2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 4 invisible), 1,184 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
V
I have a snake. Californian king snake... almost 22 years old! Got it when I was a kid and into snakes.

I hate cats though, and everything they symbolise. I don't think Elton John would tolerate them.

Last edited by Visalia; 04/20/20 11:47 AM.
OP Offline
Sheba has just celebrated her third birthday... where does the time go?!? She has indeed blossomed into a truly stunningly example of the breed. Sheba is positively huge, (weighing in at 110 lbs, standing a very statuesque 30" at the shoulders, and sporting a massive 37" chest circumference) although a kinder, gentler, snuggly/cuddly, spoiled, oversized lap dog/couch potato does not exist anywhere in this universe! Here's a few pics from Sheba's special day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by camperbc; 09/02/20 05:06 AM.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

- Casio (Casiotone) CT-S300 - 2020
- Casio (Privia) PX-870BK - 2019
- Casio (Casiotone) CT-680 - 1990
- Yamaha (Portatone) PS-25 - 1983
- Yamaha (Portasound) PS-2 - 1980
A
A
[img]http://forum.pianoworld.com//ubbthreads.php/galleries/3025995/our-dog.html#Post3025995[/img]

Our German Shepherd Lexie. Now 2.5 years.

Hm... Somehow I don't seem able to post a pic.

Last edited by Ajax69; 09/17/20 01:50 PM.

Peter
--------------------------------
Yamaha U1 (sold) / Kawai CS11 / Kawai ES-120 / Hammond XK-3c
Working on: PCA Beginner Course and
Tim Richards - Improvising Blues Piano
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ajax69

Lexie is beautiful!! Sheba says "Howdy!"

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

- Casio (Casiotone) CT-S300 - 2020
- Casio (Privia) PX-870BK - 2019
- Casio (Casiotone) CT-680 - 1990
- Yamaha (Portatone) PS-25 - 1983
- Yamaha (Portasound) PS-2 - 1980
How much sweetness in one topic! What beauties they are all! I adore absolutely all animals since childhood. Probably that's why I became a veterinarian and I consider it my duty to go out even hopeless in the opinion of many other animals. By the way, music contributes to the treatment of not only people but also animals. I read about it once in an article about the influence of classical music on dogs. And then I checked on my patients. Dogs, by the way, are very fond of Beethoven and Chopin. And cats prefer Tchaikovsky . So even animals have their own preferences in music.

P
P
Classical music makes my dog much more calm than normal. My cats love listening to classical music when they're around! What's interesting is that my husband has created a routine for our pets, he'll use CBD oil for dogs and prepare treats for them, then play the classical music.

W
W
I have a tank of goldfish. I would have kept a dog if my apartment allowed pet

A
A
Two horses seven cats three dogs fourteen koi.

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
I don’t have any pets but the yard is full of wild rabbits, which I love. We even erected two rabbit statues to serve as deities for the wild rabbits. When my friends say I should catch one, I reply that the rabbits are in their natural habitat and should be left alone.

Im not at all happy with outdoor cats. They kill billions of birds and small mammals and carry toxoplasmosis, a brain parasite. Somehow cats get a pass. It is something that I will never understand.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by LarryK; 12/23/21 04:42 PM.
N
N
One spolied African Grey Parrot, and ten ultra-spoiled chickens.

CA99 and loving it.
A Labrador who doesn't understand the word STRANGER or DANGER. He has no alert instincts. He was busy playing in our conjoined yard when a thief ran away with our neighbor's bicycle. He is always ready to give and get snuggles from anyone passing by. We tried to train him and failed multiple times and now we gave up. We love him anyway. He is truly a very happy soul.

M
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
These are our two furballs. They are a pair of Siberian cats - a magpie and a tabby. They were rescued in Moscow and flown on Aeroflot to join us in Amsterdam, and as littermates, they are never found far from each other.

My wife babies them in Russian so unfortunately they don't understand me at all in either English or Chinese, and they just give me these head-tilted quizzical looks like, "what are you jabbering on about?" and "should I poop in your slippers now?"

Here they are lounging on the terrace and also relaxing in their beloved cat-tree.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow that is one heck of a cat tower! I thought about getting one like that but mine is always staring up at the ceiling so I don't want her to think she has access to whatever she's looking at.

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mikekeys
mine is always staring up at the ceiling so I don't want her to think she has access to whatever she's looking at.

Cats most likely don't have the mental capacity for these rather advanced kind of thoughts.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
Originally Posted by camperbc
I was just reading through the thread entitled "Why do pianists like cats so much?" and it got me to thinking... wouldn't it be fun for everyone who has a pet of any kind, (cat, dog, bird, reptile, whatever have you!) to share pics of your critters? (or has this been done on here before?)

Here is our gigantic purebred German Shepherd, Sheba, who recently celebrated her second birthday. She is without a doubt, the biggest, best-behaved, ridiculously-intelligent, most huggy-kissey, oversized lapdog in the universe! When she's not snuggled up tightly with us on the sofa, Sheba loves to sit right beside me at the piano and she watches me play. I swear she's listening to every single note!

[Linked Image]
God, she's so beautiful. I miss my dog Daisy, she passed away 2 years ago.

Now I have 4 cats and many plants. But I want to sell some of the plants cause they are doubling each other.

T
T
Originally Posted by Visalia
I have a snake. Californian king snake... almost 22 years old! Got it when I was a kid and into snakes.

I hate cats though, and everything they symbolise. I don't think Elton John would tolerate them.

Holy cow I didn't know snakes lived that long!

A
A
I have a dog.

S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
I have a cat [LINK]

She is the supervisor of my orchid collection [LINK]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission