2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
76 members (anotherscott, brennbaer, 36251, danno858, alexii, ambrozy, ChristoVanRensburg, Animisha, 18 invisible), 697 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
OU812 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
A pretty decent bit of kit for the money.
The action isn't going to set the world on fire - think Yamaha P125, but the samples (in particular the Italian Grand) are really good. Blow me over good. The touch response is also a stand out. I owned a (much) more expensive Korg G1 Air and the response of the B2 is flat out better.
I also get 30W of speakers, an actual damper pedal (not a clicker) and midi/audio over USB. Yep... Plug into your laptop and hear the VST audio through the Korg speakers. One cable.
$649au. Total no-brainer for a beginner keyboard.

J
J
yep. i bought a b1 as my first weighted keyboard (absolute 2nd hand bargain) and it was great. Only looked for a replacement because it didn't have MIDI (otherwise identical to the b2). The p515 i replaced it with is in a different league action-wise but as you say, for the price and for a beginner the korg b1/b2 is great - and light too

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Yep, very nice piano considering its weight, size and price.
I bought it because I wanted a portable piano with loud speakers.

Unfortunately I didn't got along with mine and had to sale it, because I have wide fingers(and wide palm, and wide body structure, these things come together...), and whenever I wanted to put my finger on an A note between G# and Bb, it felt very unpleasant. Other than A note, the spacing between the keys was actually Okish as far as I remember, even for me.

Anyway, this problem is not relevant to the vast majority of piano players out there, and yes, you got decent action, decent sound, very good action to sound response, good loud speakers that you can count of in small gigs, USB MIDI and line in, and it is light and portable.

After selling it I couldn't find anything as light and portable that can compete with those features and also got speakers which are decently loud. I'm probably going to get a Roland FP60X instead, which is great of course, but significantly heavier. Hopefully the weight difference won't make a huge difference if I'll take it outdoor on a bag with wheels attached, but to be honest, I assume it will simply going to be a tougher work to move it around, but I don't have a choice, anything else on the market around 12 KG has at list one factor which is a deal breaker for me...

Last edited by hag01; 01/27/22 09:11 AM.
M
M
I like the Korg B2 as a plain MIDI-keyboard for my virtual Piano softwares and paired with the separate Korg PU-2 pedal unit. - Just the corners of the white keys are not rounded smooth enough in my opinion. But maybe I just got a monday model.

O
OU812 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Myon
I like the Korg B2 as a plain MIDI-keyboard for my virtual Piano softwares and paired with the separate Korg PU-2 pedal unit. - Just the corners of the white keys are not rounded smooth enough in my opinion. But maybe I just got a monday model.

Nah, I've noticed the key edges too. Minor annoyance.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Onkyo’s bankruptcy and effect on Kawai Novus?
by fauxbourdon - 05/18/22 09:16 AM
Thoughts on sight reading practice
by BlizzardPiano - 05/18/22 04:56 AM
RIP Alexandre Toradze
by BeeZee4 - 05/17/22 10:20 PM
RIP Minoru Nojima
by BeeZee4 - 05/17/22 10:05 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,126
Posts3,192,487
Members105,304
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission