2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
81 members (bluebilly, 36251, An Old Square, Bebe1980, Abdol, butchkoch, andrewlapp, brdwyguy, 19 invisible), 1,243 guests, and 452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3163584 10/12/21 11:21 AM
P
500 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
500 Post Club Member
P
..decided to start a thread on when you are about to get serious with piano practice and THIS happens. I need to have a laugh at myself sometimes. Piano playing can get quite serious!

Finally the week has arrived to buckle down on recording my exam pieces on video [abrsm performance exam]. I cleared few of the little technical pointers following my last lesson. I am dressed up [a little] ..had my cuppa tea, 5 minutes sleep meditation [seriously, it calms the heart rate]…check camera angle..sound check…THEN the unthinkable happened: down a few streets away…jack hammering…closed all windows…nope. Didn’t work. It went on from 9am through to 330pm. I tried to play, but for the noise. I waited for 12pm..nope, they didn’t stop for lunch break. By 330pm..my nerves were all jangled. Chalk it off as dress rehearsal.

Come This morning, I was up super early ..and thought I could start early..and whilst finishing off my cuppa tea..and before 7.45am…the jack hammering started, and extra sirens thrown in

😂 there were a lot of 🤬 before the jack hammering stopped at noon. Happy ending: I have a decent recording to submit.

Dream came true : playing the piano
Kawai CS11/Yamaha Arius 161
lessons: 150 hours + counting
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Oh, I know the feeling. I used to live on the 13th floor of an appartment building right in the middle of Warsaw. There were 3 hospitals around me with ambulances buzzing all day and a tramway terminal on the same street. There were even jackhammers at 2 AM sometimes beacuse that intersection is too important to close for traffic during the day. Needless to say that recording my playing was a real pain.

I have now moved to the country away from the big city and am much happier.

J
Online Embarrased
J
I had recorded something for a recital once, and was in bed at night reviewing it with headphones. Suddenly I heard the door to the garage slam shut. I immediately ripped out my earbuds and sat up, heart beating like crazy...then I realized it was on my recording. laugh Husband is always coming and going to the garage and I hadn't realized how clearly my microphone was picking it up. Otherwise it was a pretty good recording too, dangit!

O
O
Originally Posted by JB_PW
I had recorded something for a recital once, and was in bed at night reviewing it with headphones. Suddenly I heard the door to the garage slam shut. I immediately ripped out my earbuds and sat up, heart beating like crazy...then I realized it was on my recording. laugh Husband is always coming and going to the garage and I hadn't realized how clearly my microphone was picking it up. Otherwise it was a pretty good recording too, dangit!

Reminds me of many years ago when I fell asleep listening to Pink Floyds The Wall, very loudly.

I woke up to the sound of helicopters overhead and a loud speaker saying “come out with your hands up”. For about 10 seconds I thought it was real

[Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ojustaboo
Originally Posted by JB_PW

Reminds me of many years ago when I fell asleep listening to Pink Floyds The Wall, very loudly.

I woke up to the sound of helicopters overhead and a loud speaker saying “come out with your hands up”. For about 10 seconds I thought it was real

grin

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Cambodia
by PhilipInChina - 01/21/22 12:03 AM
Hey y'all, here's my best solo recording
by An Old Square - 01/20/22 09:44 PM
PSR-E473
by waljbt74 - 01/20/22 09:26 PM
Info on pre 1990s Weinbach? (Petrof)
by monsieur souvlaki - 01/20/22 03:28 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!

Free Piano Lovers Newsletter is out now!
Piano News 2021 - 2022!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,273
Posts3,162,722
Members104,104
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission