2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
57 members (ambrozy, BravoRomeo, 36251, Animisha, Damien PG, Chris Warren, cygnusdei, anotherscott, An Old Square, butchkoch, 7 invisible), 1,209 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
As there is this technical feedback wanted yes/no issue, I just give feedback to everyone, no matter if you want or not. To whose who really don't want to get feedback: Sorry - you have to come over it!

Btw: I believe I also had clicked yes, but I am not 100% sure, it's some time ago.

22. mmathew - Waltz in a minor, B.150 Posth I have to disagree. Sorry! You are wrong with the name of your YT channel. If you insist of having a name that pulls you down, rename to "The Worst Pedalist". Joking aside, I found your interpretation of Chopin very impressive. And those big jumps with left hand were performed with such an ease. But you used the pedal too much for my liking. The tone got kind of washed out. I know it is said, over-pedaling hides weakness in playing, but I think your playing was good. No need to hide anything. I find it very impressive to play Chopin after only one year serious learning!

23. peterws - Winter Intersting choice of music. Reading Winter I expected Vivaldi's four Seasons... As today is a rainy day outside, I must say, this winter mood fits also here. You expressed this very well with your playing. Thanks for sharing.

24. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Sonata K331 1st Movement - Andante grazioso I love your selection of the piece. A typical Mozart. The first part was very airy and feather light played by you. The second part brought some heaviness, luckily it wasn't of long duration and you got into this feather light playing style I prefer. But the more heavy part made a very nice contrast. Well - Mozart was genius! He is in the charts for more than 300 years now. I really enjoyed your performance from top to bottom, a well rounded interpretation. Thanks for sharing.

25. Ganddalf - Tango A very airy piece, with some really nice deep bass notes. I never heard this before in my live, but sometimes it falls into another tango I know. Just for a few bars. I liked it and I appreciate you limit the length of the submissions because of your mentinoned reasons. But it didn't bore me at all, could hear it for much longer. It has some catchyness in the main-theme... So I listened twice...

26. lilypad - The Bass Man Walketh Cool! This is the first thing that was in my mind. Cool! Black suits, black hats, sunglasses, at night! That was a real great walking bass line with some relaxed right hand accompaniment! Was lot of fun listening.

27. Jason Lenthe - Nocturne in G Minor Op. 15 No. 3 Very well played! (as always - I checked out your YT channel). If Copin wanted somewhere in the middle the part played with anger or a kind of agressive mood, you masterd it! And then coming back to softness again, it was done so nicely. Thanks for sharing.

28. rwsavory - The Poet Speaks - Op 15 "Scenes from Childhood" This piese makes my mood very meloncholic. If this was your intention, you hit it right spot with your interpretation.

29. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Consolation, Op. 30, No. 3 You played with very much of expression and I loved both your selection of the piece as well as you mastered it. Only one thing: I found it distracting when the tone stopped abrupt at the end of a phrase. Is this by purpose or did this happen because the recording phone is cutting silent audio away? Anyway, those small things made yours special.

30. Wie Waldi - The Entertainer No technical feedback wanted, eyh? No feedback then! (cry)

31. winterflower - I soar now the embers have cooled I never did improvise any music. Not even singing or humming because I lack of inspiration. I just copy-cat, cause it's waaay easier. You did some improv here and from a technical standpoint I must admit it sounds. You got a good balance in harmony, but the timing here and there seem to me a bit off. Some notes are coming too slowed down, and it seems it is not by purpose because they don't tell a story. (Sorry to state that.) Anyway - thanks for sharing some improvisation besides all the other submission that had been composed by the worlds greatest musicians and practised and polished over weeks.

Self teaching Adult Beginner without method | Kawai CN29, Senn HD560s
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AndresVel
01. Qazsedcft - Sneaky This one was a fun to listen to. I am sure it is a pleasure to play. It also fits perfectly with the name of the piece. Your playing was very good, giving it the right flavor. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you.

14. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 8 in F major (BWV 779)
It's great that you got to play this piece cleanly as Bach inventions are not easy. The tempo is very steady and the meter is clear (we can hear that it starts on an upbeat). Your ritardando at the end is quite tasteful. Now I would try to make it sound more energetic and lively. To do that I think the overall tempo should be a tad faster and it should have more dynamic contrast. Try to bring out especially when a new voice comes in as it will make the polyphonic character more noticeable.

37. Purrblast - Sonatina in A minor (Op. 27. No. 18)
That was a nice little piece. Very well done. It's nice to see someone else from Poland on this forum. wink Pozdrawiam.

36. Talao - Sonatina in G Major Anh. 5 (both movements)
Sonatinas are fun aren't they? This was very nicely played and your errors are barely noticeable. You keept going which is the most important thing.

38. facdo - Impromptu in E flat Major Op.90 No.2
That was very good playing. When you say "some years as a kid" how many years is that? It sounds like you studied piano for a long time to achieve this level of playing.

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
01. Qazsedcft - Sneaky
A very enjoyable listen and it sounds like good fun to play

02. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu]
Tremendous stuff

03. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Sonata in C Major K545
(Doom-laden movie trailer voice) “With Mozart, there’s nowhere to hide”

This was a pleasure, sparkling and bright. I especially enjoyed the first movement.

05. wouter79 - Op.45, Over Hill and Dale (24), Ballet (20) (to do)

I’m entertained by the quote:
“At a time of universal decadence like the present, when art has fallen as low as it inevitably must whenever public opinion and the moral tone of society have become debased”
I doubt there has ever been a time when there isn’t some cohort of society expressing precisely this idea :-)

Very charming pieces

07. MarieJ - Gnossienne No. 1
I love the moodiness and mystery of this piece & enjoyed your performance a lot
I learned it last year (it felt v suited to the early day of the pandemic and lockdown), and return to it quite often to play for pleasure

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
10. Flygbladet - Barnmenuett (Elfrida Andree) Digging out pieces by obsucre composers is always an adventure and it seems you are the first pianist who recorded this one. That alone deserves special appreciation. It seems we do not know what Elfrida Andree had in mind when she composed this piece - the following "Om kvällan" you recorded for the previous recital is much easier to understand. "The sound of children", hm, I would not say so, rather a desricption of 19th century children "drilled" by adults to dance a minuet. The "B" part is playful and joyful, but the "A/C" part sounds really harsh to me, as if someone needed to show the kids who the boss is. Well, it is no secret that children at that time were treated in such a manner. The chords marked "f" and "ff" even sound brutal to me. I am glad I grew up 100 years later, haha...

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by barbaram
I’m entertained by the quote:
“At a time of universal decadence like the present, when art has fallen as low as it inevitably must whenever public opinion and the moral tone of society have become debased”
I doubt there has ever been a time when there isn’t some cohort of society expressing precisely this idea :-)

Heh heh And there's me thinking art existed to debase a moral (self-righteous) society . . . and then it can fall even lower!
Happy dark days, eh?

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Originally Posted by vte
30. Wie Waldi - The Entertainer How fun! Loved the video and your performance was really nice. After only 7 months - it's so impressive.
Originally Posted by Qazsedcft
30. Wie Waldi - The Entertainer
Wow! It's pretty amazing that you played this as your first piece and after only 7 months of self-teaching. Especially that it was a very musical and balanced interpretation. You conveyed the character of this piece so well I found myself nodding and tapping my foot. Nicely done!
I must say this wasn't Beethoven nor Chopin, and I started with a simplified version. And besides that, there is not really much else, I can play. Anyway, thank you for your kind words blush

I
Ido Offline
I
Listening in random order... smile

02. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu
This is really impressive! I'd have never attributed such performance to someone with such short experience (and self taught!). Keep up this great work

Very pleasing tone and phrasing. After listening to several of your recordings I see a consistent pattern of playing very delicately with a singing tone. You play this beautifully.
I think the tempo is not very consistent but it doesn't really detract from the performance.
A specific point to notice is at 0:34 where I think there's some rhythmic error.

The last movement - I'd play it (if only I could:-)) a bit more playfully - less legato, more 'jumpy', if you will.

You keep up the amazing progress, and I think your phrasing is starting to evolve as well!

29. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Consolation, Op. 30, No. 3
I'd start with the criticism -
I think some parts sound a bit abrupt - like at 0:22 - you can do it more delicately. This occurs several times.
Now for the better part:
I really really enjoyed the performance, because you play it with intent. The musicality of the performance cannot be mistaken. The sound of the piano is amazing - which is also your doing.

24. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Sonata K331 1st Movement - Andante grazioso
A joy to listen, such a singing tone. You brought the harmony forward - which made me notice new things in the piece. One challenge with this piece is to keep it interesting throughout all the repetitions and variations - maybe you can allow yourself to produce a more harsh tone at times (or more extreme tempo changes), to catch the attention of the listener.

This recital looks promising so far smile

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A few more at random.

40. PikaPianist - Waltz Op. 39, No. 9
That was amazing! I agree with your lively and fiery interpretation. It's much more interesting than the more gentle interpretation of Lisitsa. The camera work on your youtube video was also excellent.

12. pianist685 (Constantin) - Prelude and Allegro HWV 576
Very nice. I would like to play on a real harpsichord one day. Sometimes I play my digital piano with the harpsichord sound on but it's obviously not the same.

45. tyschoco - Sonatina in G Major, Op 55 No.2 1st Movement, Allegretto
Your interpretation is dynamic and full of energy. I really like that in a sonatina and I think it gives it more charcter. The articulation is very crisp. The scale runs are impecable. The melody is sweet and singing. If I have to be really picky I would say the Alberti bass is just a little too prominent and I would try to make it softer. But that is really nitpicking as I think your performance is great.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
1 Qazsedcft

"Sneaky" ain't the right title; sounds too jaunty, the guy needs taking down a peg or two. Great job by yourself however. This really created the mood! Excellent recording of a nice piano!

2 Ranjit

You got the fingers; you got the talent. Sure are h*ll you got the time. The rest will come, but don't work too much on this to the exclusion of all else. I read somewhere Chopin didn't even want this piece released to be played by the general public.
It has since become a badge of honour, of competence.
One I'll never get!

Last edited by peterws; 08/16/21 03:00 PM.

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
20. QuentinP - WTK 1 Prelude 8 Eb minor
Beautiful playing of a beautiful prelude. It was a pleasure to listen to. Too bad it was recorded on a digital piano as the sound is a bit too clinical for my tastes. It would sound so nice on an accoustic grand.

15. Serge88 - Boogie Blues Etude
Nice blues improv on a backing track. It was fun to listen to. I think you have a great feel for this type of music. Did you improvise on the spot or did you practice it a bit before recording?

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Thank you so much! I've read all of your comments and I'm overwhelmed by the positive feedback on my post! I thought I would repeat myself too much if I responded to everything, nevertheless, I have read all of your comments and I'm really glad that you all liked it.

Originally Posted by Ido
I'd have never attributed such performance to someone with such short experience (and self taught!). Keep up this great work
Thank you. I have to add, however, that discussions about technique with my teacher and a good friend over the past 3-4 months have proven instrumental in improving this piece. I didn't play on grand pianos in the past, and had to figure out how to apply the necessary force into the keys to produce a good tone. It was incredibly difficult, and still is.

Originally Posted by peterws
You got the fingers; you got the talent. Sure are h*ll you got the time. The rest will come, but don't work too much on this to the exclusion of all else.
Hah, well let's hope so. Most good pianists I know have started at around 5, or at the very most at around 11 years old. So, from a conservative standpoint, age is definitely not on my side! That said, I certainly hope I can get there someday.

Originally Posted by peterws
I read somewhere Chopin didn't even want this piece released to be played by the general public.
It's not a bad piece! I think Chopin didn't want it to be played in public because it was heavily *inspired* by other pieces, not because it was a bad piece. There's a direct Beethoven quote, and in addition, I think it was heavily influenced by Field or someone else, and he did not want to take away from their work.

A
A
Originally Posted by Ido
You keep up the amazing progress, and I think your phrasing is starting to evolve as well!
Thank you Ido for your kind words :)) I am missing your submission in this recital frown

Originally Posted by Qazsedcft
It's great that you got to play this piece cleanly as Bach inventions are not easy. The tempo is very steady and the meter is clear (we can hear that it starts on an upbeat). Your ritardando at the end is quite tasteful. Now I would try to make it sound more energetic and lively. To do that I think the overall tempo should be a tad faster and it should have more dynamic contrast. Try to bring out especially when a new voice comes in as it will make the polyphonic character more noticeable.
Thank you very much Qazsedcft for your feedback and your kind words. I really appreciate it. I will try to bring out the voices a bit more on future attempts to play this piece, or any other invention. I agree with your comment regarding the tempo. I was striving for consistency but now I am thinking that having pushed a bit more the tempo would have been a good idea. I will try to make my playing of this piece more interesting in the future. thank you again very much smile

Lisztomaniac, inspired adult beginner, Scarlatti fan
Sabel S123 (Tucan), and Kawai CA49. Previously: Casio PX-S1000
What I have been learning
A
A
Here some more comments from my side:

02. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu First of all, props to you for taking on this piece. For us mortals, amateur pianists, this piece can be seen as quite a challenge, in spite of, as you also mentioned, not being yet top of the tops in terms of difficulty. I think you have very good ideas, and with some more work and polishing they will become more clear and consistent. On a critical note, and based only on the listening experience (I have not played this piece) for the first section, the main challenge now would be IMO to retain clarity and try to make it more interesting in the repeats. In the lyrical second section, It might be more about retaining the melody all throughout and decide wisely on rubato. I pretty much enjoyed watching your video. Your piano sounds lovely btw, I like Schimmels smile Awesome stuff :))

12. pianist685 (Constantin) - Prelude and Allegro HWV 576 what a beautiful sound and what an superb playing. I had to listen to it three times in a row. The quality of the recording is also outstanding. The trills sound amazing! Thank you also for choosing a piece by Handel I did not know about. It is a beautiful pair and makes me want to explore other keyboard works by him. I do not know how often you play on harpsichord, but I am now wondering how you approach switching to a harpsichord for a given piece, given that you do not have anymore the palette of dynamics a piano provides. What do you try to focus on instead?

22. mmathew - Waltz in a minor, B.150 Posth Good job mmathew! Do not be so hard on yourself. I think you are doing very good with this piece already and I am sure that with a bit more practice you will take your interpretation to a level you would be more pleased with. I think you are at that point with this piece where it is more about polishing than getting it right, and that might give you a chance to experiment and work on the details you want to add. In any case, I think you should be very proud of your progress.

32. Maira713 - Op. 1 No. 4 ("24 Short and Easy Pieces for Keyboard") Good job Maira! smile Very good progress. I liked the little nuances at the end of the piece. Keep the hard work smile

42. Amy H - Story of You I am aware Alexis Ffrench is a popular composer in the ABF but I had not listened to any of his compositions before, so thank you for introducing it to me. I loved your playing. You seemed very much in control the entire time and I could not spot the mistakes you mention in the description. I think it was flawlessly played and your pianism showed nicely all throughout. Great job.

Lisztomaniac, inspired adult beginner, Scarlatti fan
Sabel S123 (Tucan), and Kawai CA49. Previously: Casio PX-S1000
What I have been learning
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
3 SMA55

I see what you mean about Mozart but I love the mixture of utter simplicity and complexity. Now, I wouldn't be able to pick up on your playing imperfections; I'd never attempt a piece such as this, but the attraction to do a part of it is strong; like most, I like Mozart. And for his humour, lacking in so much period music.
I loved what you did. It seemed to encapsulate above all else, a love of music, harmony,
in short, the love of the sound of the piano.

4 Sam S

Seems like a variation on Bach's first 48 (Ave Maria) from beginning to where it gets loud.
A bit o' Mantra Music is always welcome here, Sam; you know that! I'm drinking to this right now.
Nicely done!

5 Wouter79

Darn good exercise for one's fingers. The second part was really nice and had a chunky feel to it which was played to perfection with good dynamics. Well done.

6 Barbaram

Great tempo, great fun! You scored here with this one; nicely done!

7 Marie J

I never tire of hearing Satie. This series of stuff he wrote (Gymnopedies and Gnossieres) aren't a barrel of laughs, but in their own way, they're pleasantly contemplative; this was done well. It's the hardest thing in the world to play these real slow and sometimes it doesn't feel right to do it

8 Peyton

Oh, your poor kitty! You put in a lot of work here and it sounds lovely; always good to hear original work.

9 QuasiUna Fantasia

Lovely sound here from your VST Bosie. Never heard this before but you make a fine job of it.

10 Flygbladet

Super! You get a huge sound out of that P45 you sure that's all you're playing?. . . .sounds very involved stuff you're playing, and worthy of your talents! Well done!

I get new surprises everytime I come on here . . . smile

"[Linked Image]"
L
L
Another group of performers to greet and congratulate on their recital performances:

28. rwsavory - The Poet Speaks - Op 15 "Scenes from Childhood" Expressive piece! Thank you for the insight provided in your comments of the poet remembering childhood.

29. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Consolation, Op. 30, No. 3 This piece brings back memories of my dad playing it when I was a kid. Yikes! I think I've pledged it for the Mendolssohn themed recital. I see it's RCM grade 7....

30. Wie Waldi - The Entertainer Bravo! I rarely hear all the parts of this piece. I've only ever played part 1 and probably an easy arrangement at that.

31. winterflower - I soar now the embers have cooled It's always interesting to hear an original composition from one of the Piano World members.

32. Maira713 - Op. 1 No. 4 ("24 Short and Easy Pieces for Keyboard") I agree with your slower tempo. It fits the music well.

33. joangolfing - Air Suisse Op. 36 No.5 Congratulations on your performance. Baroque music is a challenge for me.

34. Moo smile - Songs without words opus 38 no 3 Wow! Nice! It sounds like a very difficult piece, but your relaxed hands and fluent execution in the video make it look easy.

35. KevinM - Songs Without Words Opus 19 No. 1 Beautiful music, beautifully played. Thank you for that.

36. Talao - Sonatina in G Major Anh. 5 (both movements) Congratulations on your first sonatina. I wouldn't have known there were minor mistakes if you hadn't mentioned them.

37. Purrblast - Sonatina in A minor (Op. 27. No. 18) Delightful listening! I had Kabalevsky's 24 Pieces for Children book and ditched it before I finished the pieces because they were so boring. I'm on a mission now to check out his other works.

R
R
I've been impressed with the pieces I've heard so far. I have some initial comments on some pieces I've heard:

01. Qazsedcft - Sneaky

Excellent in every way! I really enjoyed this. Also, your piano sounds wonderful
and is wonderfully recorded.

02. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu

I agree with your interpretive approach, and you are playing the piece at the tempo it needs despite the technical difficulties this imposes. You’ve set yourself quite a challenge but are well on your way to meeting it.

This was great. You handled the technical challenges very well. Nice sounding piano (and mics!). I’ve also been thinking about getting the line audio mics.

04. Sam S - Etude 2

Minimalism usually isn’t my bag, but I like this a lot. Your tempo and dynamic changes created appropriate contrasts at just the right points to make everything fit together and be interesting. That’s quite an achievement for such a lengthy, monothematic piece.

22. mmathew - Waltz in a minor, B.150 Posth

I enjoyed your playing. Playing pieces a bit beyond your level can be a great way of challenging yourself and stretching your technique. I have not learned this piece but have listened to it many times. It sounds like you simplified the piece only in a few places. If you focus on those harder bits as Chopin wrote them, it might not take you too long to master the whole.

23. peterws - Winter

The way you varied the tempo and dynamics gave a nice character to the music. Very well done!

24. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Sonata K331 1st Movement - Andante grazioso

This is a great performance! You certainly captured Mozart’s aesthetic.

25. Ganddalf - Tango

Quite enjoyable! Keep playing with freedom; that’s what makes music interesting.

26. lilypad - The Bass Man Walketh

This was really fun to listen to and excellently played!

40. PikaPianist - Waltz Op. 39, No. 9

Wonderful playing. I would call your approach to the outer parts ultra-whimsical, which sets up an interesting contrast with the more serious and impassioned playing of the middle part. Your approach makes for more interesting listening than Lisitsa’s.

41. Augustina - Expression

This is really enjoyable and quite impressive for only a week’s practice.

42. Amy H - Story of You

This sounded great! I certainly didn’t hear any mistakes.

43. selfishplayer - Keyboard concerto no.7 in g minor BWV - 1058 first movement - Allegro piano solo

This piece sounds monstrously difficult to play and you gave it a good go. I enjoyed it.

45. tyschoco - Sonatina in G Major, Op 55 No.2 1st Movement, Allegretto

Very well done, particularly the articulations and the scale passages. I really liked this.

46. Pathbreaker - Alte Liebe

This piece is so beautiful. Great performance!

As there is this technical feedback wanted yes/no issue, I just give feedback to everyone, no matter if you want or not. To whose who really don't want to get feedback: Sorry - you have to come over it!

Btw: I believe I also had clicked yes, but I am not 100% sure, it's some time ago.

01. Qazsedcft - Sneaky I think you hit the mood of this piece spot on. If there was a movie this one would fit quite well, then "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", in the scene inside that nightclub right before Jessica does her performance. I love it, when music is able to create emotions and pictures in my head. Well done!

02. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu This was the piece I was the most eager listening to. Especially because of all this forum talk about self-learning vs having a teacher. I was repeatedly thinking about getting a teacher or an online course for myself, but your piece showed me what is possible if one is willing to learn by its own. I think I will stick to the self-learner route for some more time. As this piece is often referred as one of the top 10 hardest piano pieces, you did very well. Of coarse if this is played by a world-class pianist like Dmitry Shisnkin, it is something different. But still I doubt very few will come close to his performance anyways - with or without having a teacher. And needless to say, he is probably playing a bit longer than just 5 years. Big compliment from my side!
btw: I would be interested if you redo Fantaisie Impromptu after one or two years, and see how your playing develops over time.

03. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Sonata in C Major K545 You played it very lightweight. And it was a joy listening to it. Mozart is one of the few composers who made music that is beloved by children as both as adults. There is no need to come into his music, it is right there. I can give no technical feedback as it sounded just perfect for me. All 10 minutes of playing. Thanks for sharing.

04. Sam S - Etude 2 Lot of dynamic and expression. And even if this piece holds a lot of repetition, it keeps interesting while listening. You are building it up all the time with adding here and there a little bit. Kudos to Glass for composing, kudos to you for doing such a nice interpreation. Loved also the slideshow, the pictures did fit very nice to the mood of the piece. Autumn can come!

05. wouter79 - Op.45, Over Hill and Dale (24), Ballet (20) Nicely done. Loved the 2nd part after 1:20 most as it was executed very clear and controlled with a well rounded interpretation. Enjoyed the changes from legato to staccato. About the first part I had the impression it was a bit too challenging. As this seem to be extraordinary tricky you managed to made it through with a quite high speed. As a piano player I was impressed by that, but from a listeners perspective, I would have preferred a slower tempo with some more control.

06. barbaram - Dansul Romanesc I agree if you said, this one was fun to play. At least it sounded fun. There is often a tradeoff between accuracy and expression, I am glad chose the latter one with quite some fire in it.

07. MarieJ - Gnossienne No. 1 I am not that familiar with Erik Satie. But piece is one I heard quite often. And like you I enjoy it every time when I hear. Your interpretation was no exception.

08. Peyton - Gnossienne For Stella I understand why you love your composition. I loved it, too. If this really came from improvisation, you kept playing a constant theme for more than 5 minutes. Thanks to a lot of variations, it got never boring. I also liked your video editing, with pannings technique and fadings in a very relaxed style.

09. QuasiUnaFantasia - Stimmungsbilder, opus 9 no. 4: Traumerei Beautiful played. This matches perfect to the title of the piece. You have a very great feeling for decay. With your VST, the recording sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.

10. Flygbladet - Tonbilder part 2 "barnmenuett" (Childrens menuett) Tip on coming back? For me it sounds have never paused. You put on quite a lot of expression into this piece. Also loved the contrast from calm and lovely playing into an aggressive style very abruptly. Keeps the piece intersting in whole length.

11. JJHLH - Feuillet d'Album Op 45, No 1 Very soulfully playing. Love the up and downs in tempo to enhance the expression.

12. pianist685 (Constantin) - Prelude and Allegro HWV 576 It is nice to hear of people don't select the best sounding instrument at all like a Concert Grand, but pick an inferior instrument that really fits to the era of the music composed. And your harpsichord VST is a really beautiful one. It's like a time-machine, truely. Needless to say your playing was perfect from top to bottom and your experience in piano playing is really audible.

13. Alpha Terminus - Lotus Land Well played and very good control over tempo and dynamics. Creates a strong melancholic mood.

14. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 8 in F major (BWV 779) Mich erstaunt immer wieder, wie sauber Du spielst. Du hast eine perfekte Ton-Seperation. (Gibt's das Wort überhaupt?) Ebenso ist bei dir sowohl das Tempo-halten als auch die Kontrolle über die Lautstärke beeindruckend. Kaum zu glauben, dass Du gerade mal vor einem Jahr mit dem Klavier angefangen hast. Dazu kommt, dass dieses Stück lediglich eines von 40 in diesem Jahr ist. In so kurzer Zeit eine so perfekte Performance - wow. Man merkt sofort, dass Du es mit diesem Hobby ernst meinst und ich bin mir sicher, dass wir noch viele grossartige Stücke von Dir hören werden.
(English translation: thumb)

15. Serge88 - Boogie Blues Etude Yessss. Like it. You got the groove! So calm and steady and captivating. You composed the middle part? Amazing! Fits very well to the other parts, didn't notice any change or switch or whatever. Also I find it always entertaining, of one puts a video online instead of a mp3 file only. It connects more. btw: your "metronome" sounds really blues-ish and makes some really nice background beat^^

16. vte - Vieux Noel in G minor Melancholic mood does't help to cool down a sweaty hot summer day. Luckily today it's raining and your piece fits very well in. I never heard this piece before, but I am sure it should be played in the way as you did. Your interpretation is well rounded. Thanks for sharing.

17. dumka1 - Prelude Op. 11 no 2 You performed this piece very expressively. And for a listener like me that is not into Scriabin, there were no errors to be found. It sounded all very well. Intersting you have access to a Steinway inside a church, lucky you.

18. psyche23 (Edwin) - Le Piccadilly This was fun to listen to! Exactly my taste of music, as I like ragtime and this is somehow same kind of style. Very well played. I am a bit jealous as this recording as absolutely flawless, and I always have blibs and quonks in mine.

19. Ted Jones - Wet Pavements Impressive improvisation. Seems as your emotions are going directly from your heart to the strings of your piano. Thanks for sharing.

20. QuentinP - WTK 1 Prelude 8 Eb minor Your interpretation is very sentimental and delicate.

21. Calavera - Theme of Love You have a lot of control over your hands. Didn't expect you can go that loud and dramatic somewhere in the middle for a short section, while the other parts remain at a very equal and quiet volume. Also I found your selection of music very fresh. I haven't been at Japanese composers, nor at video-game themes so far. And from what I heard, it is not second to the more known Holywood soundtracks. You opened a door in my musical universe, thank you for that. Really great interpretation for 2 years of adult-playing. I guess your childhood experience is paying off.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
4. Sam- Nice playing Sam. I've been working on this poece for quite some time and planned on putting it up for the next recital. I hope I can do it as well as you do here.

7. MarieJ- Splendid!! Just beautifully played. I love this piece and you do it total justice.

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Ido
29. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Consolation, Op. 30, No. 3
I'd start with the criticism -
I think some parts sound a bit abrupt - like at 0:22 - you can do it more delicately. This occurs several times.
Now for the better part:
I really really enjoyed the performance, because you play it with intent. The musicality of the performance cannot be mistaken. The sound of the piano is amazing - which is also your doing.

@Ido and Wie Waldi - I knew what parts (0:22) you were talking about without having to listen to it. Yes, I can definitely make those more delicate and I think it's easily fixable next time around. When I first learned this piece it was on a hybrid digital in which case I left the pedal down during that part. So even though I'm letting my hands off, the sound isn't as abrupt. I can see that in an old recording I have on YT.

After getting the grand piano in November last year, I had to really change a lot things in regards to pedaling. In this case, I release it before ending the phrase and so I need to lean off a little slower at the end of it.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by bSharp(C)yclist; 08/16/21 06:56 PM.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
My first batch of comments. I'm skipping around.

01. Qazsedcft - Sneaky I first heard of this composer a couple of days ago at my teacher’s adult recital. A piece called Katherine, completely different in style than Sneaky. This a fun, flirty piece and you captured the light-hearted spirit and played it really well with expression. Your audio recording was high quality. If you want to keep working on it, I think you can give this piece some more character by coming up with contrasting phrases, like a call and response format, or dialogue between two people having some fun. More Forte in some places, contrasted with Pianissimo.

02. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu Welcome to the recital and congratulations on your first submittal! You have admiral finger dexterity and fluid runs. I get the impression that you spent more time practicing the beginning of the piece. As you approach the middle section and again in return of the A section, your tempo starts to increase, and your fingers can’t keep up, which trips up your rhythm and ability to hit the correct notes. I think you could do more with the middle section. It’s such a beautiful contrast to the rest of the Impromptu. Bring out the melody more and let it sing.

04. Sam S - Etude 2 I have never played anything by Glass but I imagine it’s very challenging to keep the listener’s attention so they don’t zone out with the repetitive patterns. You tempo is rock steady. My only suggestion is to increase the tempo some and, in the first part of the piece, make the RH less loud and give the phrases more shape. There is a theme amidst all those repeated notes that needs to be brought out more. I think your phrasing is more successful when you get to the middle of the piece. I can hear how you ramp up the drama and your slow, long crescendos are very effective. Near the end when the theme is in the LH, those notes in the high register need to pop out. Not sure how to do that except maybe rely on the damper pedal and hold them down longer.

05. wouter79 - Op.45, Over Hill and Dale (24), Ballet (20) I can’t find any pulse in Hill and Dale and the rhythm sounds off. It would sound better if the rhythm was correct and you played at a slower tempo. Not sure why that happened because Ballet has a clear, steady pulse.

07. MarieJ - Gnossienne No. 1 You have the notes down. If you want to continue to working on it, I think you could focus on bringing out your RH melody. Play it as loud as you can and then you will start to hear how effective it can be. It would transform this piece and liven it up.

10. Flygbladet - Tonbilder part 2 "barnmenuett" (Childrens menuett) You give a lively and very skilled performance of this interesting composer and piece. I don’t have any technical suggestions as I thought it sounded great. Your piano is calling you back. Don’t stop playing!

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Keyboard for practice
by lbuizza - 11/28/21 09:12 AM
removing dust from bridge using piano string,
by Maximillyan - 11/28/21 05:51 AM
When Mozart plays a mean trick on you
by cygnusdei - 11/28/21 02:20 AM
Thin\hollow sound - improvement possible?
by TBell - 11/28/21 01:26 AM
Es920
by Jitin - 11/27/21 10:11 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,283
Posts3,149,286
Members103,450
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission