2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
74 members (Buzz209, brennbaer, 13bwl, Brinestone, bob@pei, Beachbum1962, 16 invisible), 847 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
My latest free piano library has been released on Pianobook. I recorded this Italian concert grand with 10 microphones and it's worth a download. Kontakt and SFZ formats are included.

Thanks to those on this forum and that 'other one for helping me test and providing feedback.

Enjoy.

https://www.pianobook.co.uk/packs/the-experience-fazioli-f308/

Last edited by Dore; 01/12/22 09:41 PM.

1928 Mason & Hamlin Model A
You can play it as a free VI along with my Fazioli F308 library HERE
Buy me a coffee if you like it.
U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Wow.

I have just played 5 minutes with it, but I have to say, quite impressive. Unlike some other free piano's I tried, it seems quite balanced and very playable, amazing low end as well. The velocity's seem to be well done. This is no amateur job, it sounds good, is playable, and it has a good dynamic range. Higher keys seem slightly out of tune, but that's not something that puts me off at all.

I like to play the audience mode, and turn down the close mics to make the piano less attackey.

I didn't even try the head tracking mode yet, but so far I'm impressed. It's not like I have played them all or anything, but this must be competing for best free piano.

Congratulations on this awesome work!

J
J
Just tried the sfz versions that run on the free Plogue Sforzando Player and agree with WOW assessment.
The Audience Perspective version is remarkably good - just absolutely great - I feel like I've been given the privilege of playing on this amazing Fazioli. This is definitely going to be my go to piano for the forseeable future. Thanks so much Dore for all the work you put into this.

D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
So if I might ask a favor for those who like the library - please leave me a review/rating on Pianobook. It'll help raise my ranking.

Oh, and if there any specific issues or questions you'd like me to answer, DM me here as I'm not always looking on the forums.

D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
Oh, and I forgot to link the intro video. You can get a sense for the piano sound at the beginning of the video. Bear in mind this is a video linked on the Pianobook community, which are mostly producers. I had to oversell the VR aspect in the video.

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Originally Posted by Dore
So if I might ask a favor for those who like the library - please leave me a review/rating on Pianobook. It'll help raise my ranking.

Done! thumb

The least I could do, in return for this very nice free piano.

I will look into the head tracking mode later on.

V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
Done...

R
R
I must say this is very interesting.

It sounds really good. The sound keeps getting away from me, but I think that is just me.

I would love to see the more experienced players give this a shot and tell us what they think.

Ron.

U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
I own an arsenal of payed libary's that I consider the best available, and I think I'm quite picky about it, but this one actually got a spot on my home screen, which is a first for a free piano. The way you recorded the audience perspective of this exquisite piano gives a really pleasing sounding result, I would sure try to remember or write down exactly how you did that.

Dore did you ever think of making more than a hobby out of this? It seems to me you have the skills. I think if you could up the game just some more in the playability departement, (which I think is already very good for a free piano) I think you could be on to something. On top of that (even tough I haven't tried it yet) your head tracking option is unique, but promising, very innovative! I can imagine paying for this if the playability was even better, (maybe with some more well balanced layers?) and it was well integrated with some nice player, with some more reverb options and an easy way to enable the head tracking.

K
K
Thanks Dore, I really like it. I'll leave you a positive review.

I was thinking to do an experiment and try to set up player perspective with my surround speakers (without head tracking)
What would you think would be the best way to do this?

I was thinking the best way would be to have one instance for left, one instance for right and one instance for middle and adjust the sliders for each accordingly. Then add an instance of audience perspective room only mic and pan it somewhere in the middle. What do you think?

If that's the best way, could you please explain how the angle sliders work (what the minimum and maximum values do)?

Also, if someone wants to use player perspective in stereo, the correct settings are to have all angle sliders in the middle? Or it it correct the way they are in maximum?

D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
Originally Posted by U3piano
The way you recorded the audience perspective of this exquisite piano gives a really pleasing sounding result, I would sure try to remember or write down exactly how you did that.

Dore did you ever think of making more than a hobby out of this? l

This is my standard way of recording. I practiced with my personal m&h many times, optimizing workflow and technique. I built new microphones because my binaural ones weren't doing the trick. The purpose was to be able to go to someone's home, record their piano, and take down the equipment quickly. I only was at the fazioli guys house for a total of 4 hours. Recording more layers would be challenging with this time constraint.

As for making a business, I thought about it, and I don't really want to put in that effort. This may change however. Upping my game one more step as you suggested is difficult because of the law of diminishing returns. I'd love to, but probably won't. Only reason to earn money for me is to recoup my investment in equipment- maybe $800-1000 so far.

Maybe a PayPal link for donations on the YouTube channel.

D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
Originally Posted by karoloydi
Thanks Dore, I really like it. I'll leave you a positive review.

I was thinking to do an experiment and try to set up player perspective with my surround speakers (without head tracking)
What would you think would be the best way to do this?

I was thinking the best way would be to have one instance for left, one instance for right and one instance for middle and adjust the sliders for each accordingly. Then add an instance of audience perspective room only mic and pan it somewhere in the middle. What do you think?

If that's the best way, could you please explain how the angle sliders work (what the minimum and maximum values do)?

Also, if someone wants to use player perspective in stereo, the correct settings are to have all angle sliders in the middle? Or it it correct the way they are in maximum?

Here's how I would do it. Remember that the six mics are aimed at specific directions. They need to be placed as speaker angles (virtually) fairly precisely as I suggested using multi encoder.

Your suggestions about using audience perspective etc won't work well. The virtual speakers need to match the recording angles.

The difference in your setup is that you need to replace the binaural decoder with a multichannel decoder that translates the ambisonic/virtual image into your exact physical speaker locations. AllRADecoder ?

In multi encoder the knobs change the virtual speaker positions
In scene rotator, the knobs rotates the virtual speakers around, ie turn your head
The decoder that you want should allow you input your physical speaker locations.

Hope that helps.

R
R
Well after playing about 3 hours I am definitely going to leave a comment on your page.

I have no idea what a Fazioli sounds like. Have never even seen one, but if this is any indication, it's mighty pretty.

Play-ability turns out to be surprisingly good and the sound is nice and crisp.

For those interested, think, Ravenscroft275 for how clear the sound is. Really sounds like I am playing on a acoustic.

Considering the price, it is well worth a look see and I feel our support.

Ron

D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
Someone wrote a companion app to get the headtracking/VR part working with a webcam. There are different ways of doing this, but this guy made an app that is hopefully easier to set up - I think it requires python.

Guess I'm not the only crazy one.

something wrong with pianobook i couldn't reset my password.
the email confirmation page returns "Page Not Found"

frown

Hard at work while waiting for my dream DP....
D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
Originally Posted by josh_sounds
something wrong with pianobook i couldn't reset my password.
the email confirmation page returns "Page Not Found"

frown

Others have mentioned to me firewall problems, such as firewalls blocking the uk extension. Or possibly use another browser by cut and pasting the url?

D
D
I have a dumb question, being new to VST technology. I have a Yamaha P515 - do I still need to get Kontakt to be able to install the Fazioli or can I just run your program on my PC and hook up my piano?

D
Dore Online Content OP
OP Online Content
D
Originally Posted by danno858
I have a dumb question, being new to VST technology. I have a Yamaha P515 - do I still need to get Kontakt to be able to install the Fazioli or can I just run your program on my PC and hook up my piano?

To use the Kontakt version, you would need the full version of Kontakt. Unfortunately, I would have to pay Native Instruments royalties if I made it compatible with the free Kontakt player.

So to provide the ability for free, I decided to make an SFZ version. You plug your piano into a computer, download Sforzando, install, and open the sfz file.

Note, that there are pros and cons to the different versions. Kontakt version has better velocity layer transitions, but the Sforzando version has better half pedaling.

D
D
Thanks - I’m not averse to buying some software. I’ll probably try both. I’ve been planning on a new laptop anyhow because I wanted to try out some virtual pianos. Once I get all set up I’ll try out your fazioli and leave a comment on the website for you

Regards

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES520 Teardown
by KawaFanboi - 05/20/22 01:00 PM
My Kawai RX3 finally started to sounds like Kawai
by Joonsung - 05/20/22 12:52 PM
I need some advice
by Lúthien - 05/20/22 12:23 PM
Harmonization by pentatonic chords
by Nahum - 05/20/22 06:25 AM
Studio Grand from XLN audio for 62€
by klausi6 - 05/20/22 06:23 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,158
Posts3,193,155
Members105,328
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission