2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 9 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3209827 04/16/22 12:55 PM
J
jamiecw Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
J

L
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
L
Curious who made the keyboard.

When you play, never mind who listens to you. R.Schumann.

Casio GP-400

2006 August Förster 215
K
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
K
no one, it's a mockup

J
jamiecw Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
J
Seems a Korean based company that does other stuff too, but I digress, I think if I had a 32” screen in front of me I may be more inclined to Netflix binge than piano practice 😊

J
J
screen is too damn big lol

Yamaha YUS5 TA2 // NI Noire // since 10-2020 // ABRSM 3 Dist // RCM Level 4 (43%)
K
K
That would be good for something like synthesia, but they should make the screen ultra wide and the keys illuminate

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Yanko Design is a magazine that features innovative products. More like free advertisement for new products & ideas.

After a few clicks the company name HS2 came up and the address is in S. Korea:
511, 201-dong, 18, Bucheon-ro 198beon-gil, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea

The product is called Mozart Console Piano.
HS2 site

S
S
That seems rather unnecessary and jarring to sit in front of such a large screen. And it’s an extra point of failure.

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Based on the website, right now this is just a prototype looking for crowdsource funding through. Not sure how far it will get though.

It doesn’t seem to offer anything new. They don’t play it so we don’t get to hear how it actually sounds, which should be the main selling point. Lacking any idea of how it sounds could be a major dissuasion. The action looks like an action that’s already featured in other pianos, so nothing particularly new there. The design of the cabinet is a bit modern. That could be a selling point. The giant screen seems to be the novel idea, but also a novelty. That seems like a fairly massive screen to have directly in front of your face while you’re playing, and could even be distracting.

I think the best idea from it is the service they say will be included which features scores, virtual teaching, and teaching videos, but to an extent, there are already services like that.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with it. Without hearing how it sounds or having information about the action or sound system, it’s a bit hard to make a decision about it, beyond the novelty of the giant screen and the modern cabinet design. That may be enough of a selling point for some.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I didn’t read much past the screen; so sue me!

…but I’ve wondered in the past about a built-in screen replacing the current ‘music stand,’ not only for digitals but also for acoustics.

I’d like a flexible screen; one that can swivel (to portrait and back), tilt, adjust for height, etc…

A ‘flexible screen’ can be used for transcribing, composing/arranging, and, of course, reading music; however, I’d like something a little smaller and less bulky (thinner) than what’s shown above (for added appeal and ease of multi-use).

No, it should not be used to binge on Netflix (as suggested by a certain someone).

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Pete14
I didn’t read much past the screen; so sue me!

…but I’ve wondered in the past about a built-in screen replacing the current ‘music stand,’ not only for digitals but also for acoustics.

I’d like a flexible screen; one that can swivel (to portrait and back), tilt, adjust for height, etc…

A ‘flexible screen’ can be used for transcribing, composing/arranging, and, of course, reading music; however, I’d like something a little smaller and less bulky (thinner) than what’s shown above (for added appeal and ease of multi-use).

No, it should not be used to binge on Netflix (as suggested by a certain someone).

I use an iPad Pro, which is not part of the piano of course. But it goes on any music rack or music stand, so I can use it with my acoustic piano or with my digital for gigging, and carry it on the plane for out of town gigs. And if I have two iPad pros, I can put them side-by-side and the foot pedal switches the right screen to the left as I play through a piece. But I still find my Mac better for composing, notating, and arranging.

Perhaps most conveniently, I don’t have to get a new display when I want to just upgrade the piano, and vice versa!

Rodney Sauer
Kawai KG-2E • Kawai ES8 • Kawai ES920
S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
Now - if they added a bar fridge .....

Actually - they really should have at least an adjustable height seat/chair.

S
S
I use an iPad as well, I don’t think a fixed screen to the piano is very useable. What OS is it going to run?

With the iPad I can get a range of good apps and then take it wherever I want to annotate, compose, study, etc

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
But what if it’s not fixed, the screen?

A detachable, foldable, multi-purpose screen that ‘attaches’ to your piano whilst simultaneously charging; and once you’re done with the piano, simply detach, fold, and take it along with you….

Who’s with me?

S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
A protective shield for the screen for stopping music book staples and fingernail scratches will be handy too.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
The next thing should be a demo video on social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) showing the features of the Mozart Console Piano. Need someone who looks like a professional pianist playing pieces on it than just a picture of a prototype to be convincing. I've seen cheap toy-looking keyboards without weighted keys but with a good video presentation showing you the songs you can play. A lot of people would buy it after seeing the video.

Not sure if the product is aimed at professionals or the average Joe on the street looking for something affordable for starting piano lessons.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission