2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
70 members (btcomm, Ben T., benz-tech, 8ude, brdwyguy, Calavera, Abdol, AlphaBravoCharlie, An Old Square, bobrunyan, 17 invisible), 732 guests, and 447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Just asking smile

and First post here, hello ! laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome to the forum!

I think a logical thing, if going again to buy an slab, could be the Yamaha P-515.

But I went from a DGX660 (which could be said similar piano-wise to P125 and so cousin of P120) to a Kawai VPC1 controller plus several VSTs and an acoustic Yamaha U3H

So... You need to decide by yourself wink

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
B
B
First post here as well. Have enjoyed my Yamaha P120 since 2004. Awaiting delivery of a Casio GP-510. Will write more later once I have some time with it…

A
A
After the P-120 I searched a lot for better actions. I tried all the new Yamahas but was very dissapointed about the action and the durability. So many years I thought the 120 was the better one. One day I tried the VPC-1 in a store and was blown away. So for some years now I am a proud owner of the VPC. For P120 users I can only say that the action of the VPC is a little lighter than the P120. That may surprise some here, because many here find the VPC too hard. But it is still a lot more agile than the really heavy P 120.

Last edited by aphexdisklavier; 10/31/21 06:08 AM.
M
M
I found the P-121 action (don't know how it compares to P-120 though) heavy and did not like the action or dynamics at all. I went to a Roland HP704 and a Kawai ES920. Happy with both.

Steinway M, Roland HP704, Kawai ES 920, Yamaha Reface CP, Casio Tone LK-S250, Pianoteq
D
D
I had a Yamaha P60 up until earlier this year when I switched it for my P515 - could not be happier unless I got a Yamaha CFX or CX3 acoustic

J
J
I'm very happy with my relatively cheap P-121. I have the touch set to soft and it responds nicely.
The sounds of the P-121 and P-125 are however quite limited. The main piano is quite OK but the samples are a bit short in length and there is not much difference in the variations. I mainly plug it into an iPhone to play other pianos and instruments and the ease of doing this (one USB cord for both midi and audio) is awesome.

I
icr Offline
I
Coming from the P-125, I was going for the P-515, but ultimately decided to spend more and go for the Clavinova 745.

The P515 was the obvious choice for me if I needed to move it around, but the idea of having a furniture with better overall structure than the L-515 stand, and way better speakers, closed the deal. I'd actually enjoy the action of something in between the 515 (which is close to an upright piano without damper pedal) and the 745 (more like a grand with damper pedal, a tiny bit light for my taste).

In the end, I'm quite happy with my decision, been playing a lot!

C
C
I had the P-120 for many years until 2016. I was having problems using it, and the keys started to stick and not play well. As such, I bought the Roland FP-30, and I really enjoy playing this keyboard. I also bought the Focusrite 2i2 audio interface and the Pianoteq Standard DAW software with many virtual pianos such as the Steinway Model D and the Petrof 284 Mistral add-on instrument packs. I really like how the keys feel more natural than the P-120. I can use modern software with it. I also use the iPad app called "Forscore," where I can put my sheet music on it without having to use books.

I hope in the future when my income will increase after I am planning to go onto college for the Radiology Technician program with a new career. Once I graduate from the program, pass the licensure testing, and find new employment that I can purchase a better piano that I will really be happy to own and enjoy.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A Steinway that sounds like a Bechstein?
by cygnusdei - 12/08/21 09:55 AM
Piano height
by Dantheboogieguy - 12/08/21 07:57 AM
Another question on monitors
by Ubu - 12/08/21 07:44 AM
Music Books by Glen Rose
by john fh - 12/08/21 05:35 AM
First time vst...need your input
by Tiva - 12/08/21 05:32 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,444
Posts3,151,437
Members103,556
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission