2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think we're learning towards the Ipad smile

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
If you can afford one they seem like the way to go.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
And in our business, it is not necessary to purchase a new model at all. For example, the refurbished version of the 2018 model is officially sold on Apple's website for $629. I myself still use the 2017 model (2nd gen), the one with the button and thick frames. Everything suits me. The only reason that will make me upgrade is an iPad with an even larger screen (by the way, even in the picture in that article, you can see the forScore icon). (:

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by EPW
@Gombessa You might be getting your Ipad Pro when Mobilesheet's releases the iPad version smile

I do have to agree that the 16:9 screens are not the best but have to make do myself with what I have at the moment.

That would be a game changer smile TBH my tablet is on its last legs, My kid dropped it and the battery either broke or disconnected from the main board so it must be plugged in 100% of the time like a desktop PC (which is why I can spare using it as a dedicated music sheet). Mobilesheets integration on iOS would be awesome. But it seems like it's not cing anytime soon:

Zubersoft
05-23-2021, 04:41 AM
In the next few months? No, I don't think I have any shot of finishing it in that timeframe. I'm way behind schedule on where I wanted to be with the iOS version due to how much attention I've had to spend on the Android/Windows 10 versions since the 3.0.0 update. Things are more stable now, so I'm making solid progress on the iOS development, but I still have a long ways to go unfortunately.

Originally Posted by 9190
And in our business, it is not necessary to purchase a new model at all. For example, the refurbished version of the 2018 model is officially sold on Apple's website for $629.
Yep, that's what I've been eyeing. The 2018-2020 refurbs or used models + apple pencil. Expensive but I could stomach it. I just don't want to switch my entire library with page stylings and annotations from Mobilesheets.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
All in all, iPad Pro 12.9" and forScore is still the best and ultimate solution for musicians working with sheet music. This combination has long become the standard for the vast majority of musicians working with digital sheet music.

I've been using an iPad Pro 12.9" + forScore + PageFlip Cicada Bluetooth foot pedal for ages now. Great combination.

Last edited by Macy; 08/21/21 08:23 PM.

Macy

CVP-409GP, Garritan CFX, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, Pianoteq, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad Pro/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
No 2018 64GB refurbs on that site, sold out. What memory size tablets do you use?

We stopped by BestBuy yesterday and looked at the iPad. I wish it was bigger! What I really want is the LCD slab from a Surface Studio, and mount that to the front of the piano. Where can I a buy a custom touch screen lcd slab?!?

[Linked Image]

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
1) On that site, everything is the same, nothing is sold out. Perhaps you were opening a local version of the site, etc.
(Screenshot)
[Linked Image]

2) Just in case, I note that forScore can work in the Dual Page Mode (two iPads next to each other). Video example.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Yea, that's weird. It shows up as out of stock in my area. I might make a trip to the local Apple store today.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Update, we caved and got the Ipad. All I can say is that I should have done this sooner. No more pencil erasings ;0 This is definitely a cleaner setup. forScore is really nice, looking forward to the next version.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JJHLH
forScore has a built in page turner. It requires a Pro subscription ($9.99/year) and a newer iPad which uses facial recognition technology (no home button) but it works brilliantly!

I have mine set to recognize when I twitch my lips to the right (forwards) or to the left (backwards). There is a slider to adjust the sensitivity, as well as a calibration button.

I’ve been using this for months now and just love it. It’s simple, reliable, and doesn’t require a separate device like a foot pedal.

Thanks so much for pointing this out, JJ. I've been using forScore for years with an iPad Pro and an AirTurn pedal, and didn't think that things could get any better than that. I wasn't aware that my new iPad supported this system until I read your post.

A couple of days ago I subscribed (I was happy to make a contribution to a great team of developers even if I decided I preferred the pedal after all), and tried it out. It's brilliant!

I'm giving up the foot pedal - it was a nuisance anyway when I wanted to use the una corda pedal and ran out of feet. laugh

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I am enjoying the IPad Pro, but this could have been a contender for me.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...a-flagship-android-tablet-for-610/?amp=1

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
For me personally, other tablets, if their screen size is no larger than that of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, are not of interest. But this is already more interesting. I hope this will push Apple to release a larger iPad with a screen with proportions of 3:2 (after all, 4:3 is quite "square" for sheet music).

T
T
For me personally, other tablets, if their screen size is no larger than that of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, are not of interest. But this is already more interesting. I hope this will push Apple to release a larger iPad with a screen with proportions of 3:2 (after all, 4:3 is quite "square" for sheet music).

A 14.6" display is still a bit small unless you want to only use it in portrait mode. I have a 15" surface book which has a 3:2 screen. In landscape I can display two pages at the same time, but they are smaller than a sheet of letter sized paper. If you don't need a touch screen, then a computer monitor works better.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TimberWolf
unless you want to only use it in portrait mode
Yes, like most iPad users, I use it in portrait orientation. The 12.9-inch iPad is already OK, but everything that will be bigger, I will not call it "still small" in any way. This will be perfect for me. Using a Bluetooth pedal, I have no problem paging the iPad in portrait orientation.

I once considered the Surface Book, but despite being a Windows user, I chose the iPad for a number of reasons.

Originally Posted by TimberWolf
If you don't need a touch screen, then a computer monitor works better.

In my earlier post here, I wrote about this:
In principle, I do not consider big monitors connected to a computer, since my sheet music should always be with me, not just at home. I don't want to be tied to one place, and I'm not going to go on stage with a big monitor etc, and which will not fit into a standard backpack for transportation.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This discussion had me thinking: Why do I suffer with on-screen sheet music that comes up too small?

The cause is my 24" monitor on the piano. It's plenty wide but only 12" tall.

But it turns out that this Dell monitor can rotate on its stand.
Perhaps that's because this is a business monitor, not a cheapo home monitor. (It was a cast-off from a previous job.)
So no special rigging was required.

I rotated it into portrait configuration, changed the Windows settings, and voila! My sheet music can be tall enough to be readable even by these aging eyes. Sweet.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I enjoy forScore the more I use it. I decided to try the Pro version and using facial gestures to turn the pages works very well!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
I enjoy forScore the more I use it. I decided to try the Pro version and using facial gestures to turn the pages works very well!

I’ve just donated my AirTurn to the local Youth Orchestra - I LOVE the facial recognition facility.

Initially I struck what I thought was a calibration problem: page turning was 100% accurate with my little ES110, but not as reliable with my grand. As I’m not very tall, I wondered whether the higher position of the C3’s music desk had anything to do with the camera’s line of sight. Sure enough, when I turned the iPad upside-down, so that the camera is at the bottom, it worked flawlessly. Thanks, forScore! thumb

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission