2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
39 members (Charles Cohen, DSC, dorfmouse, FarmGirl, clothearednincompo, Alex C, Adem, 6 invisible), 438 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Happy Holidays! Post your recordings here and share your music!

I think of all the holidays, Christmas has inspired the most music, sacred and popular. There are hundreds of pieces to choose from, everything from "Silent Night" to "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer".

Post your recordings here and we'll try to keep the holiday spirit going all the way to the New Year.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
I'll start things off - Tootles and I recorded one this morning. A cool jazz arrangement of "The First Noel" for clarinet and piano. We tried 4 takes - number 2 was the best. I spent about a month working on it, but still stumble here and there. But if you came over to my house today for some cake, this is what we would sound like!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Very nice, Sam! I have Christmas at the Piano book with some easy arrangements. I'll see if I can make a few recordings between now and the New Year. Happy Thanksgiving!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Very nice indeed. Enjoyed the performance. Sounds very sincere particularly with that clarinet. :-)

Search the web privately with DuckDuckGo .
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Very nice, Sam😊. And I didn’t hear any stumbles— Tootles must have had you covered. Enjoy Turkey Day 🦃

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Thanks everybody! The sad truth about collaborative work is that the piano part is always much harder than the instrument part. I wish it weren't so, but I have never found anything that I could learn "quickly", and Tootles can just sight read her part. It's not fair!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
No, it's not fair! Still, it is the instrument that I want to play more than any other instrument. So it is not fair either that you get to play these lovely sounds and Tootles doesn't...

And thank you for the lovely duet!

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S
Tootles can just sight read her part. It's not fair!

Sam
I played violin growing up and haven’t seriously played in years, and I can still sight read violin pieces. Instruments with a single staff are WAY easier to sight read! Piano is much more challenging.

Nice job here! 😍😍😍

Lisa
Chief Cook & Pot Scrubber @ Cunningham Piano Club 🎹
Cunningham Studio Grand & Yamaha CLP645

“There is in all times a secret union of kindred spirits. Bind closer the circle, that the truth of art may shine forever clearer, spreading joy and blessing through the world.” R. Schumann
B
B
That was truly beautiful. Thankyou.🎄

Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Wonderful !

I don't have anything ready but I tried sight-reading some simple Christmas song but the recording have too many mistakes. I will have to practise. If this thread is still active in 2 or 3 weeks, I might upload something.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Here is last year's Christmas recording. When you get to be a certain age, not much changes - I guess we look the same!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sam, you and Tootles sound wonderful! Thank you!

Barbara
...without music, no life...
Originally Posted by Music Me
Sam, you and Tootles sound wonderful! Thank you!

Sam and Laurie are wonderful musicians, and their piano/flute duets are professional quality and, more importantly, very inspiring. I've heard them play together, and separately, many times at the Piano Buddies recitals/events and they are both very inspiring.

Plus, their personalities match their musical abilities!

Sam, I won't tell anyone how much you paid me to say all this... (just kidding, and if Sam had asked me to say it, I would have done it for free:-) smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
To join in the fun, here is a recording of one of my favorite Christmas tunes played on the piano, entitled "Jazzy Jingle Bells". I start out with "Have yourself a merry little Christmas".

I recorded this last year. It is posted to Dropbox, if anyone would like to hear it.

"Jazzy Jingle Bells"

Hope y'all enjoy it! smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Rick, Sam, and Tootles, thanks for sharing! What a nice way to anticipate the holidays!

Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
That was great Rick!

Rick is the real talent - totally self taught, plays everything by ear, writes his own songs and lyrics - he is way ahead of me in natural musical talent!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
That was great Rick!

Rick is the real talent - totally self taught, plays everything by ear, writes his own songs and lyrics - he is way ahead of me in natural musical talent!

Sam

Thanks, Sam! You are way too kind, my friend!

I do enjoy learning to play the piano, and listening to pianists, like you, who really know how! It is friends like you and Laurie, and the other Piano Buddies, that help keep me inspired!

I'm looking forward to our Piano Buddies Christmas event in December! smile

Rick

I recorded another classic Christmas tune on the piano this morning and thought I'd share it here. I always thought the name of the song was "Merry Christmas to You", but the title of the song, made famous by the late Nat King Cole, is actually "The Christmas Song", recorded in 1961.

However, I remember hearing this classic most of my life around Christmas time. In fact, I used to think the title was "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire". smile

Anyway, this is my by-ear rendition, posted via Dropbox. Not that good, but could be worse...

"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole, 1961

Rick

Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
That’s great Rick! The old Baldwin sounds good!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
That’s great Rick! The old Baldwin sounds good!

Sam

Thanks, Sam! I thought the Baldwin sounded pretty good to, for a 5'8" grand. It could use a tuning, and some of the notes sounded a little brightish due to the tuning. I think it sounds very good when all tuned up.

I made a few mistakes, but that is normal for me. I'll polish it up some more before our Piano Buddies event in December.

I'd like to hear some Holiday recordings from others. Will soon be December after one more day... smile

Rick

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
RIP Alexandre Toradze
by BeeZee4 - 05/17/22 10:20 PM
RIP Minoru Nojima
by BeeZee4 - 05/17/22 10:05 PM
Getting comfortable singing and playing
by noamb - 05/17/22 09:40 PM
Chord help please
by Moo :) - 05/17/22 09:35 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,124
Posts3,192,399
Members105,299
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission