2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (brdwyguy, Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,905 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VladK Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
The library announcement was already discussed here, and now it is available for purchase. Personally, I will wait for Kontakt version to decide.

Here is e-mail I received:

YAMAHA CFX SAMPLED IN A CONCERT HALL

Today we officially launch to our users and subscribers our best compact library yet: 300 Grand Compact

I am so grateful to our users that supported us over the years that I want to give you the first official notice before making the announcement to the rest of social media in the next couple of days.

300 Grand Compact is a Yamaha CFX 9 foot performance grand sampled in a concert hall.

It is an incredible playing experience. 300 Grand Compact is pure piano tone, rich in harmonics, responsive and rewarding to play.

300 Grand Compact uses Neumann M149 Tube microphones just outside the lid that pickup the majority of the direct sound from the piano and a hint of the acoustic hall in the piano releases. This gives a nice balance of warm piano with a sprinkle of space perfect for most recordings and performances including pop, jazz, classical and sound tracks.

You may have already seen 300 Grand Compact from our website. I got things setup and ready to go earlier in the week before sending out this email.

Early users have given great praise and excellent feedback. I already made some minor revisions to improve the pre-attack, pedal noise and panning balances. All of these updates are available when using the Pulse downloader/installer software.

SALE PRICED $29

SAVE 70% OFF LIST PRICE OF $99

BUY NOW

Upgradable: 300 Grand Compact is upgradable to the soon to be released 300 Grand for Kontakt that features 9 microphone perspectives and up to 36 velocities per note. The full purchase price of 300 Grand Compact will be credited to anyone who updates within the first 30 days of launch.

For more info, videos and audio demos, check out the product page:

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/300-grand-compact/

At only $29, this compact library is an incredible value. I hope you get your hands on the sound and make some great music with it!

Kind regards,

Jason Chapman

Production Voices

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
R
R
I got this because they were practically giving it away.

The full version will require a paid version of Kontakt. Something to keep in mind as that seems very expensive unless I am missing something.

It's another CFX. Not sure where all love love for a CFX comes from.

I am having trouble getting the mids and the high notes to sound at all. I am not sure if its just a setting I need to adjust or if it's because of the one mic placement that comes with the compact version.

The low register is just amazing. Amazing sound.

Very reminiscent of the Ravenscroft, but with an even better base and better reverb or hall settings if you will.

Not sure about the compact version, but I think the full version will give you a run for your money when it comes out. Not sure what the price will be.

if you are looking for a in your living room sound. This is not it.

If you are looking for a big impressive in your face sound. This could be a nice add on.

Ron

Only a couple of hours trying this, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Ron
Kawai CA79

VSL (BÖSENDORFER 280VC, CFX, Steinway D-274), Modern U, Ravenscroft275, Noire, Lounge Lizard EP-4

(Not Used much) Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX, Bechstein Digital, , Auddict_Dorian_Marko, The Grandeur,, 300_Grand_Compact, Pianoteq, Synthology_American_D
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Hello,
Originally Posted by ronlefebvre
if you are looking for a in your living room sound. This is not it.

Thank you for your clear and useful remarks, Ron.

So yes, my main criterium is that 'in your living room' authentic sound, so as I already suspected, it is not for me.

Cheers and happy playing,

HZ

C
C
I'm largely incapable of resisting CFX libraries (I have Garritan, VSL, and Noire), so I bit at $29.

It doesn't have the immediate 'wow' factor of some of the others, but it's a very playable single-perspective library that sounds really good. I've only had a little while to tinker with it, and when I first opened it up I was underwhelmed because there was no reverb/ambience at all. Add it back on, and it's a lovely tone. And of course, for people who dislike the ambience of the Synchron hall, or find it hard to get the Garritan version to sound dry enough, this could be exactly what they're after.

FWIW, what nudged me to buy this was that the purchase price will be credited towards the full Kontakt version if you go for that.

R
R
Hi Craig,

What is your impressions of the mid tones. They sound fine when playing by themselves, but the seem to loose all volume when the low register notes kick in.

Ron

Ron
Kawai CA79

VSL (BÖSENDORFER 280VC, CFX, Steinway D-274), Modern U, Ravenscroft275, Noire, Lounge Lizard EP-4

(Not Used much) Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX, Bechstein Digital, , Auddict_Dorian_Marko, The Grandeur,, 300_Grand_Compact, Pianoteq, Synthology_American_D
C
C
I'll have to pootle around a bit more and get back to you; I *do* think it's slightly bass heavy, but the presets seem to be EQ'd that way! Have you tried dialling the low-end gain back a bit (sorry if that's too obvious!)

R
R
Yes and that helps a little but not much. I find myself banging on the keys with my right hand. Not good.

Ron

Ron
Kawai CA79

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
To me, the demos sound like another Garritan. Since they may have simulated una corda for the full Kontakt version, I'll happily watch the discussion and not spend money on this... smile

Well, after reading this thread and listening to their demo sounds, I caved in. I was not expecting much, but I was happily surprised by how I liked it.

Thanks for your feedback CraiginNZ.

Sordess

Sordess
Kawai CA79
Pianoteq web client - https://github.com/robert-rc2i/ptq-client-webapp
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CraiginNZ
FWIW, what nudged me to buy this was that the purchase price will be credited towards the full Kontakt version if you go for that.

Within the first 30 days of launch of the big library, according to the email from Jason. That said, I'm also tempted by the 300 Compact Grand. Sounds great and better than the compact versions of both the PV Concert Grand and Production Grand.

I got the Concert Grand Compact at the same introduction price, but later got the Concert Grand LE, which I like. When libraries are in the $200-300 range, it doesn't make much difference cutting off $29, but getting the compact one can give you an indication if you will like the full version or not.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission