2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, 8 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations! It looks fantastic and I think it will sound lovely once tuned!

V
V
That piano already sounds a lot better than I expected a piano that just made a trip via container ship and truck over several thousand miles to sound. Sure, some unisons are out, but it's perfectly serviceable for now. Congrats!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Thanks for pics and the video recording! The piano does sound nice, despite some of the notes being a bit out of tune. I'd say the tuning was excellent considering it was right out of the crate...

Your playing was good also! You are certainly not a beginner. smile

Congratulations again!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Y
y260 Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks everybody for the thoughts and advice!

A
A
It is beautiful, congratulations! yippie thumb And ironically, I played that same Bertini study today - it is a fun one, isn't it? grin Enjoy your new piano!

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
FWIW
I would put a thick rug pad and a rug under the piano. (A thick pad because it is an inexpensive upgrade) and angle the piano a little so the sound goes out into the room

It is a gorgeous piano! Congrats — hope you enjoy for many years 😀

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Congrats, good luck choosing between surfing and practicing. A nice dilemma to be in.

Yamaha P90, Kawai GL-10

Gold Supporter until June  2023

Originally Posted by Adagiette
It is beautiful, congratulations! yippie thumb And ironically, I played that same Bertini study today - it is a fun one, isn't it? grin Enjoy your new piano!

I really liked the way the study sounded and now I'm curious to try it. After some Googling, I found this collection of 24 etudes by Bertini (Opus 29), but then realized he wrote over 500 studies. Would you mind telling me the number and opus, please? Thank you.

Talão

Yamaha U3 and Kawai MP11SE
My piano journey (playing since July 2019)
10 weeks into Duane Shinn's 52-Week Crash Course
Y
y260 Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Originally Posted by Talão

I really liked the way the study sounded and now I'm curious to try it. After some Googling, I found this collection of 24 etudes by Bertini (Opus 29), but then realized he wrote over 500 studies. Would you mind telling me the number and opus, please? Thank you.

Sure its "Etude in C Minor" Op.29, no.7 by Henri Bertini

Y
y260 Offline OP
OP Offline
Y

Small world! A decade ago my teacher helped me learn it for a recital and it's funny how it stays in my fingers years later. It's suppose to be played *much* faster than in my sample video.

Originally Posted by y260
Sure its "Etude in C Minor" Op.29, no.7 by Henri Bertini

Thank you so much! I just listened to it at full speed and it's absolutely beautiful! Will try working on it today!

Talão

Yamaha U3 and Kawai MP11SE
My piano journey (playing since July 2019)
10 weeks into Duane Shinn's 52-Week Crash Course
C
C
Congrats on your new piano! It's beautiful.
Did you receive constant updates from the dealer during the wait? I'm also waiting my piano to arrive. The dealer told me it will take at least 2-3 months, it has been a month or so but I haven't heard of any updates from them. It is my first time buying a crate piano and not quite sure what to expect lol

J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Congratulations!

Y
y260 Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Originally Posted by Chocolaty
Congrats on your new piano! It's beautiful.
Did you receive constant updates from the dealer during the wait? I'm also waiting my piano to arrive. The dealer told me it will take at least 2-3 months, it has been a month or so but I haven't heard of any updates from them. It is my first time buying a crate piano and not quite sure what to expect lol
I knew someone out there was doing the same thing as me! Unfortunately I did not get any useful updates until it was shipped about a week or so before I received it. I was told a few months when I ordered but turned out to be more. I think it is somewhat dependent on what model you order, but given my piano is a simplified design (no moving music stand) and no extras such as silent system or different color I thought it would be faster. But still took 7 months. Funny how you can order a pizza or something on Amazon and get real time tracking. But a huge piano, nope too difficult to track.

j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Beautiful! Congratulations!!

One thing to think about. My piano sits on travertine tile, which I like but most people prefer the piano on a carpet, to help the quiet the reverberations. A smaller area carpet
might improve the sound to your ears.

Just a thought.

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia P230
At least half the waiters in Nashville play better than I
[Linked Image]
Y
y260 Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Originally Posted by j&j
Beautiful! Congratulations!!

One thing to think about. My piano sits on travertine tile, which I like but most people prefer the piano on a carpet, to help the quiet the reverberations. A smaller area carpet
might improve the sound to your ears.

Just a thought.
I think you and others who've mentioned that are right. It is definitely loud, though I wouldn't describe it as echoing or ringing. Just high volume. So a carpet or potentially some acoustic panels might help.

The tuner comes out in a few weeks as well so I'm curious on a second set of ears. If I close the lid it's a good bit quieter so that works too though I like the full body of sound with it open.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission