2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
102 members (APianistHasNoName, Andy R, Abdol, Anglagard44, AndyOnThePiano, Animisha, beeboss, adamcz, anotherscott, 23 invisible), 1,263 guests, and 446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Online Content
D
Originally Posted by Skyscrapersax
I'm a WINDOWS (ouch, there's those nasty "ALL CAPS" again...) person; never used a Mac before, and it's very challenging.

Then why in the world did you get an f***ing Mac? And then have this attitude when people are genuinely trying to help you? Did you even download Pianoteq for MacOS (supports M1 natively), as you've been told many times?

And keeping on harping as to why Windows is better, etc? You may be a good lawyer and a good musician, but based on your interaction with people on this board, I am glad I am not one of your clients or groupies.

PS: Of course there is a version of LibreOffice that runs on MacOS (but it's not M1-aware yet), but to dismiss anything as "Apple's Word" when whatever program you use (MS Word or LibreOffice) is also available for the Mac is beyond condescending. Just par for the course, apparently.

Complete beginner, started 12/2020 with Yamaha PSR-E373. I used to play guitar some 40 years ago and recall some music theory, sheet music reading. I am starting to make some neural connections to the keys after finishing Faber's Adult All-in-One method book.
S
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by DPPianoPhil
I'm a WINDOWS person; never used a Mac before, and it's very challenging.

Then why in the world did you get an f***ing Mac? Did you even download Pianoteq for MacOS (supports M1 natively), as you've been told many times?
"Told"??? As in "ordered"? Wow. Just...

WOW!

Anyway...

1. Battery life
2. Run iPad programs
3. Don't need audio interface

based on your interaction with people on this board, I am glad I am not one of your clients or groupies.

Likewise, and you're the wrong gender for starters, Phil.....

to dismiss anything as "Apple's Word" when whatever program you use (MS Word or LibreOffice) is also available for the Mac is beyond condescending. Just par for the course, apparently.

I shoot under par, Phil. Par is OK, too, though. You've probably never had a nightmare dealing with a non-translatable brief; consider yourself lucky. Apple is WELL KNOWN for making things difficult, and "Apple Groupies" are famous for being zombies. I ain't one of 'em, thankfully.

Do you work for Apple or something? Because YOUR attitude sucks, man.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Skyscrapersax; 07/02/21 08:19 PM.

Selmer Mark VI Tenor (‘73) & Alto Sax (‘57), Yamaha YSS-62 Soprano Sax (‘87), Conn Naked Lady Baritone Sax (‘52), Conn New Wonder Tenor & Alto Sax (‘24), Yamaha WX5 Wind Synth (‘13), Kawai MP11 & ES-110, Numa Compact 2x, Casio PX5S, Roland VR-09, Hammond E-112 (‘69).
T
T
So glad I didn’t continue to contribute to this discussion lol!

Waiting patiently for delivery of my Yamaha CLP-795 / Ordered 6 Sep 2021
P
P
I’ve been trying to decide what world this thread is in. Here are a few guesses…

1. The Kobayachi Maru.

2. Billy Goats Gruff.

3. The lead in to the punchline in The Aristocrats joke.

Any others?

S
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
I'm not sure either, but apparently, some "Apple People" here feel compelled to *personally* attack other posters. Reminds me of vicious FB saxophone threads....

As a paying customer, I have EVERY right to complain about Apple's BS policies, which are legendary. That ought not subject me to personal attack.

FWIW, my new MBP w/M1 silicon is performing at expectations. The learning curve for yours truly, under par. The thing is damn confusing, and needlessly so! But it's coming along....

I SHUDDER to think how beginning PIANO PLAYERS are treated here. Everybody's a beginner at some point, and I'm an "Apple Macbook Pro beginner."

Selmer Mark VI Tenor (‘73) & Alto Sax (‘57), Yamaha YSS-62 Soprano Sax (‘87), Conn Naked Lady Baritone Sax (‘52), Conn New Wonder Tenor & Alto Sax (‘24), Yamaha WX5 Wind Synth (‘13), Kawai MP11 & ES-110, Numa Compact 2x, Casio PX5S, Roland VR-09, Hammond E-112 (‘69).
D
Online Content
D
"Told"??? As in "ordered"? Wow. Just...

No, just told, as spoken to. But you are certainly above that, so forgive me, your highness.

1. Battery life
2. Run iPad programs
3. Don't need audio interface

None of which matters if you can't use the damn thing. And apparently you can't and won't open your mind, to listen to people who spent some of their time to help you, without you even acknowledging them.

Do you work for Apple or something? Because YOUR attitude sucks, man.

Have a nice day.

Nope. But I didn't say bad things about Windows or Microsoft either. So why did you come over here: to bash Apple and/or its users or to get help? I replied to your query very politely, multiple times, with the aim to assist you... and yet you sh*t all over that, with your attitude. So, who is the better person, Mr Bigshot lawyer?

No need to answer that: you should know what a rhetorical question is. Maybe.

I SHUDDER to think how beginning PIANO PLAYERS are treated here. Everybody's a beginner at some point, and I'm an "Apple Macbook Pro beginner."

I am a piano beginner and have been treated nicely and with respect. Your problem and what I am complaining directly to you about is that you haven't shown said respect or humility. Yes, a Mac is different than a PC. That's a Good Thing!

You can demand what you want, but doing so as you did is not the best way to get it. Please, re-read this thread from the beginning and you'll see what I am talking about. And yet, you keep complaining about Apple, which has absolutely no bearing on your problem with a MIDI keyboard and a piece of virtual piano software.

Last edited by DPPianoPhil; 07/02/21 09:56 PM.

Complete beginner, started 12/2020 with Yamaha PSR-E373. I used to play guitar some 40 years ago and recall some music theory, sheet music reading. I am starting to make some neural connections to the keys after finishing Faber's Adult All-in-One method book.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Me too!
Originally Posted by TexasBear
This is an odd case, though ... because trolls are seldom as verbose as this guy.

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Burkey
Anytime we get a non-lawyer who uses Apple's Word, it causes a translation nightmare.
As I mentioned above: use Microsoft Word

What do you mean by 'Apple's Word'?

I use Libre Office now.
If you're doing legal work - don't work pay for your software?

Surely they can afford the $200 it costs for a Microsoft Word license?

Sorry about the generalization, but it's just far too hilariously cliche to pass up the opportunity to point out the fact that only a bunch of retentive lawyers would be such great big miserly tight arses!!! There should be a law banning such grievously antisocial delinquent behavior :-p

Last edited by Burkey; 07/02/21 11:18 PM.

Pianos are one of the best human inventions of the past 320 years - help evangelize the magic!
T
T
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Me too!
Originally Posted by TexasBear
This is an odd case, though ... because trolls are seldom as verbose as this guy.

This entire thread wore me out completely!

Waiting patiently for delivery of my Yamaha CLP-795 / Ordered 6 Sep 2021
O
O
I don't anything remotely constructive is going to come of this thread... Its even more pointless than the locked "everyone hates Pianoteq" thread.

S
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
....you keep complaining about Apple, which has absolutely no bearing on your problem with a MIDI keyboard and a piece of virtual piano software.

As a paying customer, I have every right to voice my opinion about a product that I purchased .... in fact, such feedback is how companies improve products. See, e.g., Amazon and other product reviews.

Is Apple so sacrosanct that it is beyond reproach?

Windows has much to answer for as well.

There is always more than one way to skin a cat. I'm an improvising Jazz musician. That's how I roll.

The M1 is working flawlessly, both within its native environment and with the Windows emulation. Really, the only perceptible difference is the need for an audio interface with Windows to reduce latency and to use ASIO.

Apparently, some use Windows > Mac emulators, too.

As a Mac newbie, I'm sending Apple some constructive criticisms on ways they could improve their "new user" experience, especially for people coming from a Windows milieu. Then again, they just topped one trillion, so I highly doubt they will care.

The initial problem could have easily been solved had Apple not buried the "MIDI Set Up" program or ahd devised it to automatically recognize that a keyboard was present and ought to be set up. That's one suggestion that I am making to Apple. Easy peasy, and yes, this is APPLE'S deficiency, not the keyboard's and not the user's. I'm sure that I'm not the first with this issue.

P
P
All this s&&t storm would have been avoided if you had Googled “setup MIDI instruments in Mac”. Or asked one of us how to do it.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
help teaching an autistic child
by sheilaju - 09/28/21 02:33 PM
Old Kawai MP6
by johan d - 09/28/21 02:04 PM
Half Pedaling reality check
by Dore - 09/28/21 12:47 PM
Confused.
by Cutec - 09/28/21 10:43 AM
International Chopin Competition Megathread
by Brendan - 09/28/21 09:30 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Our Free Newsletter for Piano Lovers!
The summer edition of our free newsletter
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,332
Posts3,135,837
Members102,845
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission