2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 13 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Well now, I just got back from my weekly pilgrimage to Costco for copious amounts of fruits, coffee and vegetables.

When I walk in and look around, lo and behold - I spy with my little eye the fine fellow who sold me my Pramberger! He's there representing the company he works for selling Yamahas... not a Suzuki to be seen in the place.

He had a couple small grands, a couple console/uprights and three or four different digitals.

It was nice to see him, but that is the first time I have seen a dealer at Costco. Must work pretty well for them.

Edit: The pianos were in very nice shape, too.

Michael

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Is this a formal relationship Costco has set up with Yamaha? I've seen Costco stock a couple of Yamaha toy keyboards (61 key setups, that sort of thing), but never a real acoustic (or DP, for that matter, although I have seen some on Costco.com).

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
They do seem to have an arrangement with Yamaha for road shows at many of the Costco's. They come to our local Costco a couple times a year, and they are from the local Yamaha dealer.

Estonia L190-6783
I actually once asked them about Suzuki, because they're on Costco.com, and the salesman just chuckled and made the standard comment of why you wouldn't want to actually play the piano before buying it.

Estonia L190-6783
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by squonk:

They do seem to have an arrangement with Yamaha for road shows at many of the Costco's. They come to our local Costco a couple times a year, and they are from the local Yamaha dealer.
Yipee! Does that mean valued shoppers will soon be able to buy Bösendorfer from Costco too?

Just think of the price club's "everything super-sized" business model, you'll be able to buy a 97 key Bösendorfer for the price of 88! laugh

The local Yamaha dealer was at a Costco in the Twin Cities a while back as well (around the holidays, as I recall). As I recall, they had a P600, a U-1, a GC-1, a C-2 and a 5'3" Disklavier. The dealer looked nervous and impatient with kids crawling over the instruments (notwithstanding the signs).

Mason & Hamlin A (2006); Yamaha P140
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Originally posted by squonk:

Yipee! Does that mean valued shoppers will soon be able to buy Bösendorfer from Costco too?

Just think of the price club's "everything super-sized" business model, you'll be able to buy a 97 key Bösendorfer for the price of 88! laugh
Yes. I have played a Bösendorfer and a couple of Estonias in one of our local Costcos. Costco appears to negotiate a price and give or rent floor space to local dealers. You didn't even have to buy a six-pack. The acoustics were terrible though.

Ted

QUOTE] The acoustics were terrible though.

We have done a number of these promotions, and yes the accoustic pianos sounded bad. I think it may have something to do with being placed in the freezer section! laugh

My feet are still cold from the last one. eek

Dennis C.
Piano Store Operator,
Former District Manager,
20 Year Industry Experience

"Tell the truth, honor God, and make money!"
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Don't they sell Estonias at Costco too?

Kenny Blankenship
Selling anything anyone will buy as the "Walmartizisation of the industry continues. (Still making a fair living and still having clients like me)
F
F
Originally posted by Always Wanted to Play Piano:
Is this a formal relationship Costco has set up with Yamaha? I've seen Costco stock a couple of Yamaha toy keyboards (61 key setups, that sort of thing), but never a real acoustic (or DP, for that matter, although I have seen some on Costco.com).
For a brief time a year or two ago, a Yamaha rep was at a local Sam's Club demonstrating Clavinovas.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sounds like it is more of a local thing, set up by individual dealers with local Costco's.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
They actually have.

But you may have to bring them into the store first with another little tease...

Norbert wink

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission