2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
77 members (brdwyguy, Alfred La Fleur, brennbaer, 36251, benQF, anotherscott, Boboulus, Buzz209, 14 invisible), 674 guests, and 447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Recital #63 is now open for submissions!

Ready to submit your performance? Go here: recitals.pianoworld.com

Deadline: 6:00 am US EASTERN TIME on August 15th, 2021.

New to the recitals? Read on:
The recital will be posted sometime on the 15th of August, which means that submissions must be in by 6:00 am US Eastern Time, August 15th. Please note this deadline is very firm; I cannot start working on the recital until it is closed, and once it is closed, no new entries can be added.

While any and all styles of music are welcome, we do ask that it be piano related. Only one recording may be submitted per forum member (although that recording may consist of a medley of two or more very short related pieces).

Editing or digital alteration of your performance (other than minor edits such as trimming long silences at the end or beginning of the piece) is counter to the 'live recital' spirit of the AB Forum Recital and is thus strongly discouraged. In any event, any editing should be disclosed in the "additional information" section of the recital submission template.

If you are fairly new to the piano, please do not be intimidated by some of the talent here in the ABF. We all consider ourselves to be beginners even though we may have been playing for some time. And, we LOVE to hear recordings from folks new to the keyboard. So even if you're on your first Alfred's method book, we would *really* enjoy hearing from you.

Recital submissions must be in MP3 format. The maximum size of the file is 20 MB. Videos are optional, and must be hosted elsewhere - you will supply the link.

If you are new to recording your music, there are several threads in the forum archives that address the ways and means. Audacity is an excellent free recording application that can be used.

Submitting Your Recording:

You will upload your mp3 file to the recital server as part of the recital submission process.

When you have your mp3 file ready, go to:recitals.pianoworld.com

and follow the instructions there. Please note that the software does not cope well with international characters, so please convert any such characters to standard American characters. Once you have uploaded your info to the automated recital software, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will have the opportunity to revise your submission any time up until the deadline. If you have any problems at all using the website, or if you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within a few hours, just PM me (Sam S). If you have not participated in past recitals using this software, I strongly encourage you to submit your recital piece at least a day in advance in case you run into any problems with it.

The recital website uses the following submission template to be filled out along with your attached music file. You may want to have your responses to these fields prepared in advance so all you have to do is cut and paste:

Performer's Name: {forum ID and real name if you'd like}
Where you are located: {optional}
Experience: {Yrs/Mos of piano playing experience}
Link to YouTube or other video: {optional}
Home page link: {optional}
Title of piece/composer:
Source of music: {sheet music, improvised score, play-by-ear, etc}
Instrument used: {Piano make, keyboard model, etc.}
Recording method: {audacity, Zoom, digital to PC, etc.}
Constructive technical feedback wanted: {Yes/No}
Additional Info: {Your thoughts on the piece, what you had for lunch, etc.}

The due date for all submissions is 6:00 am US EASTERN TIME on August 15th, 2021.

By submitting a piece to the recital, you are certifying that it is a recording of your own performance.

Again, the recital will be presented in the order the pieces were received, so the sooner you send in your piece, the higher you will be on the list! You can revise your entries on the template (e.g., thoughts about your piece, adding YouTube links, and the like) any time and not lose your place in the recital queue, but if you resubmit your recording at any time, for any reason, you will be bumped to the end of the list.

Should you have any questions at all on what to do or how to do it, do not hesitate to ask. Remember, there are NO stupid questions, as we have a steady flow of new members in AB Forum for whom this is their first recital, so your questions will probably help to eliminate other member's problems.

Looking forward to hearing the recital!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'm in at #1. 😮 Didn't expect that. There are already 4 submissions.

Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Qazsedcft

I tried to be first - but came in at 5th - Everyone must have had their fingers poised over the button.

Sam

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S
I tried to be first - but came in at 5th - Everyone must have had their fingers poised over the button.
Sam, you can submit the form with only the required fields and fill out the rest later.

It's a bit of a pitty that everyone rushes to submit in the first few minutes and unfair to those who can't for some reason. Maybe we should randomize the start order.

Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Sam, you can submit the form with only the required fields and fill out the rest later.

It's a bit of a pitty that everyone rushes to submit in the first few minutes and unfair to those who can't for some reason. Maybe we should randomize the start order.

That would go against a long-standing tradition.

I usually listen in reverse or random order anyway...

Sam

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Sam

For sure. I went on a little before 6, saw no one had posted so took my time putting the piece on.... and I'm 9th!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Sam, is it normal that we can already see the enties for the current recital in the recital index? The music isn't available yet but if someone added a Youtube link it is visible. For instance, I can view your performance already.

Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Sam, is it normal that we can already see the enties for the current recital in the recital index? The music isn't available yet but if someone added a Youtube link it is visible. For instance, I can view your performance already.

If you browse by recital it doesn't show active recitals. I'll have to look at the other pages.

Sam

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
@Qazsedcft
I noticed the same thing in the previous recital. Seems designed this way.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wouter79
@Qazsedcft

Well, no I didn't design it that way - I just overlooked the state of the recital in some cases. Try it now, although the query is going to be a bit slower now.

Sam

Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
We're off to a good start - 21 submissions in the first 24 hours - keep them coming!

Recital #63 is scheduled for Sunday, August 15, 2021 and is now open for submissions!

The submission deadline is Sunday, August 15, 2021 at 6:00 Eastern (US) time.

There are currently 21 submitted pieces.

1. Qazsedcft - Sneaky (Stephen Chatman)
2. Calavera - Theme of Love (Uematsu, Nobuo)
3. ranjit - Fantaisie Impromptu (Chopin)
4. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Sonata in C Major K545 (Mozart)
5. Sam S - Etude 2 (Philip Glass)
6. wouter79 - Op.45, Over Hill and Dale (24), Ballet (20) (Heller, Stephen)
7. barbaram - Dansul Romanesc (James Welburn)
8. MarieJ - Gnossienne No. 1 (Erik Satie)
9. Peyton - Gnossienne For Stella (Original composition)
10. KevinM - Songs Without Words Opus 19 No. 1 (Mendelssohn)
11. QuasiUnaFantasia - Stimmungsbilder, opus 9 no. 4: Traumerei (Strauss, Richard)
12. Flygbladet - Tonbilder part 2 "barnmenuett" (Childrens menuett) (Elfrida Andree)
13. JJHLH - Feuillet d'Album Op 45, No 1 (Scriabin)
14. pianist685 (Constantin) - Prelude and Allegro HWV 576 (Handel)
15. Alpha Terminus - Lotus Land (Cyril Scott)
16. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 8 in F major (BWV 779) (J.S. Bach)
17. Serge88 - Boogie Blues Etude (Aimee Nolte)
18. vte - Vieux Noel in G minor (Cesar Franck)
19. dumka1 - Prelude Op. 11 no 2 (Scriabin)
20. psyche23 (Edwin) - Le Piccadilly (Erik Satie)
21. Ted Jones - Wet Pavements (Ted Jones)

Sam

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sam, the piece I want to submit was recorded after Recital #62, but before call for submissions for #63. Is it OK to submit that, or should I mandatorily record only after the call for submission? I understand the logic in demanding the latter; it will just take me about 50 tries laugh again!

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mmatthew
Sam, the piece I want to submit was recorded after Recital #62, but before call for submissions for #63. Is it OK to submit that, or should I mandatorily record only after the call for submission? I understand the logic in demanding the latter; it will just take me about 50 tries laugh again!

No, you are fine - submit what you have. We've had people submit recordings that are years old...

Sam

P
P
@Qazsedcft

Well, no I didn't design it that way - I just overlooked the state of the recital in some cases. Try it now, although the query is going to be a bit slower now.

Sam

Sam, it looks like the links to 'show' the details of a submission are now incorrect when browsing by Performer. They're fine when browsing by Recital.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Ya got 24 submission s now . . . . . smile

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by psyche23
@Qazsedcft

Sam

Sam, it looks like the links to 'show' the details of a submission are now incorrect when browsing by Performer. They're fine when browsing by Recital.

Try it now...

Sam

P
P
Originally Posted by psyche23
@Qazsedcft

Sam

Try it now...

Sam

Perfect! Thanks Sam.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Looking great so far--looking forward to the K545 and Eb Bach prelude.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
I have a general question about the recitals.
Why do have the themed recitals an own sub-forum, but the quarterly are hosted in the regular ABF, between all the chatting threads?

(Not that I want to change that. Indeed I think it is good as it is and I can find good reasons to do so. I am just curious why it had been decided that way in the past)

Self teaching Adult Beginner without method | Kawai CN29, Senn HD560s
Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Wie Waldi
I have a general question about the recitals.
Why do have the themed recitals an own sub-forum, but the quarterly are hosted in the regular ABF, between all the chatting threads?

(Not that I want to change that. Indeed I think it is good as it is and I can find good reasons to do so. I am just curious why it had been decided that way in the past)

There was no discussion about creating the Themed Recital sub-forum. It just happened one day - I assume someone complained about the recital discussions in the main thread, and Mr. Piano World made a command decision.

Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha GT20 versus NU1X
by Music_with_emma - 09/20/21 08:09 AM
Player pianos
by Selencious - 09/20/21 06:52 AM
What's this bit do?
by chopin_r_us - 09/20/21 03:14 AM
Ivers and Pond Full Upright vs Steinway K52
by Pianolance - 09/19/21 11:25 PM
could you judge my playing please.
by daoc2009 - 09/19/21 09:31 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,200
Posts3,133,701
Members102,777
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission