2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 5 invisible), 1,292 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by mmatthew
The 725 is really stylish and looks great in a room. I test played this setup at a store and it really is a stable sturdy unit.

With the L515 stand and LP1 three pedal unit, the P515 also makes a beautiful setup (l had the below setup earlier):

[Linked Image]

But I found this is not as sturdy as I would have liked. Eventually, I used a keyboard stand for the P515.

Some of the sounds in Casio's AiR can surprise people (like it did me) who are willing to give it a fair try.

I wish you the best in your selection and purchase!

Hi @mmathew , did that setup create bass problems?. One rear ported monitor being so close to a wall corner makes me wonder

Jose

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Sweelinck
The SK-EX patch in the HI-XL piano engine is the only one I use for classical piano repertoire, and the ES110 lacks the HI-XL piano engine. Action differences aside, this alone is a step down in utility for classical repertoire when using the ES110.

@Sweelinck are your suggesting the CA series, to avail of the HI-XL for a beginning 13yr old?

Originally Posted by KawaiUS HI-XL
KawaiUS on HI-XL

Harmonic Imaging XL

Starting with the new Concert Artists series, Kawai will roll out Harmonic Imaging XL with 88-key sampling. Standing for “extra-long”, HI-XL extends the length of the critical attack portion of the sound by up to 120%, articulating the characteristics of each note more clearly and organically.

Hard at work while waiting for my dream DP....
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EB5AGV
Originally Posted by mmatthew
The 725 is really stylish and looks great in a room. I test played this setup at a store and it really is a stable sturdy unit.

With the L515 stand and LP1 three pedal unit, the P515 also makes a beautiful setup (l had the below setup earlier):

[Linked Image]

But I found this is not as sturdy as I would have liked. Eventually, I used a keyboard stand for the P515.

Some of the sounds in Casio's AiR can surprise people (like it did me) who are willing to give it a fair try.

I wish you the best in your selection and purchase!

Hi @mmathew , did that setup create bass problems?. One rear ported monitor being so close to a wall corner makes me wonder

It did! Adjusting the High trim and Low trim didn't help. The ideal setup seemed to be inverting the above setup to have the monitor on stands and the monitors in the center of the room per the suggested drawings in the HS8 manuals. That took up too much space in the room, and since I liked the headphones better, I returned the HS8s.

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ehi

I saw this clarinova, what do you guys think ?

https://brevemusic.co.uk/product/yamaha-clp725r-clavinova-digital-piano-rosewood/

Yes I gathered, thank you and thank you to everyone else, all other points noted

I think the CLP725R is of a high caliber that is easily enough piano and probably more than enough, for your daughter or any novice or beginner or intermediate player to generally learn well and progress with learning well for the next few years at a minimum.

I also think that finding an appropriate DP in and of itself can be a somewhat difficult project for anyone, and in your situation the project is more difficult due to family dynamics. I wish you the best on both fronts 🙂 but please be aware that your efforts may suitably fix the former but not the latter...... at this point, i have to wonder about a potential third front ..... with all of your effort here, have you gotten at least a bit if an itch to learn and play a little piano yourself? 😄

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
Originally Posted by Kawai James
...However, given the choice, I would opt for the ES520 or ES920 instead...
Kind regards,
James
x

Hi James, in your use case, your probably right.

Originally Posted by Abdol
Originally Posted by josh_sounds
Drop everything else as Kawai ES110 destroys them all in terms of the realism of the default piano sound (jump to 32:36). Key action is lighter compared to others, allowing for easy transition from spring keys to weighted keys. See the comparison for yourself here: youtube.com/watch?v=T4oGfclqqxg
Never trust a guy who only owns a single black leather jacket...

Hahaha , you got me at "black leather jacket", lol....

When I said Drop everything else, I meant this video of the guy with "a single black leather jacket"!!!:

C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
James Pavel Shawcross has several leather jackets.

J
J
I was in the music store today shopping for a digital piano. I was looking to compare lower end models such as Yamaha P-45, Casio PX-S1100, and Roland FP-10. They had the Yamaha (very popular model) and Casio, but didn't have the FP-10. They did have a FP-30 which was on clearance for $449 (because of the new model FP-30X). Most companies such as these use the same "guts" for several models in one line, so for example the FP-10 and the FP-30 are basically the same piano except for details in the features.

I'm not highly experienced with pianos, but to my feel the Roland was the top choice in terms of realistic piano feel. That's a priority for me, as I want something that feels and sounds dynamically like a real piano, but without the weight, footprint, tuning, etc. of a real piano. Some of the techy stuff I don't really care about.

So I would definitely recommend the FP-30X.

https://www.pianotone.ca/roland-fp30-review/

Last edited by Jeff NC; 07/24/21 06:03 PM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jeff NC
I was in the music store today shopping for a digital piano. I was looking to compare lower end models such as Yamaha P-45, Casio PX-S1100, and Roland FP-10. They had the Yamaha (very popular model) and Casio, but didn't have the FP-10. They did have a FP-30 which was on clearance for $449 (because of the new model FP-30X). Most companies such as these use the same "guts" for several models in one line, so for example the FP-10 and the FP-30 are basically the same piano except for details in the features.

I'm not highly experienced with pianos, but to my feel the Roland was the top choice in terms of realistic piano feel. That's a priority for me, as I want something that feels and sounds dynamically like a real piano, but without the weight, footprint, tuning, etc. of a real piano. Some of the techy stuff I don't really care about.

For many people the Roland action seems to be the least-worst action of the super-cheapo options. Personally for me the Casio is the worst.

However those super-cheapo pianos are as close to "realistic piano feel" as a bobby car is to a Ford F-150.

Yamaha P-515
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission