2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
I would like to investigate the validity of Julian Bradley / Jazztutorial.com as a dependable source of jazz piano instruction.

I have been receiving emails inviting me to join his site (Jazztutorial.com) and make various other purchases.

His material appears to be very good.

I have also seen his YouTube videos and thought they were good.

However, I have been unable to get him to respond to various emails from his emails to me or support at his websites.

I have also noticed that his main website Jazztutorial.com seems to be down more than it is up.

So …. I am just wondering if someone has any first hand knowledge of him or his websites …. good or bad.

Here is a time when NO NEWS is BAD NEWS … lol ...

Thanks

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
I can't speak to the validity of that site but my site

www.jazzpianoonline.com

is up and running and I'm available to help you.

I've got four full-featured free lessons:

Five Essential Seventh Chords
Easy and efficient method for learning seventh chords
https://bit.ly/2OnP68H

Five Essential Seventh Chords - Tunes
This is a new FREE series showing you how to play seventh chords over standard tunes- new lessons added regularly
https://bit.ly/2Nj9W4m

Improv- The Concept
Goal note method for learning how to improvise a melody line
https://bit.ly/2IymeFh

Major ii-V-I Progression
Everything you need to know about jazz's most important progression
https://bit.ly/2NjPqRj

Lydian Ending
A great sounding ending to any tune
https://bit.ly/2NdXumh

Plus lessons on all aspects of jazz piano playing.

Please give them a try!

Bill
bill@jazzpianoonline.com
www.JazzPianoOnline.com
Online Jazz Piano Lessons
Yamaha C7 Disklavier DC7ENSPRO
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Also look at openstudiojazz.com

Barbara
...without music, no life...
D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by JazzPianoOnline
I can't speak to the validity of that site …..

Join the crowd.

No-one seems to be able to validate his credibility.

Since I started this thread, I have emailed him (from his contact option) on jazztutorial.com and have not received a reply.

I have replied to a sales email he sent to me …. no reply back.

His website …. jazz tutorial.com has been down every day at least once (usually more) and presently (Wednesday 10:12 a.m.) is down again.

I know he has products for sale and youtube videos that are pretty good …. but has anyone actually experienced joining his website (jazztutorial.com) and enjoyed utilizing it for an extended period of time ?

I welcome any comments from those (more than 1 ?) that have.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
L
L
This might be too late, but anyway. The first month's lessons were very good - thorough, clear, well-presented, logical. I signed up for a year at a reasonably reduced rate. Since then, I hardly know what I have received. Some of it I'm sure I already have, but I could be wrong - sometimes it's just something like 'three jazz endings' or 'how to play 'cocktail style'. Or 'try holding down C and playing this chord - it makes a nice sound.'

Anyway, I asked for some clarification on what was happening and what was meant to happen.Seven or eight emails later still no reply. Meanwhile I was getting emails asking me to endorse the program, or to provide feedback or to join a 'video marketing' campaign.

Fed up and discovering this forum which showed others in the same boat, I gave in and e-mailed to cancel the year's subscription.

Almost by return I had an answer. A brief apology for the difficulties and a full refund.

A shame - he seems personable, a good, patient teacher, the initial course was substantial and well-structured. I suspect they are having dificulties with their site and perhaps haven't thought through how things should be structured through a full year

D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by lionelmark
This might be too late, but anyway. The first month's lessons were very good - thorough, clear, well-presented, logical. I signed up for a year at a reasonably reduced rate. Since then, I hardly know what I have received. Some of it I'm sure I already have, but I could be wrong - sometimes it's just something like 'three jazz endings' or 'how to play 'cocktail style'. Or 'try holding down C and playing this chord - it makes a nice sound.'

Anyway, I asked for some clarification on what was happening and what was meant to happen.Seven or eight emails later still no reply. Meanwhile I was getting emails asking me to endorse the program, or to provide feedback or to join a 'video marketing' campaign.

Fed up and discovering this forum which showed others in the same boat, I gave in and e-mailed to cancel the year's subscription.

Almost by return I had an answer. A brief apology for the difficulties and a full refund.

A shame - he seems personable, a good, patient teacher, the initial course was substantial and well-structured. I suspect they are having dificulties with their site and perhaps haven't thought through how things should be structured through a full year

I am surprised you received any response, at all.

I have completely given up in my attempt to communicate with him or anyone connected with his site.

Don

D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by lionelmark
The first month's lessons were very good - thorough, clear, well-presented, logical. I signed up for a year at a reasonably reduced rate. Since then, I hardly know what I have received. Some of it I'm sure I already have, but I could be wrong - sometimes it's just something like 'three jazz endings' or 'how to play 'cocktail style'. Or 'try holding down C and playing this chord - it makes a nice sound.'

I am not sure I understand what you mean by FIRST MONTHS LESSONS.

Didn't you sign up for a year's access to the website where all of the lessons are available at any time ?

Don

L
L
Don, the way I understood it worked was you bought a month's subscription and you were sent a whole load of stuff that you could work through at your own pace. Then you could progress by upgrading to a year's subscription with new lessons sent (I thought monthly) at a discounted rate.

I also assumed you could access all the videos from that first standalone month once you had paid for them even if you subsequently withdrew from the upgrade.

It seems not - you do keep all the support material but access to any video is denied.

Margalit, the contact at the site has explained all this to me at some length today, and also explained why they have had problems. Try writing again - they've responded twice in three days to me. And they can explain the whole thing better than I could!

D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Here is a question and answer from the Q & A portion of his site.

Do I get complete access to everything from day 1 - or do I have to stay subscribed as the courses are dripped out?

You get complete access to all of the courses today. They're all there waiting for you - 11+ hours of video lessons!

That seems to contradict what you were told.

Don

D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
So …. I have now sent a message via the CONTACT option on the jazztutorial.com webpage.

History tells me I will not get a reply.

If I do, I will report it here.

Don

D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Well, I did get a reply.

And .... fair is fair ....

I have to say the material on that website is absolutely first class.

I joined for a month just see it with a promise of money back if I did not like it.

No money back for me.

It is terrific.

Mostly for at least early intermediate players wishing to break into the jazz world.

Don

An old thread, but in case anyone cares:

I subscribed to Julian’s jazz tutorial in January 2021 (I guess) and I never had to regret!
His material is awesome didactically and I found it well accessible for me as a very early intermediate.
I never was confronted with the site down. Once the media player acted in a weird way. I contacted him via email and was responded by an employee or co-worker and the issue was resolved even during a weekend in 24 hours.
Maybe he has been able to consolidate his project and the procedures meanwhile.
From my (2021) experience I can recommend his tutorial to anybody interested in this topic.

Kawai GE-30 -> Kawai K-300 ATX2 -> Kawai NV10
Yamaha P80
Jura E8

G
G
I thought I'd add to this thread.

I too had struggled to verify that Julian Bradley was genuine and struggled a little to make contact, feeling particularly cautious because my credit card company twice bounced the transaction, however that was purely an "unusual spending pattern", nothing to do with his service.

During that struggle, the support person was very helpful and even sent the e-books to which I would have been entitled if my payment had gone though on time.

I've now been following his courses for around five weeks and am very pleased with what I have seen so far. The course content is, as one would expect, in his usual style and I am finding it suits me well. So far ... one happy customer.

R
R
Warning !
I am a current subscriber of Julians Jazz tutorial.
Still in my trial phase, I have to admit there are a few good but very basic
tutorials in this course, but overall i do not like Julians style, his music
and especially not his member handling.
One fact is, as mentioned here several times, that Julian does not answer any questions/ emails.
On October 1. ( !!! ) he sent a music sheet and asked to arrange that song, mentioning he will show his version the next week. After 7 weeks of nothing i sent my first question about the arrangement!
Today is Dec 1. and still nothing after several other emails!
I was annoyed and decided not to continue with my membership - still in my trial phase (generous time of 3 months!). Guess what, I cannot contact him by email, wrote from 2 email addresses, sent even one audio message but again nothing!
I am afraid this is the trick to avoid cancelling from trial members.
So be aware if you think of using his 30 day/one month subscription or the year long subscription with 90 days money back guarantee, you will be tricked into silence on Julians site and have to stay without his seemingly long guarantee.
Easy but deplorable behaviour from Julian! I am pretty annoyed!

Originally Posted by rawi
Warning !
I am a current subscriber of Julians Jazz tutorial.
Still in my trial phase, I have to admit there are a few good but very basic
tutorials in this course, but overall i do not like Julians style, his music
and especially not his member handling.
One fact is, as mentioned here several times, that Julian does not answer any questions/ emails.
On October 1. ( !!! ) he sent a music sheet and asked to arrange that song, mentioning he will show his version the next week. After 7 weeks of nothing i sent my first question about the arrangement!
Today is Dec 1. and still nothing after several other emails!
I was annoyed and decided not to continue with my membership - still in my trial phase (generous time of 3 months!). Guess what, I cannot contact him by email, wrote from 2 email addresses, sent even one audio message but again nothing!
I am afraid this is the trick to avoid cancelling from trial members.
So be aware if you think of using his 30 day/one month subscription or the year long subscription with 90 days money back guarantee, you will be tricked into silence on Julians site and have to stay without his seemingly long guarantee.
Easy but deplorable behaviour from Julian! I am pretty annoyed!

Contact your credit card company and block his payments. Same if you're using a bank account. Tell them not to pay. There should not be a problem. Credit card companies are very accommodating.

R
R
Thanks RayR3004,
i will try..... and report!

best regards
rawi

R
R
WOW!
Thanks again,
RayR3004

That worked!
So everybody who wants to end the trial and cannot connect/contact Julian
and want to use the money back guarantee
should immediately contact the credit card company
(possibly the bank)!
Julian gets to learn a lesson!

D
D
Can you cancel membership on his site??
Thx

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission