2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
66 members (clothearednincompo, 36251, Craig Hair, CianistAndPomposer, almo82, accordeur, Alex Hutor, Andrew E., Curt-S, 13 invisible), 684 guests, and 403 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Online Content
S
Thank you so much Tyschoco and Coati for your very encouraging and helpful comments.

I fully agree where I could work on sections for improvement. I think at the moment all my focus was to just try to play the correct notes as much as possible so musicality has had to take a back seat, but I look forward to trying to improve. Being the first time I've ever tried a piece with polyrhythms and arpeggio runs etc. it could be a while.
Thanks very much again. Really appreciated. 🙂

Kawai ES920, ES8(with engineer)
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Sam S
21. ranjit - The Madman's Circus Did you ever see the movie Freaks from 1932? A pre-code film, uncensored. Disturbing to wimpy modern audiences. Banned in some countries. I was initially repulsed and fascinated, but now I love it. Haven't seen it in years. This would be good film music for it. Excellent improv!
Thank you! That sounds like an interesting film.

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by peterws
Wih a bit more experience under your belt, these impros will come out more logical. if you don't do logical, you're hitting wrong notes with gay (!) abandon and recovering, improvising on the fly as you do. I guess mental improvisation isn't the same as muscle memory impro.
And yet, as with Ted, I feel an empathy and almost a stricture without stricture.
I can see you were not in the best of moods.
Well done. Darn sight better than I could do!
I wouldn't quite say that the notes are random -- I think in this particular improv, a large part of it was intentional. Thank you for listening.

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by MarieJ
21. ranjit - The Madman's Circus
So many exciting possibilities here! It is like a sampler of future works, from the violent all the way to the ethereal. You really gave your fingers - and your piano - quite a workout!
I am glad you enjoyed it!

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Coati
21. ranjit - The Madman's Circus
This sounds like a series of separate ideas, each the kernel of a distinct piece. It settles into the kernel of a piece for a while, testing it out, perhaps getting comfortable or playing it out through a progression of a pattern, before moving onto the next idea, possibly connected with the previous, or contrasting with it, or else wholly new. There's a great variety to these musical ideas, and for coming up with them in succession on the spur of the moment, that is quite impressive. I imagine it must be fun to be able to play this way, bouncing from idea to idea. It seems both a talent and a skill, a difficult one to develop, requiring both good technique and a lot of familiarity with repertoire. As a listener, I find myself thinking I'd like to hear just a handful of these kernels more fully developed, and playing off of each other, rather than moving on between so many so quickly. I think this was at its strongest when one of these kernels developed in a more complex way than a repeated pattern, or when it took an unexpected turn. In any case, well done, and thank you for sharing this.
That is a brilliant way to put it, your post certainly gives me something to think about. It's indeed quite fun, like exploring your own personal cave perhaps. People have asked me how to develop improvisation of this kind, and my usual response is to listen to a lot of music and simultaneously develop your ear to the point where you can approximate something you hear. My ear is still not good, but I feel like I've reached a point where I can convey an idea I come up with on the piano, which is the most important part.

I think there is something almost solipsistic about this kind of improvisation, where you do not care about how a listener would perceive it, or whether it follows convention or not.

Last edited by ranjit; 11/23/21 03:36 PM.
R
R
Some more comments:

01. Greta99 - Two Baltic Waltzes -"Tallinn" and "Vilnius" from "Reflections in Waltz"

Enjoyable and well played. One of the best things about the recitals is exposure to composers and music that are unknown to me. Thanks for submitting this.

02. QuasiUnaFantasia - 10 pieces for piano, opus 24,7: Andantino

Another piece that was unknown to me. Your playing was very musical and you make a great case for this composition.

03. PikaPianist - Nocturne Op. 3 No.2

A typically outstanding performance. It really is beautiful. Thanks for bringing us a great composition by an obscure composer.

04. Sam S - Valse de l'adieu

This was sensitively played and enjoyable to listen to. Great job!

05. MarieJ - Berlin Song

Excellent performance. I particularly liked how you brought out the bass notes, and the chords sounded perfectly blended.

40. OE1FEU (Peter) - Intermezzo b-flat minor Op. 117 No. 2

Beautiful playing and beautiful sounding piano. This could pass for a professional recording.

42. Marlings - Well Tempered Clavier / Prelude and Fugue 6 in D minor

Fantastic job with both prelude and fugue—it sounded flawless. I quite enjoyed this. You’re very advanced for someone who has played 4 years.

45. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Invention No. 8 In F Major, BWV 779

Nicely articulated playing. Great job!

46. Agrajag - Jesus bleibet meine Freude - BWV 147

Great playing. In fact, it’s incredible for someone who has played only a year.

47. facdo - Nocturne in E flat Major, Op.9 No.2

I really enjoyed this—the piece is overplayed for a reason! Quite well done!

L
L
Thank you to Serge88, Rachtoven and Coati for listening and kind remarks on my piece.

Continuing to enjoy another fine group of performances:

18. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 9 in F minor (BWV 780) - Bach done beautifully. Well voiced with nice ornaments.

19. Talao - Gnossienne No. 1 - Very musically played. The melody was brought out nicely and the rubato blended seamlessly into the rest of the piece. Good job!

20. winterflower - The Night is Too Long and So Deep - Very pleasant original composition.

21. ranjit - The Madman's Circus - I was prepared to boredom with an improvisation of this length, but kept hearing interesting musical ideas played with what sounded like great skill. You clearly know your way around a piano.

22. stevedoz - Dawn - Welcome to the recitals. You made my day playing this and doing such a marvelous job with it. I'm a huge Pride & Prejudice fan (have the book plus 2 movie versions and a mini-series of it).

23. pianist685 (Constantin) - If I could see yoItu again - Very nice and well played. Thank you for sharing this.

24. vte - Notturno Op 28 No 4 - I'm not familiar with this composer. Thank you for sharing his music. It sounded very nice.

25. Purrblast - Invention in C Major (BWV 772) - Very well played. You played admirably, showing no sign of the recording distractions you mentioned.

27. Ganddalf - Sonata Pathetique, Second movement - The 2nd movement sounded simply beautiful to me. Now there's almost the full set of the Pathetique represented for this recital.

28. Saan Saturday - The Cat and the Mouse - What a delightful piece and very evocative of cat and mouse action.

29. Flygbladet - Sonata Pathetique Mov. 1 - It sounded to me like your hard work on this piece resulted in some impressively beautiful music.

30. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Sentimental Waltz, Op 51 No 6 - I'm glad you chose the romantic interpretation. It made the music come alive.

C
C
Final batch of comments. What a great recital, I enjoyed listening through all of the pieces. Looking forward to next time.

36. tyschoco - Sonatina in F Major, Op 20 No 3
Great job on tackling a stretch piece, there does seem to be a lot to learn from this one. Very well played -- to my ear your control over the varied articulation of notes was particularly strong, and you also had good use of dynamics for phrasing and bringing out melodies. I'm not familiar with this Sonatina, but I enjoyed it. This is a weird observation (on the piece, not your playing), but am I the only one who heard shades of the Mexican hat dance in some of those descending runs in the first movement? The pace (and I'm assuming, the challenge) picks up with the 3rd movement, but you play it very well and confidently. Overall a very energetic and spritely mood, particularly in the last movement. Thanks for submitting it to the recital, I enjoyed listening.

37. lyricmudra - Venetian Boat Song No. 2 (Song Without Words Op. 30, No. 6)
Wow, beautifully played. Very lyrical performance, your dynamics are so expressive and lend a singing, undulating, dreamlike quality to the music that is perfect for this piece. The trills are executed so well, clean and expressive. A pleasure to listen to.

38. CasualPianist123 - Sonata Op. 40 No. 2, 1st Movt
This sounds incredibly technically challenging. Very well done on a great performance. I enjoyed listening -- a great opening that is a slow burn with building tension, which doesn't disappoint when it eventually opens up, hits full stride, and the dramatic fireworks begin.

39. cygnusdei - Fantasia in C minor, BWV 906
I'm a bit out of breath just listening to this, can't imagine performing it. Impressive performance of a challenging piece, at a relentless tempo. It's always a pleasure to hear a properly baroque piece in its full complex and intricate glory.

40. OE1FEU (Peter) - Intermezzo b-flat minor Op. 117 No. 2
Nuanced and expressive performance, your long experience with piano is evident. Very much enjoyed hearing this piece, and I look forward to hearing more of Op. 117, should you submit them in the future.

42. Marlings - Well Tempered Clavier / Prelude and Fugue 6 in D minor
A joy to hear a Bach fugue, and you've provided an excellent performance. The prelude does indeed sound relentless and demanding, but you've executed it well. For the fugue, great separation of voices, and a pleasure to hear them enter in succession and intertwine their melodies into a harmonic whole.

43. CarlosCC - One wave one sea
Great composition. To me this certainly is very evocative of the sea. To me, there's a feeling a vastness and movement here, conjuring images of the open ocean, more so than shoreline. Perhaps a long passage on a sailing vessel.

44. selfishplayer - Variatio 8 from Goldberg Variations
Very challenging piece, performed admirably. With the hugely demanding tempo here, it would understandably be frustrating to be bumping into the limits of your instrument, and having the action keeping you back. At the same time, it must be gratifying to have advanced to work on such challenging pieces that you're running into these limits. As you say, if you wanted to spend more time on this one there may be areas to work on (possibly evenness of rythym between the voices, and more separation of them). Quite an achievement to have a performaned a piece of this difficulty and with this skill.

45. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Invention No. 8 In F Major, BWV 779
Probably my favorite of the Bach inventions, and certainly the most familiar to me. Well played, an energetic performance.

46. Agrajag - Jesus bleibet meine Freude - BWV 147
Congratulations on your first quarterly recital, I'm happy to have someone else join me in dipping a toe in for the first time. What a fantastic piece to start with as well, iconic Bach. Really well done, and frankly stunning to be playing this piece so well only a year into piano. I find the small fumbles near the end very relatable -- it can be a challenge to get a clean take of a longer piece, and hugely frustrating when you feel you've played well and then make some obvious error near the end. I find that you got the balance of the voices spot on, and am impressed with controlled, steady evenness of tempo throughout. Very well done.

Due to some rather particular circumstances (which I'll avoid getting into), I've heard this specific Chopin nocturne, or parts of it, a lot this year. Multiple times a day for periods probably stretching over a few months. Somehow it's such a beautiful piece of music that it hasn't gotten old. I genuinely enjoy your interpretation. To me, this performance's strengths are crisp articulation, and wonderfully executed trills. This also has a great signing tone for the melody, and some well-taken romantic liberties with timing. To my ear there are a couple of brief moments of rubato early into some phrases where I'm not sure if it's intentional and maybe just a bit overdone, or if there might be some hesitation. I also think that while the phrasing overall is well done, it might have done better to soften the dynamics at the trailing ends of phrases more, particularly in the first half or so of the nocturne where there was a bit less dynamic variation in the performance. I'm really just nitpicking at this point, because you've invited criticism and, as I've mentioned, I am familair from having heard this piece so, so many times this year. Really a wonderful performance of a challenging and nuanced piece, with lots of room for expression which you have made great use of. Again, this was genuinely a pleasure to listen to.

48. Rachtoven - Piano Sonata in C Major K.545 1st Movement
Again, a very well known piece, and for a reason, as it is such brilliant music. The alberti bass section is handled well, keeping steady and in time with right hand's flourishes. You've done really well with this performance, and I enjoyed listening.

49. Pathbreaker - Nocturne No. 3 - Op. 33
I always enjoy Faure's music, and more generally I am drawn to many of the French composers from around the belle epoque, though I'm not immediately familiar with this piece. It's beautiful, and has the sweeping lushness of sound characteristic of late romanticism that I love. You're performance of it is wonderful, and I enjoyed listening.

51. RudolfRSK - Sonetto 47 del Petrarca
A challenging piece well played. This feels like it has a pensive mood to me, developing into perhaps feelings of longing tinged with moments of doubt and trepidation. This makes sense when reading your comments about some of the inspirations Liszt may have had for the piece. I think you've brought out the mood well.

52. P Westberg - Bagatelle Op. 119 No. 1
Welcome, from another newcomer to the recitals. Nicely played, I rather enjoyed your performance. I felt this had a rather orderly classical sound to it, despite being one of his later works.

53. Moo smile - Rondo in D K485
This seems like a difficult and long piece to have taken on, and you've performed it well. Brilliant and elegant music, with characteristic ostinato figures, touches of chromaticism, and surprising and subtle harmonic shifts. I enjoyed listening, thanks for sharing your performance.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Two unique transcriptions:

08. Greener / Jeff - Piazzolla Tango, Medley
I LOVE Tubular Bells, so you (and your skeleton) captured me from the first note. A lot of fun - thank you!

09. peterws - Mozart's 23rd k488 Intro
(I chose the ‘flubless’ version.) Peter, I think your ES110 has given your fingers a new set of wings! This is pure joy. The transcription exercise alone is such an achievement, and then the execution … superb!

And more Mozart:

48. Rachtoven - Piano Sonata in C Major K.545 1st Movement
A universal favourite, that really sparkled with lots of movement and enviable trills.

53. Moo smile - Rondo in D K485
You’ve achieved a lovely singing tone with this challenging piece - a most enjoyable listen.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXIV

My C3 - solace. And joy.
M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
I really enjoyed the Bach inventions. I got almost no love from these when I played them in piano meetup but it's really interesting to hear four different people playing different versions.

Also thanks for the number 13 player. I learnt the piece as an exam piece child and I forgot about it. You inspired me to buy the book.

J
J
04. Sam S - Valse de l'adieu

This type of piece is right up my alley, and I thought the performance was really nice. Thanks for sharing this composer!

09. peterws - Mozart's 23rd k488 Intro

What fun! “...hastily backed out before the key changed.” Love it! Enjoyable to listen to.

10. KevinM - Minuet No. 1 from French Suite in B minor. No. 3

I have recently starting tiptoeing into the French Suites, just a movement here and there that feels doable. Haven’t done a minuet yet. I like this one a lot and you played it very well - good tempo.

11. Ido - Invention 11 (BWV 782)

You chose one of my favorite inventions. I played this a year or two ago but never approached your tempo. So well done - smooth and steady. Your progress is really impressive! Also - thx very much for your comment on my piece; totally made my day!

18. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 9 in F minor (BWV 780)

And here is my other favorite Invention. smile You did a nice job of bringing out the different voices, and the ornaments are coming along well. It felt like it took me ages to get somewhat comfortable with them. Very nice overall!

14. Calavera - Legend of Mana medley

I always enjoy your pieces - and it’s impressive that you adjusted the arrangement too. Really nice performance!

22. stevedoz - Dawn

Welcome to the recitals! I’ve never heard of this composer; it’s a really nice piece. Too hard for you? I didn’t catch a single mistake! Every one of us can find things to improve on. I thought it was a solid performance and enjoyable to listen to.

26. lilypad - The Great Pumpkin Waltz

I love Guaraldi’s music. I thought you did really well with this - nice lilt and flow.

35. Serge88 - Air on the G string

You can’t go wrong with a classic by Bach! I’ve always loved this piece. It’s a nice arrangement too - really enjoyed it.

36. tyschoco - Sonatina in F Major, Op 20 No 3

Stretch piece? I wouldn’t have known - excellently done. The 2nd movement seemed to be lacking in energy a little, but maybe it was by design to contrast with the others. The 3rd movement sounded really well-controlled. Overall I thought it was a great performance!

Thank your for your comments on my piece. You asked about my use of the una chorda. Well...it’s been almost a month since I recorded it, so I don’t remember exactly - but I’m fairly confident I did use it for the softest sections. It’s unclear from your comment if you are for or against it. smile

50. Coati - The Setting Sun

The tempo sounded steady to me - I thought you did a great job with this and I’m glad you submitted even though you were unsure. All levels are represented here!

I appreciate your comment on my piece. Do check out the Walter Carroll pieces! I think you will find some that you can play now or in the near future. They are generally short and there’s a lot of variety.

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Thank you also for the comments. The mozart was a suggestion from someone on piano world, as is many of the pieces I learn, and my teacher said great piece when I mentioned it.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Now some Chopin:

33. jamiecw - Prelude in A Major Op28 No7
That was short - and very sweet. I wouldn’t change anything in your performance.

34. sandalholme - 4 Mazurkas Op24
Your delightfully clear and delicate touch was just right for these pieces. Flawless - perfection!

What an expressive and polished rendition of a deservedly-popular composition. Facdo, that was beautiful!

Scriabin preludes:

12. JJHLH - Prelude in B major Op 27 No 2
I’ve never heard this gentle Scriabin prelude before - it ended too soon for me. Well done!

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Preludes Op 11, Nos 9 & 17
Nicely played, Ellen. I wasn’t familiar with these two works either, so thanks for introducing them here.

And Sibelius:

02. QuasiUnaFantasia - 10 pieces for piano, opus 24,7: Andantino
The composer is well known, but I haven’t heard this piece before. A sensitive interpretation; your love of the music shines through.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXIV

My C3 - solace. And joy.
S
Online Content
S
[quote=lilypad]

22. stevedoz - Dawn - Welcome to the recitals. You made my day playing this and doing such a marvelous job with it. I'm a huge Pride & Prejudice fan (have the book plus 2 movie versions and a mini-series of it).

Thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoyed it. We must have every Jane Austen book, film and series in the house. I think she was an extremely gifted writer.
Watching the 2005 film with this piece as the title music is very magical too, when you can hear it played by Jean-Yves Thibaudet. He gives the piece an auro that I could never hope to replicate but I've really enjoyed learning it. Thanks again.

S
Online Content
S
JB_PW

22. stevedoz - Dawn

Welcome to the recitals! I’ve never heard of this composer; it’s a really nice piece. Too hard for you? I didn’t catch a single mistake! Every one of us can find things to improve on. I thought it was a solid performance and enjoyable to listen to.

Thanks for your kind comments!

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by lilypad
21. ranjit - The Madman's Circus - I was prepared to boredom with an improvisation of this length, but kept hearing interesting musical ideas played with what sounded like great skill. You clearly know your way around a piano.
I count that as a win! grin I'm happy it was interesting enough to listen to all the way through.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
36 Tyschoco

Sounded great. Piano and the piano-player. You've come a long way and your piano has a nice ring to it. the music sounds hard to me. There's plenty to get your teeth into here, and I enjoyed listening to you.

37 Lyricmudra

This oft played piece will never lose its fascination. No critical comments from me! Very good indeed. You have indeed come a long way.

38 Casualpianist 123A complex work I'm unfamiliar with. One of the joys of coming here is to here new stuff
Very easy on the ear until 2.30 when it beightens up. Splendid job! There are some good here pianists tonight. You're one of 'em!

39 cygnus dei

A complex piece. One of the joys of being here is to experience new stuff. Thx for this but I'd never be able to handle that! Well done. Sounded terrific.

40 OE1FEU

Your piano doesn't sound old at all. A wonderful sounding piece well worth a listen! And so nicely done.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
42 Marlings

Super! You played . . .relentlessly. It's a real effort and achievement to get through this great sounding music. Well done!

43 CarlosCC

Amazing what you hear by the sea . . .one can visualise anything there. this appears deeply meaningful; nostalgic, somewhat sad. Perhaps personal; it evokes personal memories of my father who was an ex-merchant seaman during the war. Good work.

44 Selfish player

What Kawai do you have? Maybe you just need to slow up a bit and enjoy the music a tad more. You play accurately, but just a little too fast imo. I still enjoyed it though, and the piano sounded nice.

45 Bsharp(C)yclist

So much Bach, and I can see why I think (at my age) I'd rather listen than play! And it was a darned good listen . .

So much good music . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
A
A
Thank you tyschocho, P Westberg, lilypad, and JB_PW for you very encouraging comments and suggestions on my submission. I am very happy you enjoyed it. Based on your comments, I am glad that some of the points I focused the most while learning this piece (voicing in particular) came through nicely in the recording. laugh I will make sure to introduce some of your suggestions.

Here a new small batch of comments

07. Ted Jones - Croaghaun Triptych (Part 1) This one felt very jazzy. I enjoyed it very much. It set the mood for my Wednesday evening. Thank you for sharing smile

17. JB_PW (Jen) - Mermaid's Lullaby What a lovely piece. It felt very mysterious somehow, like if there was a lot of suspense in the air. I think the style of playing you chose for this piece worked really well. Very tender touch with a very airy sound, you sort of gave the piece plenty o room to breathe. I enjoyed it very much. Good job smile

27. Ganddalf - Sonata Pathetique, Second movement Great job Ganddalf! I deeply enjoyed your submission. This whole sonata is perhaps one of the best pieces of music ever written. It is so cool you decided to work on it. I think you did great with this second movement. Lovely phrasing and chord voicing. I liked the tempo you chose and you managed to be consistent with it all throughout. This was very enjoyable. Are you working on the remaining movements? I would love to listen to them as well. Please keep us posted for future recitals smile PS: I have been diving into Mozart's music lately, and this movement has a very similar/almost identical motif than the second one of Mozart's C minor sonata. I cannot help but thinking now in Mozart's melody when listening to this movement of the Pathetique :P

37. lyricmudra - Venetian Boat Song No. 2 (Song Without Words Op. 30, No. 6) What a tasteful performance lyricmudra! Your playing was superb in this piece, you showed such a good use of dynamics. I liked a lot how you left hand supports the overall direction of the phrase and not just only stays in the background. Your trills were also very well executed. I liked this a lot. Only in a very few spots specially at the beginning when playing very piano, I noticed that the melody got a bit lost/hidden by the accompaniment, so perhaps making the left hand a bit more quieter could help there. But this is just a detail. Great playing! Your piano also has a very lovely sound.

47. facdo - Nocturne in E flat Major, Op.9 No.2 This is a very solid performance facdo! You seemed very much in control of the piece at all times. I loved your ornamentation and the good phrasing you showed us here. I think you also added very nice rubato when called for. It felt like you were playing very freely, enjoying and thinking in the music, and not so caught up on how to play it. This made your interpretation very unique. Awesome stuff smile

Lisztomaniac, inspired adult beginner, Scarlatti fan
Sabel S123 (Tucan), and Kawai CA49. Previously: Casio PX-S1000
What I have been learning
L
L
Thank you JB_PW for your kind remarks on my piece.

My last batch of comments:

31. thepianoplayer416 - Christmas Oratorio #2 - Sinfonia in G (BWV248) - Thank you for a beautiful and impressive arrangement.

32. Pavel.K - Evening Clouds, No.9 from Album de Nina Op. 141 - Thank you for sharing this beautiful discovery. I like the way you brought out the melody.

33. jamiecw - Prelude in A Major Op28 No7 - As merely an appreciative listener, I thought the piece sounded charming.

34. sandalholme - 4 Mazurkas Op24 - Simply lovely. Thank you for treating me to Chopin works that I've never heard before. The second one was my favorite.

35. Serge88 - Air on the G string - Beautiful selection and well played. Your fingers look like they're performing a stately dance on the keys.

36. tyschoco - Sonatina in F Major, Op 20 No 3 - Impressive and enjoyable performance.

37. lyricmudra - Venetian Boat Song No. 2 (Song Without Words Op. 30, No. 6) - Beautiful and very expressively played.

38. CasualPianist123 - Sonata Op. 40 No. 2, 1st Movt - Growing your technical ability by playing a beautiful piece of music. Sounds like the strategy worked. You sounded great.

39. cygnusdei - Fantasia in C minor, BWV 906 - Impressive and beautiful. I understand why you'd suggest it as a recital piece to others and you clearly have the skill to play it well.

Bye for now. Hoping to hear more from you folks in the January Greig themed recital. Gotta go practice Arietta.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!

Free Piano Lovers Newsletter is out now!
Piano News 2021 - 2022!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pratt Reed Grand Piano Action
by Rburt53 - 01/18/22 07:41 AM
Happy birthday, Sam!
by jotur - 01/18/22 06:11 AM
Book Recommendations
by Qazsedcft - 01/18/22 03:53 AM
Novus 5 no "fading effect" after release
by Usheraname - 01/18/22 02:38 AM
Digital pianos - starting time
by JosefPirkl - 01/18/22 01:30 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,202
Posts3,161,733
Members104,057
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission