2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
37 members (ajf0016, cygnusdei, clothearednincompo, Beemer, Ben_NZ, Boboulus, Dfrankjazz, 11 invisible), 776 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Oh sorry, it was online on the site. It's out of stock now

D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
No problem, thanks for your interest and reply. Yes they are extremely popular, more so then Yamaha probably ever envisioned.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 NY Steinway D
Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP4
S
S
I just found one in stock that I ordered Online, only one was left though. Hopefully it gets shipped Monday if I'm lucky and it wasn't a glitch.

Anyway, I also ordered through Musicians friend earlier this week they quoted me a ship date of 8/13.
I don't know how accurate that is but it may be worth contacting the live chat and seeing if that is still what they are estimating.
Even if they don't ship the 13th it may be worth at least ordering to see as noone else has estimated me a date that soon.
(Fyi they often offer a discount through that chat as well if you ask)

D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Thank you.

2005 NY Steinway D
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I s'pose if a trader have a (slightly) optimistic view of availability, he'd get a much bigger share of the market!
Anyone in the N of England want a less than 2yo model with stand and triple pedal? As new condition . . .Ah well! I guess it'll be ebay.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
T
T
I'm looking to buy a P515 as well. I added my email to a bunch of "notify me when available" lists in online stores. Saw one notification email 3 hours after it was sent and it was already too late. One of the stores shows an expected in-stock date in October!

Talão

Yamaha U3 and P125
Playing since July 2019
My piano journey
D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks. It's crazy how they go so fast ! Yes I've sort of given up on the P515, for now at least.

If I upgrade it will probably be the CP88. The Sherman Oaks Guitar Center had one I played the other day and I was this close to plunking down my CC but then had second thoughts about it since I'm not gigging that much.

But being somewhat of a spontaneous kind of guy, I might just go over there and pick it up at anytime. It really is a very nice keyboard and I'm sure I would be happy with it.

2005 NY Steinway D
T
T
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
Thanks. It's crazy how they go so fast ! Yes I've sort of given up on the P515, for now at least.

If I upgrade it will probably be the CP88. The Sherman Oaks Guitar Center had one I played the other day and I was this close to plunking down my CC but then had second thoughts about it since I'm not gigging that much.

But being somewhat of a spontaneous kind of guy, I might just go over there and pick it up at anytime. It really is a very nice keyboard and I'm sure I would be happy with it.

I debated the CP88 as well as the Kawai MP11SE, but ultimately settled on the P515 because of the onboard speakers. I don't want to have to add outside speakers to the setup. My P125 will have to do until the P515 becomes available.

Talão

Yamaha U3 and P125
Playing since July 2019
My piano journey
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I've just about given up, too. The lack of availability is distressing. Maybe next year?

S
S
I do have a white one I bought new last week that I just listed on Reverb.
It arrived with a small dimple dent on the front which is barely visible in most angles. I didn't even notice it until a couple days after ownership when the sun hit it just right. I can provide a video to accurately show how minimal it is.
It also came with a cracked power supply that still works but I taped closed for now.
I will ship it with a new aftermarket power supply from Amazon that is coming Friday.
I can also provide the original sales receipt from an authorized dealer which should be all you need if you ever need to use the warranty.

Unfortunately, after shipping I don't believe I will be able to sell it to anyone online for much less than new costs but if anyone is interested, here is the link to my listing with photos.

https://reverb.com/item/42841220-yamaha-p-515-digital-piano-2010s-white

There is some negotiation on the price outside of reverb as they charge me 5%.
If you are local to NH you are welcome to choose pickup as an option and you can get it at a small discount over new.

Edit: I am selling because I have decided to go another route.

Last edited by Sporadic; 08/05/21 12:06 AM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sporadic,

I hope you do not mind me asking but why are you paying the cost to replace a cracked power supply included with a new DP you just purchased and which you intend to sell right away?

Are you trying to preserve the warranty status -keep your name out of it - for whomever you sell to or are there other reasons to not hold the dealer/manufacturer responsible for delivering you a new DP that is itself slightly damaged/blemished plus a damaged ps?

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
Like he said ...
Originally Posted by drewr
S... why are you paying the cost to replace a cracked power supply included with a new DP you just purchased and which you intend to sell right away?
If you buy new, you deserve new.

S
S
I don't mind at all.

I was compensated by the dealer for the damaged power supply and the minor dent. It was enough to where I would be happy with it if I was keeping it, give someone a decent discount if I sold it locally or ship it to someone for close to new price with a new power supply if they happened to really need one and didn't want to wait months.
This company only had a 7 day return policy which was not enough time for me to test it and make a decision so I took the compensation because at that time I was pretty sure I wanted to keep it.

Last edited by Sporadic; 08/05/21 08:48 AM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
so ..... looks like a win-win once you sell it 😊

Let me guess ..... was it the “sounds great binaural w/headphones WOOHOO !! ... but what? ...huh! What’s up with the on-board speakers no so great 😕 “ syndrome that helped change your mind? There’s been some of that going around here lately.

Last edited by drewr; 08/05/21 09:19 AM.

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
U
U
I have an as-new P-515 with the Yamaha integrated stand and 3-pedal unit that I’d sell. Thing is, I’m pretty far north in the U.P. of Michigan, and that’s a long drive for many. 😁

S
S
Originally Posted by drewr
so ..... looks like a win-win once you sell it 😊

Let me guess ..... was it the “sounds great binaural w/headphones WOOHOO !! ... but what? ...huh! What’s up with the on-board speakers no so great 😕 “ syndrome that helped change your mind? There’s been some of that going around here lately.

Actually, I like the sound in general. That's one of the things I do like about it is it's available sounds. The onboard speakers are suitable imo for general use. I mostly play in headphones anyway and I have studio monitors if I need better sound randomly.

I got a great deal on an FP90X is why I am selling the Yamaha. IMO the Roland's key action is on another level. It's smoother and I can really "feel" my performance emotions much better through that key action.
Some people complain the Yamaha is really heavy though and I had no issues with how heavy it felt. I think because I read so many complaints I was expecting much heavier and was surprised when I finally played it. Yamahas key action is good overall though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sustain Pedal Use
by john fh - 09/25/21 02:13 AM
Insulted a Kawai salesman with straight talk
by Cristofori - 09/25/21 01:37 AM
Berg Sieben Früher Lieder and more
by MinscAndBoo - 09/24/21 08:47 PM
Free Books
by Larry Fine - 09/24/21 07:18 PM
Need help finding a piece (Streabbog?)
by cygnusdei - 09/24/21 06:51 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,282
Posts3,134,985
Members102,816
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission