First time poster. What a wicked site!
Here's my scenario and thanks in advance for your input.
My wife didn't like the way I had sheet music spread from one end of our house to the other, so a few years ago I started a process to reduce the clutter:
1. I digitally scanned my entire library of paper sheet music, creating one PDF file for each song.
2. I developed a Microsoft Access database that stores each of the individual files. Songs can be queried by artist, key signature, genre, etc.
3. I mounted a LCD screen to my upright piano's music stand to display the PDFs.
4. I created two additional pedals for the piano that are programed to turn the "pages" of the PDF. One pedal to page forward and one pedal to page backwards.
The system works great on my upright piano, but after 35 years of piano playing, I am finally upgrading to a grand piano (super excited!!
). I have purchased a Yamaha DGC1 and am currently waiting for delivery. Due to the pandemic, it could take awhile before it's delivered. I don't want a boring computer monitor sitting on top of my new piano so I want to implement Step #5 of my master plan:
5. Use a CNC router to create a custom music stand that will replace the factory-installed music stand on my DGC1. This stand will have an LCD screen embedded into it to display my PDFs. Taking it a step further: Disklavier TV on an integrated screen.
A shiny black piano with a shiny black computer screen; the screen would darn near be invisible when turned off.
So here's my question: would someone that currently owns a Yamaha GC1 be kind enough to provide me with the dimensions of the factory music stand? The width at its widest, its height at its highest, and the thickness of the material? It would be great to work on my music stand while I'm waiting for my piano to get here. I spent about an hour trying to Google this information, but the returns were either related to the dimensions of the piano itself, or dimensions for music stands that were not the same as the GC1. Maybe all Yamaha grands have the exact same music stand dimensions? I would ask the seller of the piano, but he doesn't have one in stock (if he did, he'd be sending me my piano) and I don't feel comfortable reaching out to a different seller when I know they're not going to get a sale out of it (i.e., it wouldn't be fair to the seller).
Thanks again for any information you provide!