2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
78 members (Aachen, BobTB, AJB, 8ude, brennbaer, bobrunyan, anamnesis, 36251, 17 invisible), 934 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3179708 12/23/21 10:35 PM
G
goodloe Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm excited to welcome this early 90's Bösendorfer into my home this fall!

I posted about the Baldwin L I purchased last year, and I was happy with it.. but a friend's connection put me in touch with this marvelous piano. It was a trophy purchase for a multimillionaire's living room, and after she passed it came into my home - I was made an offer I couldn't refuse! I'm told it was hardly played and I believe it from the condition. There's hardly any evidence of use on the hammers. It's very bright and I'll be more excited once my technician has her way with it smile

I didn't think I would have the chance to own an instrument like this. There's hardly any mention of the 213 online, mostly in this forum, and I'm still digging for clues. It has 92 keys and the most marvelous middle-upper treble with an unreal sustain of the notes. I suppose the closest descendents are the 214VC and the 225.

It's very different from most of the pianos I have played - I've only played a handful of Bösendorfers at the NAMM show and on a couple of fun gigs. It has an insanely refined action that shows every nuance.. and all of my flaws!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pianist, composer, arranger
http://www.goodloe.org

Bosendorfer 213, Yamaha GranTouch DGT2IIXG + PianoTeq, Nord Electro, Casio Privia PX-5s
past: Baldwin L, Yamaha C7, P80, P90, Kawai NS-20, MP8, Doepfer PK88, Roland FP-4, Kurzweil MIDIBoard, Rhodes MKII suitcase 73
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Hearty congratulations! What an unusual find.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a model 213– it’s weird to see the plate covering the pinblock, and the use of tuning pin bushings.
Please post a recording sometime! Also have your tech (or you, if you know how) give the inside of that piano a good dusting…

Pianist, teacher, apprentice technician, internet addict.
Piano Review Editor - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
G
goodloe Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Once it's tuned again and voice to be more mellow I will definitely post a recording.

And yes, it was very unusual -- just figuring out what I had found was a bit of research!

And thanks! Diamond in the rough, or "unicorn" as the tuner who prepped before my purchase said..

Bosendorfer 213, Yamaha GranTouch DGT2IIXG + PianoTeq, Nord Electro, Casio Privia PX-5s
past: Baldwin L, Yamaha C7, P80, P90, Kawai NS-20, MP8, Doepfer PK88, Roland FP-4, Kurzweil MIDIBoard, Rhodes MKII suitcase 73
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Congratulations, a wonderful piano! Why is the piano model so unusual? Is it quite old or were only a few made that size?

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.In other words a hymn.That is all, but that is enough.Life goes on, despite pain and fear.Music is beautiful,life is beautiful.

G
goodloe Offline OP
OP Offline
G
tre corda,

Based on my research there are a few reasons:

1) Bosendorfer only makes a few hundred pianos a year, making any Bosendorfer relatively unusual, especially a larger one
2) The 213 was only manufactured for a relatively short period (possibly as early as the 1970's, no later than ~1998)
3) There were other models that were of similar size (225 et al) which ultimately led to this model being redundant and of less interest

I read that this model was designed to compete with the Steinway B and was voiced brighter than the traditional Bosendorfers. I've also read at least one tech's post that commented on the "disaster" that was the model 213 in terms of its design. I find it all really interesting -- fortunately I think once it's fixed up it will be a fine instrument.

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha P-125 String Resonance
by Petzold - 07/06/22 09:50 AM
Piano saver system? does everyone use this?
by NJ_Piano_Mom - 07/06/22 09:00 AM
Future-proof-ness of a silent acoustic grand
by Falsch - 07/06/22 08:03 AM
Haessler
by PianistEsq - 07/06/22 12:05 AM
Garritan CFX sustain problem
by mwf - 07/05/22 11:29 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,826
Posts3,205,802
Members105,732
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission