2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
Hello people on this forum, I'm planning on buying my first digital piano and I'm considering kawai CA79 but in my country but it doesn't have the bluetooth feature. Except of unable to use my Bluetooth headphone, will I lose another benefits from not having a Bluetooth connection ? Is it even important ?

It also costs about 2100 USD here (indonesia) but only provide 1 year warranty. I might consider clp 745 which is about 1750 USD with Bluetooth, better headphone experience and better quality control but losing key action quality (?).

(Please excuse my broken english) thank you !

C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
You couldn't use the Bluetooth headphones anyway as
- that exact Bluetooth use case wouldn't be supported anyway, I believe
- there would be too much delay in the sound for piano playing

Also there are products to add Bluetooth MIDI or audio to a piano that doesn't have it:

https://www.quicco.de/en/

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_md_bt01_wireless_midi_adapter.htm

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_ud_bt01_wireless_midi_adapter.htm

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
You can't use bluetooth headphones with a piano. There's too much delay in bluetooth.
Originally Posted by Browncat
I'm considering kawai CA79 but in my country but it doesn't have the bluetooth feature. Except of unable to use my Bluetooth headphone, will I lose another benefits from not having a Bluetooth connection? Is it even important?
So bluetooth is not important.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hello people on this forum, I'm planning on buying my first digital piano and I'm considering kawai CA79 but in my country but it doesn't have the bluetooth feature. Except of unable to use my Bluetooth headphone, will I lose another benefits from not having a Bluetooth connection ? Is it even important ?

It also costs about 2100 USD here (indonesia) but only provide 1 year warranty. I might consider clp 745 which is about 1750 USD with Bluetooth, better headphone experience and better quality control but losing key action quality (?).

(Please excuse my broken english) thank you !

If you can get CA79 for $2100 US and CLP745 for $1750 US, both of these are so exceptionally good/low prices they are hard to believe .... if true, you may want to go for it - either one!

I do not think you are missing much without Bluetooth support on CA79 IMHO!, BUT do think the audio & midi support via USB is a notable advantage on the 745. The new GrandTouch-S action on the 745, based on specs/reviews/anecdotes, seems as though this might be a lighter action otherwise out of character, traditionally, for a Yamaha DP whereas Kawai DPs in general have a reputation for light action ....... unfortunately, due to timing/circumstances of global issues, both these brands/models were new a year ago but have not yet developed a lot of actual user/owner commentary here, especially the 745 especially in America .... but where you are in the world, logistically, may have better availability to see & try before buy 🙂

Both these brands/models do have one or more separate threads here at PW, do yourself a favor and read some of the feedback/issues experienced by owners.

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
B
OP Offline
B
Ah, that's true. I didn't consider that. Thank you

R
R
There no way a CA79 is only 2100 $. If it is then its a major steal or there is something wrong with it.

Ron
Kawai CA79

VSL (BÖSENDORFER 280VC, CFX, Steinway D-274), Modern U, Ravenscroft275, Noire, Lounge Lizard EP-4

(Not Used much) Garritan Abbey Road Studios CFX, Bechstein Digital, , Auddict_Dorian_Marko, The Grandeur,, 300_Grand_Compact, Pianoteq, Synthology_American_D
B
OP Offline
B
It might sounds cheap in the US, but it's a big amount of money here because our average wage is 2-3 times lower compared to US, so it's like purchasing 4000 usd stuff for american I guess. 🤔 I think that's one of the reasons why kawai factory is located in Indonesia.

Unfortunately, because of pandemic, I can't find ca79 nor clp 745 anywhere here. I might like the ca79 key action because it's generally have a lighter action, I can't even play piano actually lol. My biggest concern is can you play pianissimo with ease on gf3 ? I heard some there is an issue about "dead spot" on some keys when you play it too soft.

Last edited by Browncat; 07/28/21 07:19 AM.
C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
Well, the "dead spot" is supposed to be there as that's how real pianos work.

But some (one? several people?) have complained about it not being perfectly consistent between different keys. I even remember a piano teacher making a video about it.

B
OP Offline
B
On the official website ca79 is about 3000 usd in my country before the discount. 2100 usd is the online price from the official dealer, fortunately my house and the factory are in the same city so there is no delivery fee.

The labor cost is cheap here, that's why the price is much lower. But still I don't understand why kawai indonesia only provide 1 year of warranty for their digital pianos. Also same for yamaha only 1 year of warranty. Even though kawai digital piano in the US also comes from here.

B
OP Offline
B
Yeah , I knew this issue from that video on youtube. But IIRC her piano was ca48/58, not sure but I remember it's GF compact action.

So several people also have complained about it on ca79 ? Is there a link to that discussion? Thank you.

C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
Yeah , I knew this issue from that video on youtube. But IIRC her piano was ca48/58, not sure but I remember it's GF compact action.

Shirley, I mean surely it was CA58 and GF-C:

I have no idea about the CA79 or if any other people have been bothered by that. And who says Clavinovas couldn't have similar "issues".

Some digital pianos have note to note editing and that could be a workaround.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
H
H
I own the CA79 for about a year now. My teacher owns a clp745 for a year now, so I have played a considerable time on both pianos. Although I am still incredibly disappointed in KAWAI‘s promises about software updates (I am still waiting for an official fix of the buzzing issue since imo a serious company should not spread some kinds of beta softwares, without a following proper update), I would never change my CA79 for a clp745. The differences in action, sound and overall playing experience are immense. The touch of the Kawai is really really good while the touch on the Yamaha ist too light in my opinion. The internal speaker sound is especially towards the really high an low octaves and high volumes much better on the CA79. Lots of people on the forum are complaining about the CA79 UI and touchscreen. Both are not good but they work for me and that’s about it. Wouldn’t it have been about the buzzing of the speakers and unkept (so far) promises about updates I would see the CA79 as an almost perfect digital piano. Nevertheless it is way better than the clp745. However this is just my opinion and other opinions might differ a lot.

Greetings,
Henri

Last edited by Henri79; 07/29/21 07:00 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission