2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (bcalvanese, BillS728, APianistHasNoName, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, danno858, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by OregonJim
Originally Posted by Rowy van Hest
That is so weird. But I must say the students that were interested in counterpoint usually were a bit nerdy. Perhaps the lines of a drawing are more satisfying to them than blobs of paint. I know I like a nice black line. I'm not really into colors.

Anyway, after all those years my graphic style matches my musical style, so I'm quite happy. How about you?

That's an interesting correlation.

I, too, enjoy drawing, especially with pen & ink (those crisp black lines). I'm also heavily drawn to counterpoint (my main instrument is bass). While I greatly enjoy looking at colors, my ability to create a pleasing color scheme on canvas or paper is poor at best. I'm probably also considered a nerd, being an engineer and into higher math.

Here's a random page from my sketchbook:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvy7inr8p9h7ap7/PXL_20220421_005919076.jpg?dl=0[/img]

That's a very nice drawing. The dots caught my eye. Is that your usual style, or is it a one-off? I wonder how you draw when you use lines.

3 Free Voluntaries for Harpsichord or Piano
R
OP Offline
R
You can definitely call this a talent, moshuajusic. I'm also fascinated by video, but I think you need a lot of contacts and the ability to work with a group of people. I have always preferred to work alone. Composing, drawing, writing short stories, you don't need other people for that. I need to be alone a lot.

S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by moshuajusic
I taught myself filmmaking. smile Which means I taught myself screenwriting, videography, color grading, sound design, etc. And I was terrified of putting this out since it's my first film and it's Jaz The Rapper, known for battle rap, cocky lyrics, lots of wordplay, hip hop beats. I had her singing--her first time ever--on hard rock and classical piano, simple and sentimental lyrics. And it stars a doll. blush It could've been DISASTROUS for her. But the people seem to like it. So I'll toot my own horn and chalk it up as a new "talent." grin

Thoroughly enjoyed that one. That was top quality in all areas.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I taught myself filmmaking. smile Which means I taught myself screenwriting, videography, color grading, sound design, etc. And I was terrified of putting this out since it's my first film and it's Jaz The Rapper, known for battle rap, cocky lyrics, lots of wordplay, hip hop beats. I had her singing--her first time ever--on hard rock and classical piano, simple and sentimental lyrics. And it stars a doll. blush It could've been DISASTROUS for her. But the people seem to like it. So I'll toot my own horn and chalk it up as a new "talent." grin

I love it! That is really really good!

"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that." Pippi Longstocking
That is so weird. But I must say the students that were interested in counterpoint usually were a bit nerdy. Perhaps the lines of a drawing are more satisfying to them than blobs of paint. I know I like a nice black line. I'm not really into colors.

Anyway, after all those years my graphic style matches my musical style, so I'm quite happy. How about you?

That's an interesting correlation.

I, too, enjoy drawing, especially with pen & ink (those crisp black lines). I'm also heavily drawn to counterpoint (my main instrument is bass). While I greatly enjoy looking at colors, my ability to create a pleasing color scheme on canvas or paper is poor at best. I'm probably also considered a nerd, being an engineer and into higher math.

Here's a random page from my sketchbook:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvy7inr8p9h7ap7/PXL_20220421_005919076.jpg?dl=0[/img]

That's a very nice drawing. The dots caught my eye. Is that your usual style, or is it a one-off? I wonder how you draw when you use lines.

Thanks. I only do stippling occasionally - it's rather time consuming. Here's a much quicker sketch using lines:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/py0iq2yjrl4z8lk/PXL_20220421_165043885.jpg?dl=0[/img]

Roland RD-2000 / Yamaha EW400 & Electone / lots o' synths
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks. I only do stippling occasionally - it's rather time consuming. Here's a much quicker sketch using lines:

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/py0iq2yjrl4z8lk/PXL_20220421_165043885.jpg?dl=0[/img]

Somehow I like the stippled drawing better. Perhaps because very few artists work this way. It looks more "artsy".

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
You can definitely call this a talent, moshuajusic. I'm also fascinated by video, but I think you need a lot of contacts and the ability to work with a group of people. I have always preferred to work alone. Composing, drawing, writing short stories, you don't need other people for that. I need to be alone a lot.
Originally Posted by SouthPark
Thoroughly enjoyed that one. That was top quality in all areas.
Originally Posted by Josephine83
I love it! That is really really good!

Thanks. smile @ Rowy, most of the work was solitary. I found most of the actors on backstage.com. The classroom scene was toughest to coordinate, but the kids were great. #1 thing is making sure everyone's well fed. I brought cases of water bottles, deli platters, and granola bars. Enough for the parents too.

Here's the follow-up. I had a slightly better grasp of lighting and white balance on this one. Low key is challenging, especially with all the movement, plus the lights were stationary (since I'm a one-man band).

S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
Here's the follow-up. I had a slightly better grasp of lighting and white balance on this one. Low key is challenging, especially with all the movement, plus the lights were stationary (since I'm a one-man band).

That is definitely world class quality. It's definitely right up there with the best.

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks. smile @ Rowy, most of the work was solitary. I found most of the actors on backstage.com. The classroom scene was toughest to coordinate, but the kids were great. #1 thing is making sure everyone's well fed. I brought cases of water bottles, deli platters, and granola bars. Enough for the parents too.

This is excellent. People pay a lot of money to see this on stage. Did you write the music?

I wonder, in this day and age we seem to be moving towards a virtual world. A world that needs art. I've tried a few virtual worlds and you already come across some art, but it's not much. Mostly static paintings and drawings. I expect that in the near future you can go to a theater in a virtual world and see your work as if it were a theater performance. But would that be the same? Sometimes I worry that virtual art will become something for the poor, while the rich can afford a seat in a real theater.

What I'm trying to say here, is that you could do it all, video productions and stage settings. You truly are a one-man band.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I don't think that will happen. I'm also into photography and creative editing. What I hear sometimes is that I'm not a 'real photographer', mostly from people who don't want to see anything edited on a photograph. But well, I only use my own photographs and you can't make something good when you start with a photo of bad quality. But I think al those new technologies can exist next to each other. There will always be people who prefer the 'static' art, just as there are now people who don't like creative editing and prefer the classic way of photography.

"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that." Pippi Longstocking
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by SouthPark
That is definitely world class quality. It's definitely right up there with the best.
This is excellent. People pay a lot of money to see this on stage. Did you write the music?

I wonder, in this day and age we seem to be moving towards a virtual world. A world that needs art. I've tried a few virtual worlds and you already come across some art, but it's not much. Mostly static paintings and drawings. I expect that in the near future you can go to a theater in a virtual world and see your work as if it were a theater performance. But would that be the same? Sometimes I worry that virtual art will become something for the poor, while the rich can afford a seat in a real theater.

What I'm trying to say here, is that you could do it all, video productions and stage settings. You truly are a one-man band.

Thanks. smile Yes I wrote the music. Jaz wrote most of the lyrics. I wrote some too.

Fascinating idea. I'm way behind, haven't even tried a VR headset. Strong Matrix vibes. heh But that WOULD be a cool application. I gotta broaden my perspective & experience. If you got any suggestions as to where to start, I'm game.

Originally Posted by Josephine83
I don't think that will happen. I'm also into photography and creative editing. What I hear sometimes is that I'm not a 'real photographer', mostly from people who don't want to see anything edited on a photograph. But well, I only use my own photographs and you can't make something good when you start with a photo of bad quality. But I think al those new technologies can exist next to each other. There will always be people who prefer the 'static' art, just as there are now people who don't like creative editing and prefer the classic way of photography.

Agreed. Everything goes through phases of popularity, and ultimately everything coexists.

E
E
I can't consider myself to be multi-talented, but except for the music, I was told that I'm pretty good at writing. It always was easy for me, when I was at school and college. Recently, the guys from https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/healthcare have suggested working with them. They read some of my works and said they liked them. To be honest, I didn't think about working as a writer, but it seems to be a good way to earn some extra money and gain new skills.

Last edited by Eugene7766; 05/22/22 12:00 PM.
S
S
I'm in love with this topic.
I can play piano and cook. Am I multitalented? I don't know!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission