2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
73 members (alexii, bob@pei, 36251, BravoRomeo, Bill McKaig,RPT, BlackKnight, Animisha, 16 invisible), 756 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
kaaka Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello, I own CA 95 . I just need a very high-quality recording and video so he can hear himself.

I need your advice

1. VST midi and camera (or iphone)
2. microphone and camera.( zoom h6 and iphone )
3. Iphone + zoom iQ6.( is it necessary to buy zoom IQ6)
4. record into ca95 render mp3 + iphone.
and blad blad....

So number 3 , 4 maybe economical. I also have the samsung and I will exchange it for the iphone. because most people rate iphone have very high-quality recording and video LOL.

T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Most people like myself are not professional musicians. I use a Canon Powershot pocket camera on a tripod for video recordings. The audio isn't too bad. Some people would use higher quality computer mic like Yeti from Blue.

The Yamaha P-125 I got recently I can use the line-out to a computer and record the sound with a program like Audacity or WavePad. For just sound recording I can connect the keyboard to a computer directly with an USB cable without having to use an external recording device or a mic.

D
D
I use a USB condenser mic attached to my iPhone for video recording. I could record directly on my Yamaha P515 also, however, I like the natural room reverberation sound that gets picked up when I use the condenser mic. I got it from Amazon for around $99 and I bought a connector from Apple for $29 to connect it to my iPhone

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello kaaka,

Originally Posted by kaaka
Hello, I own CA 95 . I just need a very high-quality recording and video so he can hear himself.

I need your advice

1. VST midi and camera (or iphone)
2. microphone and camera.( zoom h6 and iphone )
3. Iphone + zoom iQ6.( is it necessary to buy zoom IQ6)
4. record into ca95 render mp3 + iphone.
and blad blad....

So number 3 , 4 maybe economical.

Of the options on your list, 4 (USB audio recorder to MP3 file) will produce the best quality recording.
However, the very best is to use the USB audio recorder but save as an uncompressed WAV.

The volume level may be a little low, but Normalising in an audio editor should leave you with a good sounding, high quality recording. If your ultimate goal is to produce performance videos for uploading to YouTube etc. the audio captured in this way can easily be swapped into a video shot on a smartphone etc.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Of the options on your list, 4 (USB audio recorder to MP3 file) will produce the best quality recording.
However, the very best is to use the USB audio recorder but save as an uncompressed WAV.

The volume level may be a little low, but Normalising in an audio editor should leave you with a good sounding, high quality recording.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

+1. !!!!!!

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
R
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
After years of searching for the best(ish) quality audio and video, on a budget, and simple to use without having to sync audio to video in an external program, I have finally come up with the following:

DP > audio interface > Windows 10 PC

Free OBS Studio for audio/video recording, using either a high quality webcam, or for better video quality now using the app Droidcam OBS (very cheap for HD version) this app allows me to use my Samsung phone as a wired or wireless camera, for high quality video.

for VST's I run an output from Cubase into OBS Studio (this does require a few extra steps to get ASIO into OBS)
Or, a VST with a standalone player can be routed into OBS.

Rob
K
kaaka Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by danno858
I use a USB condenser mic attached to my iPhone for video recording. I could record directly on my Yamaha P515 also, however, I like the natural room reverberation sound that gets picked up when I use the condenser mic. I got it from Amazon for around $99 and I bought a connector from Apple for $29 to connect it to my iPhone
Originally Posted by thepianoplayer416
Most people like myself are not professional musicians. I use a Canon Powershot pocket camera on a tripod for video recordings. The audio isn't too bad. Some people would use higher quality computer mic like Yeti from Blue.

The Yamaha P-125 I got recently I can use the line-out to a computer and record the sound with a program like Audacity or WavePad. For just sound recording I can connect the keyboard to a computer directly with an USB cable without having to use an external recording device or a mic.

Yes , it's ok. Usd only one devices for audio and video so easier. And use smatphone, camera or micphone not best quality recording but IMO narural , more realistic , the live sound..
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello kaaka,

[quote=Kawai James]Hello kaaka,

The volume level may be a little low, but Normalising in an audio editor should leave you with a good sounding, high quality recording. If your ultimate goal is to produce performance videos for uploading to YouTube etc. the audio captured in this way can easily be swapped into a video shot on a smartphone etc.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thanks James so much. Numer 1, 2 are quite complicated ,
cables conncect to PC, laptop.
Number 3 ,4 better.

If your phone has a USB-C port, it should be possible to connect a compatible audio interface to it directly.

Then you just need to connect the CA95's Line Outs to the audio interface and the audio will be captured by the phone in high quality when shooting video.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
R
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Great advice from Kawai James.

Just to add, that if you are going to mount your phone on a mic stand or similar, it would make it easy to start/stop recording with an inexpensive bluetooth remote button.

Rob
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
If you want to record to a phone while making videos I can recommend a Roland Go: mixer pro. It’s a usb-powered usb-mixer they will work with your phone. It can use the battery from the phone or with batteries. Great little device to get the line out audio directly to the video without editing. ☺️

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Playing freely with other Instruments
by alexii - 05/21/22 10:42 AM
Foreign Piano Store Visit
by Damien PG - 05/21/22 07:53 AM
Yamaha x-series from Hamamatsu
by Ek81 - 05/21/22 07:21 AM
My brain!!
by Animisha - 05/21/22 06:57 AM
Heavy touchweight on Yamaha upright?
by Caesar - 05/20/22 08:40 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,165
Posts3,193,342
Members105,330
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission