2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Olie222 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I'm looking for a floor mounted triple pedal setup with half pedalling support that's compatible with a Yamaha P515.

The only pedals I know of that are compatible are the single Yamaha FC3 and FC4 pedals and the stand mounted LP1 pedals.

Short of purchasing a set of LP1 pedals and converting them to be floor mounted are there any other options?

If anyone knows how the pedals are wired then I don't mind getting a little creative making an adapter.

Am I right in thinking that each pedal in the LP1 has a potentiometer attached to it?

C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Olie222
Short of purchasing a set of LP1 pedals and converting them to be floor mounted are there any other options?

Those are more difficult.

Originally Posted by Olie222
Am I right in thinking that each pedal in the LP1 has a potentiometer attached to it?

Possibly/probably just the sustain pedal has a potentiometer and the other two are just switches.

Maybe you can make the Fatar VFP3-D work with some modifications?

http://www.fatar.com/Pages/VFP3.htm

[Linked Image]

Myself, I'd just get the Yamaha triple pedal and do a mechanical hack instead of an electrical hack.

J
J
it's worth noting that the aux input for a single sustain pedal (ie. the supplied pedal with the unit) is standard 1/4 inch, but the dedicated LP1 3-pedal unit has a completely separate (and different type of) input - look at p. 19 of the manual

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1439437/Yamaha-P-515.html?page=19#manual

this suggests to me that cencmp's suggestion of a mechanical hack on the Yamaha LP1 3-pedal unit rather than an electronic hack on a different brand might be a safer option

the LP1 doesn't require the upright bars that connect to the piano - they are separate from the cable - and making a base for the LP1 to sit on the floor would be possible (making it look beautiful might be another matter)

good luck

Last edited by jackopiano; 12/07/21 03:14 PM.
O
Olie222 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks for the replies.

The LP1 looks to have a couple of large rubber feet screwed to the underside of it so depending on how sturdy the mounting holes are I'm hoping these can be used to help mount it to a base.

I think I'll order an LP1 and have a play, at least once I have them I can work out how they work electronically and if I'm not successful physically adapting them then I'll look at adapting some others to work electronically.

O
Olie222 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I've ordered a set of the LP1 pedals and I'll have a play when they arrive.

L
L
Olie222, sorry I did not see your thread. I just got the pedals LP1 and installed them on my piano and I could give you some pictures of the pedal unit. I am not technical but at least you would have detailed pictures.

O
Olie222 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Laara
Olie222, sorry I did not see your thread. I just got the pedals LP1 and installed them on my piano and I could give you some pictures of the pedal unit. I am not technical but at least you would have detailed pictures.

That's very kind of you, thank you.

I found a few decent photos on an old Ebay auction hence knowing about the rubber feet so hopefully I'm sorted and I've ordered the pedals now anyway.

Are the pedals well built and do they work well?

L
L
I like how they work but I am not super expert. The right one work great for me. I think they are very well built.
I would be curious to see what mod you end up with for them to be just on the floor. Good luck!

O
Olie222 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Laara
I like how they work but I am not super expert. The right one work great for me. I think they are very well built.
I would be curious to see what mod you end up with for them to be just on the floor. Good luck!

Glad to hear they sound well built.

If I get anywhere successfully modifying them I'll report back.

Last edited by Olie222; 12/09/21 05:33 AM.
F
F
I'd like to jump in to an oder thread:

Hi, Olie222, hope you still pass by from time to time. I got one of the last P-515 for someone with little space at home. So didn't buy the piano stand and the LP-1, but would like to be able to have all 3 pedals available.

Did you succeed in manipulating the LP-1 in order to use it as a floor mounted (movable) pedal unit? Or did you find another solution? I'd be happy to learn how this experiment went on.

Thanks in advance!

F
F
O, I even didn't realise: There is a new Yamaha FC35 which is exactly what you were looking for: mobile triple pedal for both P515 and successor P525 - and others.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission