2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith
Anyone have opinions about old, rebuilt pianos? It seems to be pretty common with one-hundred-year old Steinways to have some/most parts replaced and sellers asking for $30,000. There is also a ninety-year-old Heintzman, made in Canada, rebuilt with new new hammers, strings, dampers, pin and key tops. I haven't played it yet in person but it sounded promising on the video.

You know, you really shouldn't ask questions like that as folks like me will crawl out and post photos of our hundred and twenty year old pianos and you'll forget you ever wanted a new piano...yes it really is 120 years old and yes it really is a gorgeous to play as it looks. It's a Model V, rebuilt by SAP of Poland around five years ago and frankly is as good as new but a fifth of the price of a similarly sized new Bechstein.

[Linked Image]

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Jack, that is a gorgeous piano!

A
A
How did this end up Winston? Did you find some smaller fish that you threw back. I might be interested.

Would help to know where you are located as well. Seems you had quite the selection.

j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jack Knuckle
Anyone have opinions about old, rebuilt pianos? It seems to be pretty common with one-hundred-year old Steinways to have some/most parts replaced and sellers asking for $30,000. There is also a ninety-year-old Heintzman, made in Canada, rebuilt with new new hammers, strings, dampers, pin and key tops. I haven't played it yet in person but it sounded promising on the video.

You know, you really shouldn't ask questions like that as folks like me will crawl out and post photos of our hundred and twenty year old pianos and you'll forget you ever wanted a new piano...yes it really is 120 years old and yes it really is a gorgeous to play as it looks. It's a Model V, rebuilt by SAP of Poland around five years ago and frankly is as good as new but a fifth of the price of a similarly sized new Bechstein.

[Linked Image]

Quite a gorgeous piano. A piano’s life is very dependent on where its been and how it was cared for. You are fortunate to have such a beauty.

Last edited by j&j; 10/19/21 05:11 PM.

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia P230
At least half the waiters in Nashville play better than I
[Linked Image]
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Albertan
How did this end up Winston? Did you find some smaller fish that you threw back. I might be interested.

Would help to know where you are located as well. Seems you had quite the selection.
Yes Winston it's very rude to leave us hanging. Have you tried the Estonia (it's October now)? Did you buy the Kawai? What's going on?

Steve Chandler
composer/amateur pianist

stevechandler-music.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/pantonality
http://www.youtube.com/pantonality
W
OP Offline
W
Sorry, I haven't been on this forum lately.

I bought a Yamaha C3X about 6 weeks ago.

And yes, I tried the Estonia L190 (which arrived recently at one of the local shops) and loved it. I wish I had waited before buying the C3X but the L190 would be almost twice as expensive and I don't like it twice as much but I do like it distinctly better, it produces such a gorgeous sound that I like better than the C3X. In fact, I liked it better than the Shigeru Kawai, which was in the same showroom and I had the opportunity to play them side by side. At $70K+ CAD, though, it is over my budget but I'm already getting mentally prepared for my next piano purchase for this kind of money smile

I might do an experience report of my new C3X when I find the time and motivation, if people are interested in that sort of thing.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I might do an experience report of my new C3X when I find the time and motivation, if people are interested in that sort of thing.

Congratulations on your new piano. And, yes, let us know your experience with it!

Jose

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission