2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
73 members (An Old Square, 36251, BravoRomeo, Animisha, Ben T., benz-tech, 8ude, brdwyguy, Abdol, AlphaBravoCharlie, 17 invisible), 724 guests, and 464 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
OP Offline
N
Does a height adjustable bench comes with a kawai gx piano? I noticed that gl pianos comes with a regular non adjustable non cushioned bench.

Also, does the piano come with some piano pieces collection? I already have a huge library of piano sheet music so it doesn’t really matter but it’s nice to know grin

2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I think it very much depends on the reseller. Some offer packages including a bench, other don't. I did not get a piano pieces collection when I bought my Kawai VPC1.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
If you want a better bench than the one that is usually supplied for a given piano, ask the dealer for an upgrade. Hopefully, they will only charge you the difference in prices between the two benches.

j&j Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I’d be interested to find out. I would guess the adjustable artist benches come with the Shigerus, but I don’t know what comes with a GX. Yamahas CX’s come with a felt keyboard cover, a dusting mitt, and a care booklet. The non-adjustable bench is foam padded and has storage. My Estonia came with an adjustable Jansen bench and a lid pillow. You could possibly trade up to an adjustable bench. Best Wishes

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
The reason I’m old and wise is because God protected me when I was young and stupid.
[Linked Image]
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Kawai advertises that the GX BLAK series comes with a padded adjustable bench, look at the paragraph titled enhancements at the bottom of this page. It's not clear whether all GX pianos are the BLAK model or if that's some kind of upgrade, it seems like they are on the Kawai website but I can't tell for sure. I think Kawai Don explained what the BLAK means but I don't remember.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by dogperson
Yes that's the thread, and I'm embarrassed to say it was me who asked the same question 10 months ago. It's still not clear to me after rereading that thread whether in North America there are plain GX pianos and GX BLAK pianos. Here is Don's relevant statement from that thread:
"The GX pianos were introduced in North America January 2010, with the GX BLAK series still only sold in North America."
That sounds like there are two versions of the GX, with and without the BLAK enhancements.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10
N
OP Offline
N
But the artist bench is only mentioned in the US website, which is why I’m not sure what bench I’m getting.

Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NightShade
But the artist bench is only mentioned in the US website, which is why I’m not sure what bench I’m getting.

Why don’t you ask your dealer? If you want an adjustable bench, and it is not included, ask if you can upgrade.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
K
kre Offline
K
Originally Posted by j&j
I’d be interested to find out. I would guess the adjustable artist benches come with the Shigerus, but I don’t know what comes with a GX. Yamahas CX’s come with a felt keyboard cover, a dusting mitt, and a care booklet. The non-adjustable bench is foam padded and has storage. My Estonia came with an adjustable Jansen bench and a lid pillow. You could possibly trade up to an adjustable bench. Best Wishes

My Shigeru did not include bench from Kawai, but the dealer will provide one free of charge (haven't got it yet). When I bought Yamaha C3 10 years ago, I had to pay for bench. So I guess it is totally up to dealer.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by kre
[quote=j&j. So I guess it is totally up to dealer.

Well yes, but 'No stool, no sale' might be an effective bargaining position.

Sauter Alpha 160, Yamaha N3 Avant Grand, Sauter Studio Upright (1974)
j&j Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I think an artist’s bench comes with the Yamahas CF series. I think I heard that when I tried the CF4. But then, knowing how I piano shop, I always ask which bench comes with the piano I’m looking at. After all, the bench is a vital part of the purchase.

That’s always been a problem for me playing onstage. It’s uncomfortable for me to play standing.

J & J
The reason I’m old and wise is because God protected me when I was young and stupid.
[Linked Image]
Online Content
Some very expensive pianos used to not automatically come with any bench included at least in the SMP prices listed in the Piano Buyer. It was amusing to see a piano who SMP was 100K+(and this was quite a few years ago) with a note at the top of the list saying "Bench not included". I guess it's possible that for those makes the wholesale prices Larry Fine used to calculate SMP just didn't include the bench for some reason even though I assume one got a bench if one bought the piano. It's possible that the above situation no longer exists.

V
V
I bought a Sauter Omega 220 which came with a bench designed and built by Sauter to match the piano.

VuongMinh Duc
j&j Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Vuong
I bought a Sauter Omega 220 which came with a bench designed and built by Sauter to match the piano.

According to a few Sauter fans on the Piano Forum, I would expect nothing less with a Sauter Omega 220! You have a really nice grand piano.

J & J
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by j&j
Originally Posted by Vuong

According to a few Sauter fans on the Piano Forum, I would expect nothing less with a Sauter Omega 220! You have a really nice grand piano.
I am sure it is part of what you pay for.For some reason I thought I read in a thread that Vuong sold his Sauter Omega? Perhaps it was someone else?
I believe that model Sauter is quite something! Coincidentally I saw a Sauter grand today, it was much smaller than the semiconcert though.

My piano's voice is my voice to the great unknown, out there..in other words a hymn.That is all but that is enough.

Just sold my old C2 and am thinking of replacing it with a CBechstein124, Schimmel K132 or a YUS5.
J
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by kre
Originally Posted by j&j

My Shigeru did not include bench from Kawai, but the dealer will provide one free of charge (haven't got it yet). When I bought Yamaha C3 10 years ago, I had to pay for bench. So I guess it is totally up to dealer.
At least in the US, Shigerus come with a bench designed by Jansen for Shigeru. On the turnknobs the SK logo is present. This bench is a pneumatic design as opposed to the screw knob artist bench otherwise they are exactly the same bench.

Working on:
Preludio: Bach/Rachmaninoff E Major Sonata for Violin
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
The company is very easy to ask. Online, by phone, in person. Maybe it will stop your head from spinning.

I agree that playing a grand while standing up is problematic. Get the good Janssen bench, it will make your piano look more expensive, and getting the seated playing height right is critical for a good, stress-free playing posture. Whatever bench comes with the piano, the dealer can certainly order the one you want. Or, http://www.pianosupplies.com/ , PW's sister site, can place the order for you. They also sell piano lamps, which is the final finishing touch.

I somewhat favor the dealer for the bench order, because the Jansen bench has only four inches of travel (its up-and-down motion). If, trying it out at the showroom, you find that your preferred height is outside this range, you can order the bench with a different size leg than the one it usually ships with, saving yourself about a hundred bucks.

Clef

M
M
My wife and I bought a Kawai GX-2 last summer and it came with a cushioned bench that has adjustable height. It is not a Kawai-branded bench and it is not a Jansen. I think this dealer (Schmidt Music) always includes a bench with a new piano.
Separately, the piano has "broken in" really well over the last year and we are very pleased with it. The Shigeru Kawais are the company's top-of-the-line instruments (with a price to match) so I'm not surprised that they come with a premium bench.

Kawai GX-2
Yamaha P-125
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Kawai pianos come with different accessories for every distributor in the world. It is up to the office which is importing and distributing the pianos whether the piano comes with a bench or not. The warranty is also up to the distributor, so it is different in different parts of the world.
So, asking this kind of question on an international forum like PianoWorld will get multiple confusing answers.
In the US and Canada, there is only the GX BLAK series available. Really, the kawaius.com web site makes this pretty clear I think - no 'other' GX models are listed.

Don Mannino, MPA
Kawai America

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HELP! 1965 Mason and Hamlin BB
by cschuh1 - 12/08/21 10:15 AM
A Steinway that sounds like a Bechstein?
by cygnusdei - 12/08/21 09:55 AM
Piano height
by Dantheboogieguy - 12/08/21 07:57 AM
Another question on monitors
by Ubu - 12/08/21 07:44 AM
Music Books by Glen Rose
by john fh - 12/08/21 05:35 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,444
Posts3,151,437
Members103,556
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission