2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
38 members (ajf0016, cygnusdei, clothearednincompo, Beemer, Ben_NZ, Boboulus, Dfrankjazz, 12 invisible), 810 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 96 of 98 1 2 94 95 96 97 98
L
L
I took a break from my lesson work to jump back in to 5-E, and knocked out Star Spangled Banner and Battle Hymn 100%. It was nice to do some stuff that doesn't require me to think about improv smile

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
T
T
I recently entered the realm of 'Canon in C'.

It’s going to be hard and will probably take a while but it gets that left hand moving about over the keyboard and I’m totally up for the challenge.

My fingers are already finding their own way of moving between chords so hopefully I can leave part of the challenge up to them.

I'm at 74% on method and 87% on Technique and I'm enjoying myself more than ever with PM.

I'll get into the 'Master Club' on both sections. When that day comes, I don’t care, but I'll get there.

Will I be able to play piano when I get there? Probably not, but it’s a good start on my journey.

Last edited by treefrog; 06/25/21 04:56 PM.

Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
L
L
Canon in C was the first piece I really had to buckle down on. It was only after I memorized it that I could get to 100%. I still use it almost daily as a warmup piece. It gets the arms moving. Good luck with it!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Canon in C was the hardest piece I've dealt with in PM so far. My left hand just does not want to cooperate with my right hand in that composition.

Casio PX-S3000
Nope, no issues with it at all.
Took lessons from 1960 to 1969, stopped at age 16.
Started again in July 2020 at age 67. Lots more fun now!
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sol Finker
I'm trying to get rid of the comping instruments except for the piano. I have created a mix preset without anything but piano and metronome and all kinds of flutes and clavinets keep sounding.
Is there a way to get rid of all 13 instruments different from the piano?
I'm using iPad.

[Linked Image]

Maybe it's best to send an email to suzette@pianomarvel.com She knows all about iPad settings.

Piano Marvel level 4E and everything I like smile
P
P
Hey! I am really enjoying Piano Marvel but I was wondering...at what point do they integrate pedal in the learning process? I am at level 4 and I haven't seen a song in the method with pedal so I am confused...Maybe I missed something!?
Thanks

L
L
Pretty sure never (I'm on 5-E). PM doesn't analyze how long you hold keys down either, it's only grading if you hit the key at the right moment.

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by petricak
Hey! I am really enjoying Piano Marvel but I was wondering...at what point do they integrate pedal in the learning process? I am at level 4 and I haven't seen a song in the method with pedal so I am confused...Maybe I missed something!?
Thanks

The lesson on pedal use starts around 5 minutes.

T
T
I’m still on 'Canon in C' and still loving it.

It’s a masterclass in hand independence and I’m constantly being surprised by my achievements.
I don’t know if I'm splitting by brain into two or shutting it down completely so that it doesn’t get in the way smile

Either way, I’m constantly fascinated by what I am able to do.

Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by treefrog
I’m still on 'Canon in C' and still loving it.

It’s a masterclass in hand independence and I’m constantly being surprised by my achievements.
I don’t know if I'm splitting by brain into two or shutting it down completely so that it doesn’t get in the way smile

Either way, I’m constantly fascinated by what I am able to do.

That's a great feeling, when your hands start taking on a life of their own...you don't have to use your brain for it. wink

J
J
Hello, I'm the new one smile

I was searching for a 'Piano Marvel' related forum and was directed here. I've started the method 70 days ago and enjoy it a lot so far. Before I've tried another learning app (I started my piano journey on easter sunday this year) but PM seamed to fit the way I approach learning music better with it's possibility to learn section by section (bar) and in slow tempo at first.

The most helpful PM feature to me is the upload option but since I only have Musescore I still struggle sometimes with compatibility, none the less, I love it. At the moment I'm in method Level 4b (don't ask about the "Technic" Section and the SASR though, which I'm neglecting successfully most days :-/).

I just wanted to say "hi" so I'm not a complete stranger and lurker here any longer.

T
T
Originally Posted by Johanna H.
Hello, I'm the new one smile

I was searching for a 'Piano Marvel' related forum and was directed here. I've started the method 70 days ago and enjoy it a lot so far. Before I've tried another learning app (I started my piano journey on easter sunday this year) but PM seamed to fit the way I approach learning music better with it's possibility to learn section by section (bar) and in slow tempo at first.

The most helpful PM feature to me is the upload option but since I only have Musescore I still struggle sometimes with compatibility, none the less, I love it. At the moment I'm in method Level 4b (don't ask about the "Technic" Section and the SASR though, which I'm neglecting successfully most days :-/).

I just wanted to say "hi" so I'm not a complete stranger and lurker here any longer.

Hi Johanna and welcome.

Personally, I would recommend that you do the technique section as most of the time, the exercises in technique relate to the exercises at the same level number in method.

I'm much further ahead in Technique(90%) than I am in Method which has been a great help as when playing a new piece in Method it is likely that I already learned the required chords and scales in Technique.

L
L
Welcome to the forum Johanna! I'm finishing off technique 5E, but am much further behind in the method (mainly due to ear training).

J
J
Thank you for the welcome @treefrog and @loydb. Of course you are absolutely right in reminding me of the importance of the Technique section. To my defense, I'm actually studying scales, chords, arpeggios and other stuff but not with the PM Technique chapters. I always plan to include them as well in my daily routine but my time is limited. I'm already spending about 1 1/2 to 4 hours each day at the piano since I started and I need to train with some music I really like between the PM lessons to keep me motivated. By the way, at the moment I'm distracted from the course by the latest song of the week ('In the mood') but I often include (simple arranged) music from other sources as well. I'll try to catch up with the Technique Part in the future, though, promised.

T
T
I’m on the last part of 'Canon in C' and will be tackling the entire piece in a day or two.

I’ve probably been working on this for a month and I’m intrigued to see how my brain will piece all the sections together.

Last edited by treefrog; 07/31/21 06:41 PM.

Does anybody here know if there is an exercise for practicing ii-V-I progressions in the library?

Jaime CLP-645 frown
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Sol Finker
Does anybody here know if there is an exercise for practicing ii-V-I progressions in the library?

Search in the library for : "Chord Progression Proficiency" Good luck!

Originally Posted by Sarah65
Search in the library for: "Chord Progression Proficiency" Good luck!
Thank you, Sarah.
These look like cadences to me. I'm just a beginner so I can't tell.

I'll browse through those cadences and add them to my favorites.

Thank you.

Jaime CLP-645 frown
J
J
Sorry, I don't know about the PM library, and perhaps you already found what you were looking for. However, if not, did you try the musescore search Musescore Search (ii-V-I)https://musescore.com/hub/piano?text=ii-V-I already? Maybe you can find something there and import it to PM. I've been lucky before with this in similar occasions. Better than putting together a file all by one self, at least. smile

Originally Posted by Johanna H.
Sorry, I don't know about the PM library, and perhaps you already found what you were looking for. However, if not, did you try the musescore search Musescore Search (ii-V-I)https://musescore.com/hub/piano?text=ii-V-I already? Maybe you can find something there and import it to PM. I've been lucky before with this in similar occasions. Better than putting together a file all by one self, at least. smile
I think this is a very good idea.
I'll try to follow the tutorial and try to upload the MusicXML and MIDI files.

Thank you.

Jaime CLP-645 frown
Page 96 of 98 1 2 94 95 96 97 98

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sustain Pedal Use
by john fh - 09/25/21 02:13 AM
Insulted a Kawai salesman with straight talk
by Cristofori - 09/25/21 01:37 AM
Berg Sieben Früher Lieder and more
by MinscAndBoo - 09/24/21 08:47 PM
Free Books
by Larry Fine - 09/24/21 07:18 PM
Need help finding a piece (Streabbog?)
by cygnusdei - 09/24/21 06:51 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,282
Posts3,134,985
Members102,816
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission