uprights’ when he knows how much we despise uprights (acoustics)?

No, those images must be nothing more than a decoy to ‘tease’ us!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
What? Regular uprights?

Why would James come here, the land of digital, to make noise about ‘regular uprights’ when he knows how much we despise uprights (acoustics)?

No, those images must be nothing more than a decoy to ‘tease’ us!

I meant digitals looking like regular uprights.

And they do not look like the more expensive ranges of digitals.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Kawai will be exhibiting three new models at NAMM.

VPC2! 😃 MP12! 😃

Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
Hmmm ... I looked at the Kawai Twitter notice, and there were only images of regular uprights. I did not notice anything looking like a NV-10 or bigger ...

Oh 😔...

Well, in my dreams then... 😴.

Cheers and happy anticipation 😉,

HZ

P
P
Point 1: This is an absolutely terrible time to release a new commercial instrument for the big 3 companies---demand being low; manufacturing being retarded by parts shortages; distribution still hampered; prices being high; people suffering record inflation (wanting not to spend) etc---ergo, no sensible manufacturer is going to release something that will be purchased in large numbers...

One of my colleagues posted some "behind the scenes" teaser shots on our social media accounts earlier.

Kind regards,
James
x

One of the shots shows a kind of "small" slab with its furniture and 3 pedals. Too small for being the next stage piano following the mp11se and the vpc1. May be the next es110???
There are some cabinet, but not heavy ones maybe the next CN???
Let see

Last edited by playplayplay; 05/30/22 06:02 AM.
A
A
Who needs the NV20? smile Maybe some people do, but most people here aren't interested in it at all, simply because it's way beyond their financial means. That's why most here are interested in the MP12 and VPC2. Even the console CA pianos no one is waiting for, as Kawai still has a lot of work to do to fix and redo that failed solution with the touch interface.

I remember discussing the mystery teaser here, which then disappointed everyone (DG30). So I didn't even watch the teaser this time.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Happy 4th!
Happy 4th of July
Happy 4th!
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Chord help
by Moo :) - 07/05/22 02:18 AM
Yamaha U3 or equivalent upright
by Tom Ryshka - 07/05/22 01:35 AM
A comparison of two very different pianos!
by Joseph Fleetwood - 07/04/22 02:17 PM
Home Studio Recordings on Bosendorfer 225
by James Gordon - 07/04/22 01:39 PM
Looking for good online piano course for beginner
by mwsheeler - 07/04/22 12:12 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,802
Posts3,205,422
Members105,714
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission